• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Is The Best Economical Car??

dhejasvini

I think you can go for mazda 323, fb 14, ek3 exi, toyota starlet, and most of the will give average fuel economy around 9 - 12 Kmpl depending on your driving style and daily traffic you have. And most most of them will have good resale value after 3 years. However if you go for any indian or korean brand I doubt, you will not have much resale value after another 3 years, specially considering these cars already 15 - 20 years old by that time.

A Perodua Viva is probably a very sensible option in this price range... You COULD maybe consider the new Micro Trend as well. Though I feel the Viva might be the better long term bet overall.

Else get yourself a 323, probably the best overall value for money in the price range mentioned.

A Perodua Viva is probably a very sensible option in this price range... You COULD maybe consider the new Micro Trend as well. Though I feel the Viva might be the better long term bet overall.

Else get yourself a 323, probably the best overall value for money in the price range mentioned.

agreeeeee :alc:

agreed! familia hatch would be a much better option.

Please refer the following link to understand & learn How the fuel economy varies from

6 to 15 (Km/L) for a same Model.

http://www.complaint...0.html#comments

The Corolla 141 we have here brand new and the Corolla Axio 141 we get second hand from Japan aren't exactly the same thing. Atleast on permit vehicles as not many others have bought brand new vehicles, I've never heard them doing more than 8km/l normally in real life. Most Axio owners claim a lot, but people I know closely say around 12km/l is the average.

And on a general note, have noticed that Nissan petrols aren't that good on fuel, supposedly slightly better when with VVL

hey dhejasvini

If you are looking for japanese vehicles, the top economical car is the Suzuki Kei. It sure goes 15 Km/L in city limits and over 20Km/L in outskirts with a turbo engine. Its the superb economical Japanese car and have benefits of a mini SUV due to its hieght above sedan cars as well. Spare parts match most of Suzuki swifts and available at any Suzuki part store and you will need parts mostly when it reach 100,000Km or at 150000Km (i mean the timing belt, break pads etc. no big repairs same as any normal japanese car) With a turbo engine, you can easily overtake any petrol vehicle with 1.5cc or less engine.. But i dont think they suite your budget.

• Like 1

With a turbo engine, you can easily overtake any petrol vehicle with 1.5cc or less engine.. But i dont think they suite your budget.

Lolzzzz.. Common mate, I understand about this thing doing good on fuel, But easily overtake a 1.5 liter?? :lol: "Turbo" doesnt always mean thumping power or torque. A Corolla with the 1.5 liter 1NZ-FE has got about 90 bhp/ton, the tiny 658cc is just about 83 bhp/ton in paper. It must be ok on Colombo traffic, but a different story if one needs to travel a bit and carry passengers and all. :D

Edited by MrCat

The Corolla 141 we have here brand new and the Corolla Axio 141 we get second hand from Japan aren't exactly the same thing. Atleast on permit vehicles as not many others have bought brand new vehicles, I've never heard them doing more than 8km/l normally in real life. Most Axio owners claim a lot, but people I know closely say around 12km/l is the average.

And on a general note, have noticed that Nissan petrols aren't that good on fuel, supposedly slightly better when with VVL

you mean to say brand new axio will do 8km/l?

you mean to say brand new axio will do 8km/l?

No, there's no brand new Axio here. I said 12km/l for that car, which comes second hand as it's JDM only. The brand new car we have here is just Corolla 141, and that does around 8km/l, yes. The difference may arise due to CVT of an Axio, which isn't there in the B/N car and the different engine designed for US

No, there's no brand new Axio here. I said 12km/l for that car, which comes second hand as it's JDM only. The brand new car we have here is just Corolla 141, and that does around 8km/l, yes. The difference may arise due to CVT of an Axio, which isn't there in the B/N car and the different engine designed for US

Adding to this;

"However seems like Toyota has silently updated the 141 for the asian market, by replacing the older engine with the D-VVTi engine. Sadly the 1.6 liter still gets the normal auto gearbox, as the CVT is only coupled with the 1.8liter unlike the Axio where the 1.5liter engine is coupled with the CVT gearbox. However the extra power and more fuel efficient dual VVTi implementation should make the local 141 better though still not as great as the Axio."

hey dhejasvini

If you are looking for japanese vehicles, the top economical car is the Suzuki Kei. It sure goes 15 Km/L in city limits and over 20Km/L in outskirts with a turbo engine. Its the superb economical Japanese car and have benefits of a mini SUV due to its hieght above sedan cars as well. Spare parts match most of Suzuki swifts and available at any Suzuki part store and you will need parts mostly when it reach 100,000Km or at 150000Km (i mean the timing belt, break pads etc. no big repairs same as any normal japanese car) With a turbo engine, you can easily overtake any petrol vehicle with 1.5cc or less engine.. But i dont think they suite your budget.

Dude seriously???!!! :lol:

but i heard some saying that their 141 is doing around 11km/l.

some say after using 141 for about 1 year and so the'll be good on fuel?is that true?

1->but i heard some saying that their 141 is doing around 11km/l.

2->some say after using 141 for about 1 year and so the'll be good on fuel?is that true?

1-> Possible. Econ. heavily defends of road condition, driving habits, driving time, drivers skill+care, vehicle condition so on so forth

So it'a really a range from say 6 to 12

Any possible value for particular owner.

2-> I got to know from the owners who were disappointed that "This is a lie spread by the agents to tolerate hugh complaints. and since there were helpless"

[Plz do realize this is what I heard]

1-> Possible. Econ. heavily defends of road condition, driving habits, driving time, drivers skill+care, vehicle condition so on so forth

So it'a really a range from say 6 to 12

Any possible value for particular owner.

2-> I got to know from the owners who were disappointed that "This is a lie spread by the agents to tolerate hugh complaints. and since there were helpless"

[Plz do realize this is what I heard]

you mean to say that 141 wont do any thing more than 8-9km/l isnt it?

agree.

thats the story i heard too... :alc: