• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Diesel Suv For Duty Free Vehicle Permit

Venura1

Guys thank you all for reply. I'm a professional in the health sector. I just contacted the Hyundai lanka but they aren't decided the value yet. They told me I can go for a package with all the features.

thanks

correct me if i'm wrong well if u'r going for a highest grade one u can import 25k usd the final price will be about 6-7 mill

cif- 2.8mill + 70% tax othor small taxes clearing agents fee

Last time the taxes were metioned as 45% yet they took mor than the cif as taxes now it's 70% i don't think the permits will be of much vale afterall

yet from what is to select the santafe is definetely the best. better than japanese softroaders an for use i would prefer one than a prado

Edited by toyota sucks

I don't dispute that. But how do you know that the Korean ones have a lower engine life?

Yep there's no proof that koreans don't last long just a saying but there is a fact that small korean cars eg- picanto, santro, ware out pretty easyly.

Even jap direct injection have shorter life than indirect injection but more power.

By the way we are't using these for centuries are we

I Think Korea will overtake japan like it overtook Europe

Edited by toyota sucks

Yep there's no proof that koreans don't last long just a saying but there is a fact that small korean cars eg- picanto, santro, ware out pretty easyly.

in what sense has japan overtaken europe?

quality? can you even compare jap brands with mercedes, bmw, volkswagen, etc.

numbers? yes, japan makes more cars than any single european country, but "europe" makes about twice as many cars as Japan.

Even jap direct injection have shorter life than indirect injection but more power.

By the way we are't using these for centuries are we

Surely you don't consider the new Picanto in the same league as new Korean SUVs...and I bet there are just as many L200 engines that kicked the bucket before 100k km as well...I don't think there are many New Korean SUV's on the road that have remotely reached 200k km, not because they can't but because they haven't been around long enough. Under average SL running mileage I assume it would take at least 10 years or more of high mileage running to reach that amount.

Edited by SeanD

in what sense has japan overtaken europe?

quality? can you even compare jap brands with mercedes, bmw, volkswagen, etc.

numbers? yes, japan makes more cars than any single european country, but "europe" makes about twice as many cars as Japan.

Europe is not a country Sifaan. Yeah I jusrt called you out brah. What you gonna dooooo?

:heat:

Just messing with you dude. lol.

I humbly disagree. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automotive_industry#By_manufacturer

As you can see Europe's VW alone makes more cars than Hyundai and Kia both combined.And qualitywise its the same story.Korea is starting to make some good cars now but they're not up to euro(or even japanese) standards yet.

Edited by MasterDon

Surely you don't consider the new Picanto in the same league as new Korean SUVs...and I bet there are just as many L200 engines that kicked the bucket before 100k km as well...I don't think there are many New Korean SUV's on the road that have remotely reached 200k km, not because they can't but because they haven't been around long enough. Under average SL running mileage I assume it would take at least 10 years or more of high mileage running to reach that amount.

if L200 pass out at 100k how can there be so much old ones on the road

by the way people consider it a v.good vehicle to do miles

By the way i driven 2 santafes a 50k other 12k the 50k had slightly low performance i think it could be because of the milage or it could be because the 50k one was auto and the 12k one manual

Edited by toyota sucks

if L200 pass out at 100k how can there be so much old ones on the road

by the way people consider it a v.good vehicle to do miles

By the way i driven 2 santafes a 50k other 12k the 50k had slightly low performance i think it could be because of the milage or it could be because the 50k one was auto and the 12k one manual

You're clearly incapable of understanding simple english so I won't comment anymore. Please go back and read what I've written - at no point have I suggested it is a rule that L200's die after 100k km. I simply said there must be plenty that have done so, probably many more than the ones that are running at 200k.

From what I've heard that the old Montero sport offer a rough ride like a double cab. The Unimo site says the new Montero Sport is a 7 seater. Does this mean that its no longer lending the chassis from the doublecab? If the Montero Sport is actually a 7 seater then where does it come in the lineup? Can we compare it with 5 seater crossovers?

And do you think it is worth considering a BN Mahendra Scorpio for this permit? The new one has acceptable looks. But I've never driven one. And from what I've heard it does well on fuel economy, though the seats seem to be not that comfortable. Do you suggest it to be a more practical for a weekend offroader which can serve as a daily ride as well?

I just miss the good old Pajeros, Land Cruisers and Bighorns. Why don't they build tough off-roaders which can also offer great performance on road and be used as daily rides by the weekend off-roader anymore? All these new SUVs are too sweet for rough terrain. :(

OT but this whole "dieing after 100k" story made me grin a bit. Below are the odometers of the two vehicles I use most regularly, taken recently as they both hit amusing mileage figures within a couple weeks of each other

image189d.jpg

image324f.jpg

Say what you like about toyotas, but the vehicles they built in the late80's/early 90's were sure built brilliantly!

