• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Civic Ek3,fb15 Super Saloon & Toyota Corolla Ae110,which Is The Best

hiranthak

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

r u blody mad ? the AE110 sucks like hell next to that is the FB15.. these two cars are popular only in SL because our goats cant understand the difference. if you take a bend at around 80 to 90 in any of these it will swing its back like a duck till you hit something as the rear suspension is just a pole where as the Ek has a 6 link sus..

when your old you can go buy a 110 or a FB15.. if you see a traffic jam there's always a FB or a AE in front..

When everyone is replying nicely, some donkeys show your wisdom by replying in above manner… This is what happens when donkeys drives “cherry’s”.

I thought you guys were speaking about the beam multi link suspension on Nissans (even R34 seems to have that, but independent instead of beam) vs. double wishbones on EK3s? unsure.gif Could you please elaborate on this thing? I think even the 110 has the same, though FB15 was by far the most comfortable of the three, and looks the best for me (prefer EG over EK on looks) :)

PS - 110 seems to have similar suspension as the FB15, beam type, though I'm not sure if it's multi link for the 110. 114 had a beam suspension, but same as front. But new Toyota's seem to have multi link at back and McPherson struts in front.

Edited by BLu3HaZe

i think none of these cars are meant to be "performance" oriented ones to boast about handling abilities.

all 3 are basic family sedans aimed at economical driving...so kinda pointless to argue over handling!

I wouldn't say the same about the EK3... If just the average family sedan, it doesn't need a 130hp engine nor heavy and expensive double wishbone suspension, would it? wink.gif From ES onwards, yes that's true cuz they made it kinda inferior to the EK IMO.

And afaik, both the Integra and Civic used similar suspension setups, and the former is known as one of the best FF cars in the world if I'm not mistaken? :)

I wouldn't say the same about the EK3... If just the average family sedan, it doesn't need a 130hp engine nor heavy and expensive double wishbone suspension, would it? wink.gif From ES onwards, yes that's true cuz they made it kinda inferior to the EK IMO.

And afaik, both the Integra and Civic used similar suspension setups, and the former is known as one of the best FF cars in the world if I'm not mistaken? :)

ah yes..how can i forget...EK3's are sports sedans :P

ohh!! but doesn't the 110 have it? I know the ce100 does..

But seriously? does it make such a bit difference...

nope..110 has rear independent suspension..im sure even my ae 100 had independent suspension too..

nissan had independent rear suspension up to b13.. but didnt continue from fb14 onwards. dont know why!! may be to keep the costs down. <_<

r u blody mad ? the AE110 sucks like hell next to that is the FB15.. these two cars are popular only in SL because our goats cant understand the difference. if you take a bend at around 80 to 90 in any of these it will swing its back like a duck till you hit something as the rear suspension is just a pole where as the Ek has a 6 link sus..

when your old you can go buy a 110 or a FB15.. if you see a traffic jam there's always a FB or a AE in front..

I've no experience with the Fb-15 but the 110 was quite stable around corners at about 80-85kmph and the ek3 has a slight sporting bias whereas the other two are more of a family saloon car.

dear all,many thanks for your important advices so far.now i think i should go for a honda civic EK3.if i'm wrong please correct me....... :rolleyes:

Yes you are. You should buy what you want and not what everyone else wants. This is just the Toyota Corolla syndrome on a different level.

ROFL!...Why not machan?It needs the fancy suspension to handle "all that power"...lol...I mean 130BHP!!! that's massive!!! Even the Veyron doesn't have that much...Vtec kicked in yo! [/fanboy asshat mode] :P :P :P

dear all,many thanks for your important advices so far.now i think i should go for a honda civic EK3.if i'm wrong please correct me....... :rolleyes:

At least good that you consider getting EK3 when Majority of Sri Lankans stuck with this typical Corolla and Sunny mind set.

Honda Civic EK3 if you want something extraordinary

:o lol

I dunno what effect you think this 6 links have draggy, but I have vivid memories of how loose the rear end was on Max's white Ek sedan. FF Sedans just don't have the weight or the downforce over the back to hold it down.

a larger sway bar is effective...

Saying sports maybe an overstatement, but I sure would say sporty when compared to the others. :)

PS - evergreen, what type are they? Fully or semi? Thanks for the info btw! Thus far knew that gen to have trailing twist beam type.

Edited by BLu3HaZe

ROFL!...Why not machan?It needs the fancy suspension to handle "all that power"...lol...I mean 130BHP!!! that's massive!!! Even the Veyron doesn't have that much...Vtec kicked in yo! [/fanboy asshat mode] :P :P :P

Nilantha seems to be the only toyota fanboy here...but hondas...that seems to be a very heavy category :P:D

I mean jeez...an EK3? just a bloody family sedan with a little more ponies under the hood...i don't see anything special about it.... but then again...i aint a fanboy!