• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Where Have All The Bodykits Gone?

SeanD

Question

What ever happened to all the Bodykit/bodikite/boddified cars (ricers and non) that used to run around in Colombo around 5-10 years back? And what of all the famous cars that used to Drag on saturdays? You never hear anything about them or their owners anymore. Did that phase just end overnight or is there something that killed it? And is that famous bodykit dude who used to come on TV to promote his 10 ton bodykits out of business as a result? Lots of questions :)

Edited by SeanD
  • Like 1

seriously....why can't our car mod folks take a look at work done by foose etc... :(

And then they will ask who Foose is... :)

Cause foose actually knows what they are doing, they dont rice up slow cars. They make good looking cars look even better, none of that unwanted stuff are added to their styling. very moderate paint and vinyl additions.

Its funny how these local modifying folk keep running their big mouths about aerodynamics and performance on tv but don't even understand that fixing a spoiler to a FWD car doesn't do squat :rolleyes:

Yeap and this company keeps winning the 'style' / 'exterior modification' segments of Sri Lankan car contests etc. So I guess its something the public wants...or finds desirable.

Yeah, probably because it's so over the top maybe.

Its funny how these local modifying folk keep running their big mouths about aerodynamics and performance on tv but don't even understand that fixing a spoiler to a FWD car doesn't do squat :rolleyes:

yes it is funny i thinks the reason they do that is to show off it is like hey i got a big spoiler at the back so everyone look at me :lol:

Edited by nexus

Cause foose actually knows what they are doing, they dont rice up slow cars. They make good looking cars look even better, none of that unwanted stuff are added to their styling. very moderate paint and vinyl additions.

yes it is funny i thinks the reason they do that is to show off it is like hey i got a big spoiler at the back so everyone look at me :lol:

heyy...as honourable president of the ricer club of sri lanka,I take much offence to that...the spoiler adds 50bhp at 7200 RPM...I demand an apology! :D

but seriously chaps.Modifying a car is not limited to performence only.Cosmetic modding has been alive pretty much ever since the birth of the automobile.Its a matter of personal preference and taste.

heyy...as honourable president of the ricer club of sri lanka,I take much offence to that...the spoiler adds 50bhp at 7200 RPM...I demand an apology! :D

but seriously chaps.Modifying a car is not limited to performence only.Cosmetic modding has been alive pretty much ever since the birth of the automobile.Its a matter of personal preference and taste.

same like this ,some folks are having all the after market decals all over their vehicle thinking that would add some gain .hope someone will get this sticker & put it in their vehicle

this_sticker_adds_100_whp-p217030076252185015qjcl_400.jpg

Edited by Crazy Life

i see my sera here :D

its one of a kind and so its got one of a kind of a kit. my car, my petrol, my style. and shanx every car iwith a bodykit is a ricer? but then again if so then my ricer civic is faster dan urs with all the heavy fiber work and stuff :P

that intercooler is real,tbh it's just for sake of the look,it's still running its stock n/a,5e-fhe engine. heard some new from the owner(previous) that he's gonna drop a 4E into that. but no recent news in regard.

its awaiting an engine swap. a hybrid. 5efhe turbo. thats why the intercooler is fixed prior to the bodykit. this aint for sale either. the top air scoop is to increase airflow to the head. coz it wont be a 1.3 starlet engine, its gonna b a 1.5 turbo.

:D ok sorry for what i said on previous post great MasterDon the honourable president of the ricer club of sri lanka.

:lol:

I dont think a self appointed president counts ;)

Besides I've seen much better ricers :P

I think the whole shopping cart handle concept and came with the daytona ( correct me if im wrong)

dodgedaytona.jpg

But no i dont mind people modifying their cars, its their choice. But what pisses me off is that these modifying folk give the wrong impression, if they just say its purely for cosmetic purposes its fine.But they justify the mods by talking about aerodynamics and performance increases cause of the mods <_<

Edited by The Stig

its awaiting an engine swap. a hybrid. 5efhe turbo. thats why the intercooler is fixed prior to the bodykit. this aint for sale either. the top air scoop is to increase airflow to the head. coz it wont be a 1.3 starlet engine, its gonna b a 1.5 turbo.

u don't need to swap,just get necessary stuffs from a 4e-fte and you are good to go. btw if you need any help with your conversion just pm me,will help you!

i see my sera here :D

its one of a kind and so its got one of a kind of a kit. my car, my petrol, my style. and shanx every car iwith a bodykit is a ricer? but then again if so then my ricer civic is faster dan urs with all the heavy fiber work and stuff :P

lol ok dude, no comment :P :P

:blink::blink:

:huh:

:rolleyes:

Edited by Supra_Natural

You are putting a Hybrid engine? Wow!! Respect!

Im not a fan of bodykits but i totally agree with masterdon...its the choice of the owner... whats ugly for me can be nice to someone else

• Like 3

u don't need to swap,just get necessary stuffs from a 4e-fte and you are good to go. btw if you need any help with your conversion just pm me,will help you!

yup thats wat i'l be doin most probably coz will be taking the turbo unit and the oil pan and the sensors. thanks buddy.

He He He these guys and their ideas are just epic ! :lol:

Wonder what head he was talking about ;)

surely not abt urs :angry-smiley-048:

CYLINDER HEAD dude. the more cooler the engine and the better it performs. i aint gonna go for a radiator replacement after the turbo installation coz then i'l have to lookout for a 1.8 engine radiator of a toyota which aint easy :action-smiley-060:

Let me get this right, you are hoping for outside air to cool the engine once the Turbo is installed. Yet, you don't want to increase the cooling capacity the proper way?

Have you carved cooling fins on the head? Have you installed heat sinks?

Why don't you remove the hood altogether? That will get plenty of air on to the 'head'. Or better still, put a Chicken mesh hood? That will look nice... :lol:

Dang, and to think if only Bugatti Veyron engineers had this kind of ingenuity, they would have not installed any of those 10+ radiators in that car... they would have gone for that 'open' hood look... :) Why bother with radiators at all... :):action-smiley-060:

surely not abt urs :angry-smiley-048:

CYLINDER HEAD dude. the more cooler the engine and the better it performs. i aint gonna go for a radiator replacement after the turbo installation coz then i'l have to lookout for a 1.8 engine radiator of a toyota which aint easy :action-smiley-060:

:blink: the only thing that you are gonna cool is the rocker cover mate. The metal cover you see when you open up the bonnet is not the cylinder head :action-smiley-060: ..And if you think you can get adequate cooling by just channeling more air into the engine bay, then you must be smoking some pretty good shit. Btw, i would like to have a chat with the person who told you that cold engines perform better than those that maintain a proper operating temp.. :angry:

Edited by GearHead