• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Is The Best Economical Car??

dhejasvini

you mean to say that 141 wont do any thing more than 8-9km/l isnt it?

agree.

thats the story i heard too... :alc:

Yes :)

It is Toyota Corolla ALTIS.smile.gif

:) They're all very similar right? The US Corolla, Corolla Altis and the Euro version? Only difference seems to be with the Axio

141 doesn't have CVT. AFAIK.

CVT is for Axio.

Might be a good reason for fuel economy difference.

I own a Toyota Axio and it does over 16km/l on average.. Including city + outstation. I'm still experimenting the actual fuel consumption with various driving styles. I think if anyone can be very light on the accelerator and be sensible when driving they could even achieve over that average and perhaps reach say about 17-18km/l as advertised by Toyota Japan...

As I think air pressure of tires and wheel alignment are crucial factors... ( I keep tire pressure at 31psi wheel size is 14 inch. That may also have an affect on achieving the said fuel efficiency.. Service the car regularly using Toyota genuine oil although I'm not so sure about advantage using that specific oil)

I can challenge anyone who claim that Axio's doesn't do over 12 km/l. Either they don't own an Axio or have an faulty car...

But I accept one thing that Corolla Altis aren't efficient as Corolla Axio. Few ppl I know have Altis and that claim is true.

""Uditha88"" has mentioned that 141 doesn't have CVT. I don't know what he has meant by 141. That could be either Altis or Axio... Uditha88 pls do some research before stating some facts. Actually 141 both Altis and Axio does come with CVTi gearboxes except few models like 4WD etc..

1-> I'm still experimenting the actual fuel consumption with various driving styles. I think if anyone can be very light on the accelerator and be sensible when driving they could even achieve over that average and perhaps reach say about 17-18km/l as advertised by Toyota Japan...

As I think air pressure of tires and wheel alignment are crucial factors...

2-> ""Uditha88"" has mentioned that 141 doesn't have CVT. I don't know what he has meant by 141. That could be either Altis or Axio... Uditha88 pls do some research before stating some facts. Actually 141 both Altis and Axio does come with CVTi gearboxes except few models like 4WD etc..

1-> 200% True

2-> U might notice "AFAIK" I mentioned. Which means the fact might 100% True that it doesn't have CVT. I used 141 for

so said "Altis". Because people here comfortable with that. They used to Tell Axio & 141 for distinguish two models.

Edited by Uditha88

1-> 200% True

2-> U might notice "AFAIK" I mentioned. Which means the fact might 100% True that it doesn't have CVT. I used 141 for

so said "Altis". Because people here comfortable with that. They used to Tell Axio & 141 for distinguish two models.

Thanks Uditha88. I'm glad at least one person in AutoLanka respect the truth. I can't understand why so many people in this forum do hate Toyota brand in general and insult people who claim a high fuel efficiency, etc on their experiences with Toyota's, perhaps which is far grater than their own cars do. As I think it's each individual's choice when buying a vehicle. Some may consider fuel efficiency, some may prioritize sportiness of a vehicle, etc. So it's their preferences. We should be able to tolerate others ideas especially in a public forum like this.

Honestly I'm also not a loyal lifetime Toyota customer. Yes there are some arguable aspects in Toyota's like their conventional designs and, etc. But when come to fuel efficiency and reliability Toyota takes the leading role as of my experiences.

Thanks Uditha88. I'm glad at least one person in AutoLanka respect the truth. I can't understand why so many people in this forum do hate Toyota brand in general and insult people who claim a high fuel efficiency, etc on their experiences with Toyota's, perhaps which is far grater than their own cars do. As I think it's each individual's choice when buying a vehicle. Some may consider fuel efficiency, some may prioritize sportiness of a vehicle, etc. So it's their preferences. We should be able to tolerate others ideas especially in a public forum like this.

Honestly I'm also not a loyal lifetime Toyota customer. Yes there are some arguable aspects in Toyota's like their conventional designs and, etc. But when come to fuel efficiency and reliability Toyota takes the leading role as of my experiences.

Treading on dangerous ground there buddy... You appear to be saying that the majority of AL users dont respect the truth. What gives you the right to make that accusation?

Nobody on the forum hates the toyota brand (well apart from that idiot "toyota sucks"), we respect it for building economical and reliable transportation appliances. Its just that there are quite a few people here who want a bit more than mere A to B transportation out of a car and in that respect things like Allions and Axios really fail to deliver.

