• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vote & Help To Choose The Best Alloy For My Car

Hola

its commonly referred to as a sunroof...

thts freakin hillaious! :P

LOL :alc: ROTFL

i kept thinking he was gonna do something eccentric n wind up with a TARGA Top or something

...but for a second i must confess i was thinking Ferrari GLASS ENGINE BAY cover....then onto a Honda bonnet... :)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can find it...

But tell me guys, my car is all white. Is it ok? I thought white cars needs silver or chrome alloys

hey mate go for option 2 it will look sexy. on a honda .(well its my view) but yo 1 n 2 is with 5 studs...so get a 4 stud set..well for a full white honda a set of white rims will look hot...or gun metalic... :alc:

hey mate go for option 2 it will look sexy. on a honda .(well its my view) but yo 1 n 2 is with 5 studs...so get a 4 stud set..well for a full white honda a set of white rims will look hot...or gun metalic... :alc:

Hey racersedge dont u think its a bit too late for your suggestion? Hola seems to have settled for some rims which JJ Wheels seem to be selling in abundance, after all this whole voting process was, as usual, a total waste of time courtesy Hola. Ive seen coutless number of cars/vans fitted with those rims already, and yet another one on this forum.

Anyhow I believe that a few good ideas were suggested by some of the more non-hola minded members, atleast thats what I gather after reading through. The suggestion to get ECU and swap in a manual box would be more likely the way to go. I have heard of a few garages who may be competant enough to do such things so I dont see why people still end up in the rice bag. Ive seen Prodrive ECU's in WRX's abroad, but never heard of one being in a Honda, I believe this was suggested by KLM so could u give me some insight into this? after all Hola seems to have a Honda....am I right.

And there is some truth in what Nexgen is saying, an auto can be modified to match that of a manual's performance, but it depends on what application that your suggesting the cars be tested, for eg: if it was for a drag then the manual gearbox will have an added advantage in the ability to launch. But most auto boxes nowadays are equipped with variable FD ratios allowing the vahicle to accelerate better at higher speeds, in most cases better than a manual. In my case I would vote in for a manual anyday, but that doesnt mean auto's are crap.

thts freakin hillaious! :P

LOL :alc: ROTFL

i kept thinking he was gonna do something eccentric n wind up with a TARGA Top or something

...but for a second i must confess i was thinking Ferrari GLASS ENGINE BAY cover....then onto a Honda bonnet... :)

I was thinking targa top or full glasshouse roof too.

OT, but machang, can u see over the steering of that ZX? That was u this evening, right?

I was thinking targa top or full glasshouse roof too.

OT, but machang, can u see over the steering of that ZX? That was u this evening, right?

LOL can see :) i'm not that short :alc:

yeah took the car out to drop mum@church cuz i couldnt take é Z out é whole week

i flashed late cuz i wasnt too sure if it was u...

hola s got the non-vtec engine.. i ve heard that there are some mods which ll effectively transition the engine to that of a vtec.. no idea though.. lolz...

@ hola - ya call that "slightly" :) n what do ya mean glass top conversion eh?

Zz

sorry sorry, sun roof..he he he :alc:

Hey racersedge dont u think its a bit too late for your suggestion? Hola seems to have settled for some rims which JJ Wheels seem to be selling in abundance, after all this whole voting process was, as usual, a total waste of time courtesy Hola. Ive seen coutless number of cars/vans fitted with those rims already, and yet another one on this forum.

Anyhow I believe that a few good ideas were suggested by some of the more non-hola minded members, atleast thats what I gather after reading through. The suggestion to get ECU and swap in a manual box would be more likely the way to go. I have heard of a few garages who may be competant enough to do such things so I dont see why people still end up in the rice bag. Ive seen Prodrive ECU's in WRX's abroad, but never heard of one being in a Honda, I believe this was suggested by KLM so could u give me some insight into this? after all Hola seems to have a Honda....am I right.

And there is some truth in what Nexgen is saying, an auto can be modified to match that of a manual's performance, but it depends on what application that your suggesting the cars be tested, for eg: if it was for a drag then the manual gearbox will have an added advantage in the ability to launch. But most auto boxes nowadays are equipped with variable FD ratios allowing the vahicle to accelerate better at higher speeds, in most cases better than a manual. In my case I would vote in for a manual anyday, but that doesnt mean auto's are crap.

we are mostly talking about drag application here. not many roads in SL where we can make use of accelartion at high speeds... anyway how much do you reckon it will take to make a non-cvt gear box perform good? (hola's z cvt i guess, anyway mine z non cvt) i'd be more than interested to know, coz i got an auto... for starters i can say that a manual conversion can cost summin in the range of 50k-75k(approximately)

oh bdw if u r refering to the row that Ravi used a prodrive ecu, then i can say (according to what i heard from orginal sources) that he did not run a prodrive that night, itz a Tuned-iChip that he ran that night...

