• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New Headlight Law Xenon / Hid Lights??

MkX

I have got down a set of HID lights from Dubai. Can anbody please suggest a knowledeble and reliable technician to fix them. The set is 6000K with two bulbs for high and low beams respectively.The reputed installers do not undertake to install stuff provided by others.

I have got down a set of HID lights from Dubai. Can anbody please suggest a knowledeble and reliable technician to fix them. The set is 6000K with two bulbs for high and low beams respectively.The reputed installers do not undertake to install stuff provided by others.

I'm gonna guess that you didn't bother reading anything, coz if you did, you might have noticed that we are discussing the fact that THERE IS A LAW AGAINST INSTALLING THEM NOW!!!

machang, ask some traffic cops.... :)

• Like 1

I can fit them for you. PM me for details and pricing.

Hey Ardi.. I wouldn't install them just yet.. Give it some time n the cops will soon forget about it as they chase something else.. Same situ with bodykits, tint etc... If u really wanna fix it u can try Pet#o or advance.. I fixed my philips kit there..

I have a different opinion on this...

Installing an HID to a car that does not have a lens, makes the light scatter thus in most cases blinding the on-coming driver. This too can be reduced to a certain extent by adjusting the reflector and proper focusing.

Then there are cars that came from factory with the lens, but without HID... and these, even with the aftermarket HID don't scatter light.

Example, my 91' E34 has the lens on the low beam and I installed a Philips HID. My friends 99' E46 didn't come with a lens on the low beam.

Yes YRD.... I agree with you I'll wait for some time.I value Bugatti's comment It is true that HID is not suitable for ordinary reflectors. There should be lenses to focus as HID does not have filament like in the haogen bulb.

Pericles....Pardon me for deviating from the main topic

Thanks everybody for valuable comments.

I think you are giving the cops way too much credit for possessing functioning brains. We had a set of empty holder mounted on the roof of our cab, no bulbs in them, wires not connected to anything, and the fronts covered, but the moron still wanted us to remove it and come and show them.

Had similar incident few years back with a subwoofer looks like whats in the photo... We had to play it loud just to convince the guy.. :) Its was during war times,, so the copper might've thought its some sort of a Missile,,, :)

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e2633688aaa7269cc742d165682f40315d0ba9.jpg

Had similar incident few years back with a subwoofer looks like whats in the photo... We had to play it loud just to convince the guy.. :) Its was during war times,, so the copper might've thought its some sort of a Missile,,, :)

Wow... :smilie_liebe9: How much was it?

On the topic, I was too trying to grab an aftermarket HID, but now trying to fall back for some high efficient halogens. (Philips extreme power or Osram night breakers)