• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Diesel Suv For Duty Free Vehicle Permit

Venura1

• 8 months later...

No major secrets man... Just oil and filter changes at 5000Kms, Always use the right oils and parts.

Both vehicles are 90s Toyotas, Top pic is a 1995 Landcruiser KZJ77 with the 1 KZ-T 3.0L Turbodiesel. Never been overhauled though a coolant related issue at around 200K required some cylinderhead work. Full overhaul is about due now.

Second pic is a 1993 Hilux with the good old 3L coded 2.8L NA diesel. Overhauled once at 250,000KM.

Both of these are used daily....

Supra, i have a question for you now :)

what's the Oil and Filters used in those, specially 1KZ?

BMW X3, Just taled to prestige and its available for 9.6 mil for permit. (Diesel)

Weren't you looking for a 520i the other day? on another thread?

wjkalana, on 15 May 2012 - 03:52 AM, said:

Hey guys what do you think about the BMW 520d they offer now for the permit. I just ordered one and it has climate control, leatherette seats, 7 inch Display, 8 speed automatic, Rain sensor, Automatch headlights, Push button start and many more. It goes for $30,000. And First $25000 is under duty concession and the rest ($5000) full duty is applicable. And total came up to 9.6 mil. If you want a SUV they offer X3 for the same price and with same options. I think its a way batter deal than audi A4. So I went for the BMW 520d and I just ordered one on Friday.

Edited by VVTi

Hey guys what do you think about the BMW 520d they offer now for the permit. I just ordered one and it has climate control, leatherette seats, 7 inch Display, 8 speed automatic, Rain sensor, Automatch headlights, Push button start and many more. It goes for $30,000. And First $25000 is under duty concession and the rest ($5000) full duty is applicable. And total came up to 9.6 mil. If you want a SUV they offer X3 for the same price and with same options. I think its a way batter deal than audi A4. So I went for the BMW 520d and I just ordered one on Friday.

I did order 520d. But topic says best diesel SUV so 520d is not a SUV. X3 is the SUV. But my self prefers the 5 series. Reason is 5 series competes with Merc E class and BMW X5. X3 competes with 3 Sereis and merc C class. I thought 5 series is better value for the money.

What about the Montero Sport ? Do you have any idea on the new price ?

I called them also they said it 6.4mil. Currently I do use 2008 Montero sport. Its ride quality is so bad. First I thought SUVs are like that then I bought a 2011 Jeep Grand Charoke and ride quality of GCH is superb. So then I realized its not the problem of SUV its the problem of Mitsubishi platform it made out of. If you speed it above 100 -120 kmph rngine RPM goes in btw 3-4000 so I decided I would never buy it.

I called them also they said it 6.4mil. Currently I do use 2008 Montero sport. Its ride quality is so bad. First I thought SUVs are like that then I bought a 2011 Jeep Grand Charoke and ride quality of GCH is superb. So then I realized its not the problem of SUV its the problem of Mitsubishi platform it made out of. If you speed it above 100 -120 kmph rngine RPM goes in btw 3-4000 so I decided I would never buy it.

Thanks...

Actually the previous Grand Cherokee is equally bad as the Montero Sport, probably worse given the very hard leather seats. But maybe the new 2011 one has been improved a lot, it also looks much nicer.

Btw are you attached to Lankem ?

How much did u buy the permit for? and did you order the BMW 520d for personal use or to sell it?

thanks

How much did u buy the permit for? and did you order the BMW 520d for personal use or to sell it?

thanks

One of my friend gave the permit for me free. Since I m living in USA car will be used by my mother cos I m giving that to my mum as a gift. But I do sell my old Montero Sport. 2011 Grand charoke I talked about is one of the car I drive here.

Thanks...

Actually the previous Grand Cherokee is equally bad as the Montero Sport, probably worse given the very hard leather seats. But maybe the new 2011 one has been improved a lot, it also looks much nicer.

Nope I do not attached to Lankem as I m living abroad. Car is for my mum as a gift and she can use it. And 2011 GCH is amazing, but 2010 GCH is a crap. I bought it since I needed a SUV for moving stuff. But I was so hesitant about it before I bought it as I had a bad experience with the only SUV I purchased, (Which is Montero Sport in Sri Lanka). But I had no doubt about 520d as I have 528i here and its the best car I ever had.

Thanks...

Pardon me? Which Grand Cherokee might that be? Because we happen to have a 2007, and it is VERY comfortable, especially long distance. Those "Hard" leather seats you speak of, when you cover 400-500 Km in one day over a mix of tarmac and gravel then you'll understand what "Supportive" means. Its not perfect, certainly not as comfy as, say a disco 4 (which has a much more superior chassis) but it is leagues ahead of the montero sport, which is basically an L200 with coils at the back to carry that fat arse...

• Like 1

Pardon me? Which Grand Cherokee might that be? Because we happen to have a 2007, and it is VERY comfortable, especially long distance. Those "Hard" leather seats you speak of, when you cover 400-500 Km in one day over a mix of tarmac and gravel then you'll understand what "Supportive" means. Its not perfect, certainly not as comfy as, say a disco 4 (which has a much more superior chassis) but it is leagues ahead of the montero sport, which is basically an L200 with coils at the back to carry that fat arse...

I agree. I owned a 2000 Jeep GC and compared to my father-in-laws montero sport it was miles ahead in comfort. The montero has terrible road noise and th seats feel as if they were designed for a midget or atleast a really short Japanese guy. Also the suspension of the montero made you feel as though you were jumping on a trampoline. No idea how the newer ones are.

Thanks...

All this big talk from someone who thinks it's alright to drive around in a car that should have been condemmed.

Edited by jdnet

Yes, that's the one the V8. traveled to Galle and back with 3 guys at the back ( not the E01) , and trust me its definitely not what you would call comfortable. The rear suspension really takes a toll on your back. But when you are driving I guess you don't feel it.

Actually that vehicle was sold a couple of months back.

All this big talk from someone who thinks it's alright to drive around in a car that should have been condemmed.

Ah... the " Hater" , always has something hateful to say.... tsk... tsk...

Sad to see how people with inferiority complex trying to talk others down.....

Yes, that's the one the V8. traveled to Galle and back with 3 guys at the back ( not the E01) , and trust me its definitely not what you would call comfortable. The rear suspension really takes a toll on your back. But when you are driving I guess you don't feel it.

Actually that vehicle was sold a couple of months back.

Wow... sounds like a party... :) Were you guys playing Air Supply too in the ICE?

I would sure be uncomfortable too if I had 3 guys in the back on the back seat... Kudos to you mate... you seem to have 'taken' it well... :)

Ah... the " Hater" , always has something hateful to say.... tsk... tsk...

Sad to see how people with inferiority complex trying to talk others down.....

Yes Yes. You have big penis ok? Now you can feel good about yourself.