Hi Katana, Not too far away from Negombo

Good post as the your debut post. Chill down, i got lot of advice from the members and this fitted my budget and for me this is fine.

OT-Where about in Katana are you? drop a line on [email protected]

we are mostly talking about drag application here. not many roads in SL where we can make use of accelartion at high speeds... anyway how much do you reckon it will take to make a non-cvt gear box perform good? (hola's z cvt i guess, anyway mine z non cvt) i'd be more than interested to know, coz i got an auto... for starters i can say that a manual conversion can cost summin in the range of 50k-75k(approximately)

oh bdw if u r refering to the row that Ravi used a prodrive ecu, then i can say (according to what i heard from orginal sources) that he did not run a prodrive that night, itz a Tuned-iChip that he ran that night...

Yes mine is CVT. I think City nevr came with CVT. The 2003 model has Triptronic (in recondtioned)

hey mate go for option 2 it will look sexy. on a honda .(well its my view) but yo 1 n 2 is with 5 studs...so get a 4 stud set..well for a full white honda a set of white rims will look hot...or gun metalic... :jumping-smiley-013:

Thanks Bro. I already got it. Thanks!

Sorry but you missed the bus there, I was simply referring to an earlier post by another member, thats about it. I dont think there is an ECU manufactured by Prodrive for Honda, not that I know of, if there is one then any insight on this will be usefull.

Sorry but you missed the bus there, I was simply referring to an earlier post by another member, thats about it. I dont think there is an ECU manufactured by Prodrive for Honda, not that I know of, if there is one then any insight on this will be usefull.

We always can use the current factory ECU and get the same results

Edited by Hola

From 2006 may i was collecing funds (poor hola). And now thanks to you guy's advice, Porkster's supervison i got my rims changed. Finaly that stupid roaring sound is vanished. Now the car sounds like the way it should sound. Comfortable and smooth!

Thank you guys! Thanks Porky!!

dsc01125tn2.jpgdsc01126at9.jpg

nice rims bro keep up the good work......... :jumping-smiley-013:

Nice wheels bro. I always notice your car down the Colombo Negambo Road.

:D

Did you notice when the stupid alloys were on or now? :jumping-smiley-013::lol:

Thanks! Im coming for you to get some work done soon!!! And Velo, the whole island is talking about your RX8 as its on the papers today!

nice rims bro keep up the good work......... :)

Hi bro! Nice chating to you. You keep up the good work too!

i also dont think there is an ECU manufactured by Prodrive for Honda.

Assuming that you have a Civic similar to Hola's....

Ok if u want to stay auto and gain better performance then the answer would simply be, to make your non-CVT box's performance better why not start by converting it to a CVT in the first place. Auto CVT boxes are easy to find and quite cheap, as cheap as 10k, and this way your cars originality does not suffer either. The multimatic CVT box that powers the Civic Ferio Vi/Vti will be the one to lookout for, trust me its an extremely fun experience to drive.

Also depends if your car is a VTEC or not, the VTEC technology alone in a Honda gives u about 25bhp additionally. And to my knowledge most of these JDM machines with VTEC engines having an auto tranny most definitely came with the CVT technology. So its not just the box that u can work on.

Ok so your interest in gaining better performance is as u mentioned for a drag application right....so where exactly does your car fair in the drags?

Hola One small Suggestion.

Remove the Mud Covers in your car. It will look nice. It makes a big difference.

Advice from a Guru!

Yes, i will do the next minute i go home. But Velo what about the mud then? Wont my car body get mud sparyed?

Looks very nice Hola...

Which paper?

Thanks bro!

Paper ads in Times...Looks grand!!

i saw it toooo ..... can i ask u somthing why r u going to sell that beauty ??? :D

:) want to buy a scooby doo....

Hola i know it makes your car dirty. but its just me i guess. I hate those mud covers. Infact most cars like BMW dont come with those,

have you noticed ?

Edited by Velocity

:D want to buy a scooby doo....

What is it with u boys and these AWDs? I realise the N/A might be tame after ur turbo experience, but man! RWD! Besides, this thing is almost a coupe! Way sexier than a 4 door econobox :) I woulda got it from u if I had anywhere near the resources.

Ah well, just make sure we get our respective rides first. B)

What is it with u boys and these AWDs? I realise the N/A might be tame after ur turbo experience, but man! RWD! Besides, this thing is almost a coupe! Way sexier than a 4 door econobox :D I woulda got it from u if I had anywhere near the resources.

Ah well, just make sure we get our respective rides first. :)

machan you know me right. I get bored with anything...

Fuzzo ! Fuzzo ! . If i win Mahajana sampatha that is ? a Normal Sti would do for me.

First I need to get this baby sold. So let us not jump the gun.