We should be able to tolerate others ideas especially in a public forum like this.

You say this and yet you go on to whine that other people have opinions that contradict your own. Just like you consider your opinion to be the right one, plenty of others consider theirs to be the right one as well.

As for the fuel economy claims... lets just say that the regulars here have used a wide cross section of cars in different circumstances and are therefore experienced enough between them to be able to say with some assurance when some joker is making absurd economy claims. And lets face it mate, 17-18 Kmp/l from a 1.5 liter automatic saloon car in normal (i.e. everyday) driving conditions is pretty darn absurd!

Edited by Supra_Natural

Thanks Uditha88. I'm glad at least one person in AutoLanka respect the truth. I can't understand why so many people in this forum do hate Toyota brand in general and insult people who claim a high fuel efficiency, etc on their experiences with Toyota's, perhaps which is far grater than their own cars do.

I have nothing against Toyotas or fuel consumption maniacs, but being so bloody anal about fuel economy is like having kids and then trying to figure out ways to make them eat less so it's easy on your wallet.

I'm sorry, what would you like us to do with a chap who claims 22kmpl from an Allion? Put him on a pedestal? Give him an award? Worship him? Have you tried driving from Fort to Wellawatte at 5pm or the other way in the morning?

The Axio may be able to do 17. I've experienced it on the 1.8 Luxel going to Tissa, and thats without thinking about fuel all the way, just normal driving. But if you can drive a month in the most congested areas in Colombo and still think your tin can is gonna get you your 16, you should write to Toyota Japan and get your story on their marketing brochures, it'll probably make you very rich. :rolleyes: Try your 12kmpl challenge on the the chap that has to drive for an hour to go 10kms, following all the road rules, carrying 4 people in the car with AC and has to park in a place that requires three back and forth moves to get the car parked.

Not saying your lying about getting 16, but I highly doubt your doing much rush hour city running. Unless your idea of "city" running is to drive after 10pm and before 6am. Or your city is Kurunegala.

As much as you can claim high efficiency, there will be people who don't with no fault of their own either.

Also you'll forgive me for being skeptical of a newbie with no track record who chooses a login name that sounds suspiciously like a car sale. No offense.

I own a Toyota Axio and it does over 16km/l on average.. Including city + outstation. I'm still experimenting the actual fuel consumption with various driving styles. I think if anyone can be very light on the accelerator and be sensible when driving they could even achieve over that average and perhaps reach say about 17-18km/l as advertised by Toyota Japan...

As I think air pressure of tires and wheel alignment are crucial factors... ( I keep tire pressure at 31psi wheel size is 14 inch. That may also have an affect on achieving the said fuel efficiency.. Service the car regularly using Toyota genuine oil although I'm not so sure about advantage using that specific oil)

I can challenge anyone who claim that Axio's doesn't do over 12 km/l. Either they don't own an Axio or have an faulty car...

But I accept one thing that Corolla Altis aren't efficient as Corolla Axio. Few ppl I know have Altis and that claim is true.

""Uditha88"" has mentioned that 141 doesn't have CVT. I don't know what he has meant by 141. That could be either Altis or Axio... Uditha88 pls do some research before stating some facts. Actually 141 both Altis and Axio does come with CVTi gearboxes except few models like 4WD etc..

you' ve got a wonderful car in your hands buddy!! you are so lucky :P can you elaborate a bit more on what do you mean by a city? or city driving? like peri said a city like kurunegala or anuradapura??

The regular seniors have a good understanding about cars.Most of the Pro members own three or more cars(on average) at any given time and have a very good understanding and an illustrious car ownership history.So excuse us if we take their advice and don't take a noob who just bought a generic econobox talking out of his ass seriously.

As Supra said,Toyota is a great manufacturer and we have respect for their brand and cars.What we can't tolerate is the asshats who seem to be owning most of them and misleading others on this forum with outrageous claims.

Edited by MasterDon

The regular seniors have a good understanding about cars.Most of the Pro members own three or more cars(on average) at any given time and have a very good understanding and an illustrious car ownership history.So excuse us if we take their advice and don't take a noob who just bought a generic econobox talking out of his ass seriously.

As Supra said,Toyota is a great manufacturer and we have respect for their brand and cars.What we can't tolerate is the asshats who seem to be owning most of them and misleading others on this forum with outrageous claims.

