• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Civic Fd2 Type R - 2007

c1nder

I recon 5 mil is a decent price to pay when 2007 FD1`s (1.8 liter) go for like 4+ mil. I`ve read/heard many positive reviews about the FD2R, the stiff suspension set up might be a bitch on SL roads though. Maintenance wise, as long as the agents can do the diagnostics and stuff on the K20A motor, shouldn’t be too much of an issue eh?

Go for it mate, this is one of (If not ‘the’) best 2007 built performance sedans that you can get for 5 mil (if you can bring it down for that amount). :alc: Total cost of ownership over a number of years would definitely be a plus point in this being a Civic. :) one can say that i`m biased coz i`ve got a FD2. :D

Edited by MrCat

I recon 5 mil is a decent price to pay when 2007 FD1`s (1.8 liter) go for like 4+ mil. I`ve read/heard many positive reviews about the FD2R, the stiff suspension set up might be a bitch on SL roads though.

True! but its a small compromise for the far superior handling response

well i think there is a Type R in SL right one of those 300 limited edition's red color one. don't c y not the agent can't maintain it

That was the first car in SL....but since then quite a few have come down to SL.....i think there r about 4 or 5 in da country at da moment.....

Well its not as rough as u guys think it is

I'm sure it's comfortable, but on potholed roads, a stiff suspension can get on your nerves, which was what I meant.

Just me two cents.

Edited by Big_D

Well its not as rough as u guys think it is

Haven’t driven one so don’t know 100%, but mine`s got stiffer springs and together with 17 inch low profiles makes the ride noticeably harder than the standard FD1. Not unbearable though. Considering that I don’t think the FD2R would be on the comfy side on SL roads. All depends on whether the car will be used as a daily runner to drive family around etc.. :)

I'm sure it's comfortable, but on potholed roads, a stiff suspension can get on your nerves, which was what I meant.

Exactly, it`s just that "thud" you get which makes stiff suspension not so lovely to live with.

Haven’t driven one so don’t know 100%, but mine`s got stiffer springs and together with 17 inch low profiles makes the ride noticeably harder than the standard FD1. Not unbearable though. Considering that I don’t think the FD2R would be on the comfy side on SL roads. All depends on whether the car will be used as a daily runner to drive family around etc.. :)

As you said it depends on what purpose u want the car for..But however the stadard Type R suspension is not as stiff as the after market stuff u get..

The TypeR chassis is mainly designed for good handling & it does handle very well.... I have been in the Mugen RR & it handles like a go kart.....

Edited by Chooti Putha

Well there`s plenty of info on the net, lets see if anybody here is having any personal experiences to share.

i see that you have got a civic as well.....whats FD1 and FD2?

Just me two cents.

100% agreed with you mate...most probable is the suspension problem...

i see that you have got a civic as well.....whats FD1 and FD2?

Mine`s a FD2 mate. That`s a 2 liter K20Z2 motor but not Type R though, Type R has a FD2R chassis code(VIN - Vehicle Identification Number/Chassis code)

AFAIK FD code series if for the Japanese/Australasian/Malaysian/etc.. market.

Here`s the list AFAIK:

FD1 - 1.8 liter, R18A1 engine

FD2 - 2.0 liter, K20Z2

FD2R - Type R, 2.0 liter, K20A

FD2RR - Mugen RR, 2.0 liter, K20A

FD3 - Hybrid, 1.3 liter, LDA-MF5

FD4 - 1.6 liter, R16A (this is probably what you get in SL from the agents? Im not sure)

Edited by MrCat

• 3 weeks later...

So All R series engines (R18 and R16) are i-VTEC ? How about the others ?

Not sure what you mean by others but most current Honda motors do have i-VTEC. For example the entire 8th Generation Civic (current generation) line up has got i-VTEC engines.