• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New Headlight Law Xenon / Hid Lights??

MkX

Hi all,

Yesterday night I was stopped by cops and asked to switch high-low beems several times and said intensity is too much and I have to change them.

They said new rule passeyed two days back and published via media/and informed them on intensitiy of new lights. What I noticed from them is that people who has installed Xenon kits or factory default Xenon lights are facing this another pathetic traffic law in Sri Lanka (like tinted glass).

Or may be they gonna check chinese made blue coloured halegon lights with high wottage which I had in my car and I was thinking of changing them any way due to bad quality of it.

Any update on this? :unsure:

heard from friends that cops will be on the lookout for folks who drive on high beam even on lit up areas like cities etc.

imho..i think this is a good thing cos as we all know some jackasses hook up these HID kits to their normal light housings and to show off their investment they love to drive on high beam.

whichever law comes, i doubt factory projector lighting systems will get effected.

those optics are designed so that they give good strong light without scattering them and blinding other people

heard from friends that cops will be on the lookout for folks who drive on high beam even on lit up areas like cities etc.

Thats what they announced on the news.

A colleague at office with factory HIDs who had got stopped was let go after demonstrating the HID works only on the high setting, apparently. But if some cop tells people to change their lights just by looking without without a real measuring device, just using their judgement, I'd say take it to courts and countersue these cops for wasting peoples times. As it was announced, its a welcome thing. If they try to make it a fiasco like the tinting thing, then no.

Thought the specific rule was only for headlight high beams

In Japan HID for high beam is not done. That is why most of JDM's are having low beam HID and high beam normal. Even my FD1 came with same configuration.I think it is reasanable for other road users.

Thought I'd use this thread instead of starting a new one.......check this one about renewing driving licences....

They say its not compulsory, so I'll hang onto mine :)

Some of the comments are hilarious :D

http://www.dailymirror.lk/index.php/news/7657-renew-your-licence.html

On the plus side, I can guarantee that the new license looks fantastic, after a friend got mine through one-day service several months back. This license has actually been around for a while. So far, his hasn't faded or anything. It looks even better than many foreign licenses I've seen. Thinking of getting the new one after the rush finishes, as my old one is pretty faded as well.

screw that. I'm not donating my organs. On my U.S one I put in donor and wrote the specific organ I want to donate on the back of it. My penis. No lie.

:lol: You the man !!!! he he he

screw that. I'm not donating my organs. On my U.S one I put in donor and wrote the specific organ I want to donate on the back of it. My penis. No lie.

You should also mention the place you want to donate it to.... The RMV...! It'll blend with all the other dicks there.. :lol:

Anybody want to form a Autolanka faded drivers licence card owners club and get it replaced together...hate doing these things alone,let me know if you guys are going.

count me in.. the second one I obtained is now almost white after using for one and a half years despite I laminated the damn thing the same day I got it.

• Like 1

Anybody want to form a Autolanka faded drivers licence card owners club and get it replaced together...hate doing these things alone,let me know if you guys are going.

shit i just went for it last week. but i can vouch that u'll make many friends on the spot while waiting in the queue for so many hours cursing :angry-smiley-048:

• Like 1

Ughh mine has faded too...

So we have to renew the new one once a year or so right??

Hell no! Imagine doing that :ninja: I hope they introduce a "renew online" facility. In any case, if I remember what was on my friend's card I think the renewal period is one every 6 years

elakiri...Harshan let me know the date ur goin and i'll tag along...anybody else?

elnino...yeah,i feared as much..heh heh :)

Yeah, I'll try too, depending on the date. Couple of cops have already complained about mine. But those guys are checking for drunks so they can't really be bothered with me, its not worth the hassle for them. Can't pull a bribe for the license situ :)

Hi all,

Yesterday night I was stopped by cops and asked to switch high-low beems several times and said intensity is too much and I have to change them.

They said new rule passeyed two days back and published via media/and informed them on intensitiy of new lights. What I noticed from them is that people who has installed Xenon kits or factory default Xenon lights are facing this another pathetic traffic law in Sri Lanka (like tinted glass).

Or may be they gonna check chinese made blue coloured halegon lights with high wottage which I had in my car and I was thinking of changing them any way due to bad quality of it.

Any update on this? :unsure:

hey all

some people say more than 6000k HID Xenon kit's are illegal to use it's this true ?

Hi All,

- What is the best place for HID Conversions..? Need to fix a genuine one, not the once which glare on other drivers.. :)

- My electrical guy said all most all HID kits cannot be focused properly, and the result is you get the light every where.. So it'll be worse than your normal lights where useable light is lesser than normal properly focused ones. And he also said that HID's are much worse in rainy days.. Any ideas abt this friends..??

Cheers..

K.