Both vehicles have been in the family from brand new so the mileages are verified.

Edited by Supra_Natural
  • Like 1

If we're comparing mileage records, check out the venerable london cab (and these are miles, not km)

"London taxis typically cover between 20,000 and 30,000 miles a year -- with annual mileages of 100,000 clocked up by some cabbies in far-flung parts of Scotland.

The average life span of a vehicle is 12-13 years with many taxis, often driven across shifts by different drivers, covering more than a million miles during their time on the road."

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/BUSINESS/09/20/London.cab.china.ft/index.html

However, now even they're going to be made in China :huh:

From what I've heard that the old Montero sport offer a rough ride like a double cab. The Unimo site says the new Montero Sport is a 7 seater. Does this mean that its no longer lending the chassis from the doublecab? If the Montero Sport is actually a 7 seater then where does it come in the lineup? Can we compare it with 5 seater crossovers?

And do you think it is worth considering a BN Mahendra Scorpio for this permit? The new one has acceptable looks. But I've never driven one. And from what I've heard it does well on fuel economy, though the seats seem to be not that comfortable. Do you suggest it to be a more practical for a weekend offroader which can serve as a daily ride as well?

I just miss the good old Pajeros, Land Cruisers and Bighorns. Why don't they build tough off-roaders which can also offer great performance on road and be used as daily rides by the weekend off-roader anymore? All these new SUVs are too sweet for rough terrain. :(

Yep we sure miss those old suvs

now a days prados seem like toys It's hard to separate the new prado from the rush/terioes at a distance. The new suvs have had a dose of oestrogen :jumping-smiley-013:

The old mms has some of the good old boxy shape of suvs as it is a model from the 90s I like it cause its like buying a brand new 65- prado good off roader and not bad on the road.

The new one is useless and is made in thiland along with the new L200 (after 2008 according to wikipiedia) yet the previous (cause yom 2007) permit ones were made in japan

so I think some times the new mitsubishi toyta nissan cabs and fortuner mms would be worse than korean rivals

really, venura1?? i mean, really?? do they even let you drive one of those trucks at U*i*ed?? its not that different from a canter!! the ride will crush your spine, and the noise... good lord...

kia is quite decent. as is the scooby forester. dunno how that works out for the permit tho. isn't that a 2.5l flat 6 petrol? never heard of a diesel scooby to start with

really, venura1?? i mean, really?? do they even let you drive one of those trucks at U*i*ed?? its not that different from a canter!! the ride will crush your spine, and the noise... good lord...

kia is quite decent. as is the scooby forester. dunno how that works out for the permit tho. isn't that a 2.5l flat 6 petrol? never heard of a diesel scooby to start with

I've been in the santafe and montero sport (2008-old) the mms was more comfortable to me,

By the way i know a venura who has a mms this could be that guy,

but i suspect u are having a korean suv,

If it's a santafe welcome to the club

Thats the higest millage i've seen in a vehicle to date Supra_Natural

Can u tell me the way u maintained this did u go for an overhaule

or do u have any super_natural powers of maintaining vehices, or u've gone to the guys who reduce the reading and asked to increase it

No major secrets man... Just oil and filter changes at 5000Kms, Always use the right oils and parts.

Both vehicles are 90s Toyotas, Top pic is a 1995 Landcruiser KZJ77 with the 1 KZ-T 3.0L Turbodiesel. Never been overhauled though a coolant related issue at around 200K required some cylinderhead work. Full overhaul is about due now.

Second pic is a 1993 Hilux with the good old 3L coded 2.8L NA diesel. Overhauled once at 250,000KM.

Both of these are used daily....

I've been in the santafe and montero sport (2008-old) the mms was more comfortable to me,

By the way i know a venura who has a mms this could be that guy,

but i suspect u are having a korean suv,

If it's a santafe welcome to the club

nah, i don't. the only korean car we have in the family is a hyundai sonata. and what a comfortable car that is!

au contraire, we have a couple of JDM mitsu pajero's. 2001 GDI's. petrol. and those are brilliant in every possible way. comfy as ever, and perfect for the family outing, and holds its ground off road... independent rear suspension really does make a difference.

Since we are on the topic, here is the circular issued for the said permits. Permit

Unlike the provincial council and parliamentary permits these can be transferred in 3 years. But the benefits or reductions are not the greatest. Best value is when buying a <1000cc car which get half of the import duties waved.