• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New Ford Motor Showroom

SeanD

Anyone checked out the new Ford Motor showroom next to Unit#d Mot#rs at lipton circus? Though it seems to be run by a different company, can't imagine United would be very happy about that :D

Anyway nice to see they have some real Ford cars and pickups in the showroom, as it's one of my favourite brands. No idea on the pricing. Hope they don't start bringing in F150 250 350s though, too impractical for our roads I think.

Ford, anyone?

i was actualy hoping to see a few F-250`s and F-350`s ... ppl who brought down exotics and hummers didnt think about practicaiity so i doubt anyone who can afford to get a F250 would. just saying. I did see the ranger as available. It might be a good option with the special introductory price and all compared to other options we get here.

F series trucks are nice monsters indeed. Doubt the large 4WD lovers in SL will buy them. They are mostly show cars that category isn't it? I'm sure Most of the Monteros, Prados and the lot must not have even seen a mud hole/bush track their whole life. :D

I would have thought the Fiesta Diesel is having some potential in the SL market. Haven’t used one personally but published fuel economy figures on that thing is quite good. And the drive isn’t a letdown I’ve heard. Are they planning to launch the Fiesta and Focus anyway?

Price may be an issue with the taxes though. Hope there`ll be some prospect on reducing taxes for small diesels, so people looking for value in a car will have more choice rather than just going for a hybrid. :)

Ford, anyone?

Finally...some place to get new spares etc :) :) :)

I hope these new chaps would do a far better job than previous agents! :D

now that's a nice exotic to bring down if you have the bucks

Finally...some place to get new spares etc :) :) :)

I hope these new chaps would do a far better job than previous agents! :D

now that's a nice exotic to bring down if you have the bucks

Ohh the Raptor... That truck just gives me goosebumps man!!.. Unfortunately its pretty costly, and even 2 year old examples are holding their value well because demand is high..

Oh well... what to do.

Fiesta is at 3.3 M + VAT, not bad IMHO.

Wonder how their after sales is gonna be 'cos I've had variable experiences with S*ft L*g^c when it comes to Dell/Nokia ;)

wouldnt exactly be a hit here with those prices, there are cheaper hatches available.but then again if the taxes on low emission diesels drop would definitely change the mind frame of most vits/demio buyers :alc:

wouldnt exactly be a hit here with those prices, there are cheaper hatches available.but then again if the taxes on low emission diesels drop would definitely change the mind frame of most vits/demio buyers :alc:

Afaik, it's not the Fiesta hatch they are marketing here ... unlike in india

459175.1-lg.jpg

Anyone checked out the new Ford Motor showroom next to Unit#d Mot#rs at lipton circus? Though it seems to be run by a different company, can't imagine United would be very happy about that :D

Anyway nice to see they have some real Ford cars and pickups in the showroom, as it's one of my favourite brands. No idea on the pricing. Hope they don't start bringing in F150 250 350s though, too impractical for our roads I think.

Ford, anyone?

The premises is owned by Readywear Industries.

After they bought a stake in Unit#d Mot#rs around 10yrs ago they shifted the UM Main Showroom to this building at Lipton/De Soyza Circus.

Now it seems Readywear Industries has got a stake in Softlogic. unsure.gif (For me the car in the Ford showroom looked like an Asian-market FORD FOCUS.)

Because of the Ford Showroom I had a difficulty in finding the entrance of the Mitsubishi Showroom to ask details about their New Generation Delica ( D:5)

Edited by samishka

AFAIK Asian market

Ford Ranger Pickup - Made in Thailand

Ford Fiesta - Made in India

Ford Focus - Made in Philippines

Fiesta is made in Indonesia. So is the Focus if I remember right.

The showroom is rented from Readywear since Ford Motor Corporation wanted a place within 5kms of Colombo.

Yes the vehicles bought down are made for the Asian market and not from Europe or the US.

The big trucks are not offered for our market.

Let me correct you guys as an insider.

Fiesta is from Thailand, Focus is from Europe

Also the Everest and Ranger comes from Thailand with up to a 3.0lt, commonrail, VGT turbo intercoooled engine. All these are global models and not only for asian markets.

Explorer / Kuga may see our shores soon from Europe.

Also the Figo 1.6 is in the line from India

Its not the big trucks are not for our market, F Series is made only in LHD, but a show truck and a new mustang will be available to test drive later as the dealer is well backed by FORD.

Also the Everest and Ranger comes from Thailand with up to a 3.0lt, commonrail, VGT turbo intercoooled engine. All these are global models and not only for asian markets.

Its not the big trucks are not for our market, F Series is made only in LHD, but a show truck and a new mustang will be available to test drive later as the dealer is well backed by FORD.

Ford Explorer on our streets? God save us all :rolleyes:

Insider as in...? You work for the local dealership? Also: How come the Ford Everest isn't sold in the North American market despite the Ford Ranger upon which it is based, being readily available?

Edited by Kavvz

Insider as in...? You work for the local dealership? Also: How come the Ford Everest isn't sold in the North American market despite the Ford Ranger upon which it is based, being readily available?

True, both share platforms to meet EOS in Thailand. In north america the needs are diffrent and the volumes of ranger is adequate in meeting with line needs. Also in north america enough platforms available to build SUVs.