:alc: Nicely put MD... drinks on me!

I'm sorry, what would you like us to do with a chap who claims 22kmpl from an Allion? Put him on a pedestal? Give him an award? Worship him? Have you tried driving from Fort to Wellawatte at 5pm or the other way in the morning?

The Axio may be able to do 17. I've experienced it on the 1.8 Luxel going to Tissa, and thats without thinking about fuel all the way, just normal driving. But if you can drive a month in the most congested areas in Colombo and still think your tin can is gonna get you your 16, you should write to Toyota Japan and get your story on their marketing brochures, it'll probably make you very rich. :rolleyes: Try your 12kmpl challenge on the the chap that has to drive for an hour to go 10kms, following all the road rules, carrying 4 people in the car with AC and has to park in a place that requires three back and forth moves to get the car parked.

Not saying your lying about getting 16, but I highly doubt your doing much rush hour city running. Unless your idea of "city" running is to drive after 10pm and before 6am. Or your city is Kurunegala.

As much as you can claim high efficiency, there will be people who don't with no fault of their own either.

Also you'll forgive me for being skeptical of a newbie with no track record who chooses a login name that sounds suspiciously like a car sale. No offense.

agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :alc::)

"I own a Toyota Axio and it does over 16km/l on average.. Including city + outstation"

this city + outstation doesnt give any clear idea...

what is the meaning of that...

when comparing with others its better to use city only..NOT CITY + OUTSTATION....

if you do 10 km in city and 100 km in outstation whats the sense?be precise :alc:?

I DONT THINK axio will do 16km/l in Colombo traffic except you turn off the A/C..

agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :alc::)

"I own a Toyota Axio and it does over 16km/l on average.. Including city + outstation"

this city + outstation doesnt give any clear idea...

what is the meaning of that...

when comparing with others its better to use city only..NOT CITY + OUTSTATION....

if you do 10 km in city and 100 km in outstation whats the sense?be precise :alc:?

I DONT THINK axio will do 16km/l in Colombo traffic except you turn off the A/C..

City + outstation just mean that I daily travel passing city areas as well as outstation, areas that do not have much traffic. If I more elaborate on this so called city area does include Colombo and other cities like Kiribathgoda, Kadawatha, Yakkala, etc. And less traffic area include distance in between those towns. So I hope you got that cleared.

Anyway I accept that people who may drive only within the city limits in Colombo especially in high traffic times may not experience high fuel efficiency... All have confused what I have mentioned here. I only tried to share my experiences on my car and its fuel consumption especially because this thread is about "What is the Best Economical Car??" Now I'm really wondering whether I'm in a correct thread??? :huh:

Oh poor "Big_D" he's trying to compare having children and using a car.. What a MANIAC he is :violent-smiley-099: ...

To all others who have misunderstood me and criticized, I just have to say is, I only tried to share my experiences. And I know Axio is nothing especial but a good economical car, which I basically bought to travel from A to B. It provides me what I'm expected from it. What else should I expect from a car??? :blink: And it worth what I spend for :rolleyes: .... And I think it's good to note that I do agree with most people in this forum who criticize ppl who buy Allions/Premio paying over 5 or 6 million thinking they INVESTED :lol: in the Best car in the world. :action-smiley-060: They just fill the Bank A/Cs of Car Sales. Yes those cars are good but the prevailing market price is much over inflated.. :angry:

lols>>>> it should be right, Axio is far :D better than 1000cc vitz in many aspects :lol: And also there are so many cars that are better than both Axio and Vitz. ;)

lets be precise :jumping-smiley-013:

its about the consumption k?

you still say that axio is better than vitz 1000cc when it comes to consumption?

City + outstation just mean that I daily travel passing city areas as well as outstation, areas that do not have much traffic. If I more elaborate on this so called city area does include Colombo and other cities like Kiribathgoda, Kadawatha, Yakkala, etc. And less traffic area include distance in between those towns. So I hope you got that cleared.

yha the thread is best economical car.

how to compare the axio with others when you say city + outstation?????????????????????

vios = 11-12km/l

allion = 10-11km/l

n16 = 8-10km/l

these are the figures in city..not city + outstation mate.

what i told is i cant believe 16-18km/l.any way i dont have an axio so cant argue more on this.

but there are so many in A/L who owns axios...

its up to them to tell now..

any one doing 16-18 km/l?