• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying Advice On A B4 Tt Tiptronic

arunika

Oh and Clarkson if I remember said: The flappy paddle gearbox' on the 1st Gen Audi TT, as tested by Topgear in 2006, was brilliant and proved to be something like a second quicker than shifting manually. I think he drove it and even went so far as to say it was ''the only flappy-paddle gearbox I've driven that works".

Clarkson's also been known to lament that the current Aston Martin Vanquish's 'flappy paddle' gearbox is a failure and has repeatedly stated that the cheaper DB7 and DB9's are a better option 'cos you can get them with a 'proper' manual transmission- Pretty telling against the Vanquish, for Clarkson's a huge fan of the current Aston Martin line-up.

Edited by Kavvz

Figures published by BMW -

E46 M3 -- 0-100km/h (Manual) 4.7s, (SMG) 4.9s

E92 M3 -- 0-100km/h (Manual) 4.7s, (M-DCT) 4.5s

Same speed with more power due to weight difference.

Therefore, new sport type are generally better, so a normal car manumatic can't normally match manual. Though that would depend on the driver too. :)

EDIT - I don't know if this is any use but check anyway http://www.uklegacy.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=96513

Factory 0-100km/h is supposed to be 5.9s for manual. Couldn't find manumatic speed, sorry.

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Do the B4 owners on AL run octane booster or tolouene with 95OCT petrol?

Do you get full boost with 95 oct petrol?

Used to put in Wurth octain booster for almost a year but they increased the price, so gave up and now using only 95.

No major difference, anyway not much additional 3 octain levels could do in Colombo traffic , so its a waste.

When u say " Full Boost " what exactly are u reffering to. If its turbo boost its a different stroy to octain booster.....

Used to put in Wurth octain booster for almost a year but they increased the price, so gave up and now using only 95.

No major difference, anyway not much additional 3 octain levels could do in Colombo traffic , so its a waste.

When u say " Full Boost " what exactly are u reffering to. If its turbo boost its a different stroy to octain booster.....

Hi Carbon so you can manage just on 95 octane without octane booster. Dont you have any engine knocking or pinging from the knock sensor?

Im talking about Turbo boost i heard b4's should boost more than 10 PSI but with our crappy petrol people have told me this is not possible.

Hi Carbon so you can manage just on 95 octane without octane booster. Dont you have any engine knocking or pinging from the knock sensor?

Im talking about Turbo boost i heard b4's should boost more than 10 PSI but with our crappy petrol people have told me this is not possible.

No engine knocking so far, but the engine is not very soomth in the morning ( only for a few seconds )just after starting. But after that no issues, anyway I do get the enjectors cleaned up on and off. Also I always try to pump 95 at Laughs.

The turbo boost u will get from the turbo charger, but I cannot quite understand how the quality of fuel will have any effect on this.