• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Where Have All The Bodykits Gone?

SeanD

Question

What ever happened to all the Bodykit/bodikite/boddified cars (ricers and non) that used to run around in Colombo around 5-10 years back? And what of all the famous cars that used to Drag on saturdays? You never hear anything about them or their owners anymore. Did that phase just end overnight or is there something that killed it? And is that famous bodykit dude who used to come on TV to promote his 10 ton bodykits out of business as a result? Lots of questions :)

Edited by SeanD
  • Like 1

Yes that craze has died down.The fast and the furious movie was the one that sparked it.Now that crowd has resolved to putting subtle "lowering kits" to their cars or none at all.Cars like the Mazda 3 which are good looking even when stock has something to do with it too.But now and then you still see something outrageous,Like the Toyota Sera I see everyday at Kiribathgoda.I can't describe how awful it is...lol...I'll try get a photograph next time.

That individual you are reffering is still in business and doing rather well AFAIK.

What ever happened to all the Bodykit/bodikite/boddified cars (ricers and non) that used to run around in Colombo around 5-10 years back? And what of all the famous cars that used to Drag on saturdays? You never hear anything about them or their owners anymore. Did that phase just end overnight or is there something that killed it? And is that famous bodykit dude who used to come on TV to promote his 10 ton bodykits out of business as a result? Lots of questions :)

Caught the hybrid bug i presume :lol:

fast and the furious was a long time ago mate, now its more like too slow too green.

Its tree hugging era now :angry-smiley-048:

Edited by The Stig

fast and the furious was a long time ago mate, now its more like too slow too green.

Its tree hugging era now :angry-smiley-048:

you are right Stig the reason for all of that is damn hybrid. :angry-smiley-024:

What about the Civic SiR drag craze? In general whatever happened to all those famous zoom zoom civics that were "making waves" in the drag scene a few years back?

All of the SiR went to the track i guess :)

Yes that craze has died down.The fast and the furious movie was the one that sparked it.Now that crowd has resolved to putting subtle "lowering kits" to their cars or none at all.Cars like the Mazda 3 which are good looking even when stock has something to do with it too.But now and then you still see something outrageous,Like the Toyota Sera I see everyday at Kiribathgoda.I can't describe how awful it is...lol...I'll try get a photograph next time.

That individual you are reffering is still in business and doing rather well AFAIK.

pls post a pic of the sera,is it the red color one?

pls post a pic of the sera,is it the red color one?

Yes red-ish.I hear it was displayed at the recent motorshow.

I see you own a Sera aswell matey.I'm terribly sorry for my comments if that car is yours. As they say,beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.:)

Edited by MasterDon

Haha I think I kno that red riced-out car's owner xD

Anyways it was a total waste of a rare car, coz it looked neat earlier..

I don't know it its the same car,but I saw Sera being modified by Samarakoon(Nilakto) at Boreledgamuwa along the same lines 3-4 years back.As I remember they also had to put in a newer,wider rear Axle to go with the very wide bodykit.

Yes red-ish.I hear it was displayed at the recent motorshow.

I see you own a Sera aswell matey.I'm terribly sorry for my comments if that car is yours. As they say,beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.:)

no no mate that aint mine,mine is not pimped out:D

I think the one you mentioned is this one

68696_443104621860_521446860_5982819_3208900_n.jpg

39596_443104396860_521446860_5982810_1695214_n.jpg

69026_443104646860_521446860_5982821_5568876_n.jpg

Edited by Crazy Life

Oh so that's the one... what a sorry excuse for a styling company, they're completely ruined the car.

Wait, is that a real intercooler I see? This thing is turbocharged?

Edited by Big_D

Oh so that's the one... what a sorry excuse for a styling company, they're completely ruined the car.

Starlet GT engine dropped in maybe?

btw that front mount ic is not functional lol.

Actually they people buy cars and modify them and sell them, can't blame them, still there are people to buy these kinda cars ;)

Edited by shanX

I think that's the plan, but at the time when this pic was captured, it was N/A

Starlet GT engine dropped in maybe?

that intercooler is real,tbh it's just for sake of the look,it's still running its stock n/a,5e-fhe engine. heard some new from the owner(previous) that he's gonna drop a 4E into that. but no recent news in regard.

Edited by Crazy Life

btw that front mount ic is a fake lol.

Actually these people buy cars and rice them and sell them, can't blame them, still there are people to buy these kinda cars ;)

Ha Ha lol seriously ? so they just glued on an intercooler for looks :lol:

Anyway that thing is just hideous :rolleyes:

^ yup, lol. Tel me abt it, it was kinda neat earlier...

that intercooler is real,tbh it's just for sake of the look,it's still running its stock n/a,5e-fhe engine. heard some new from the owner(previous) that he's gonna drop a 4E into that. but no recent news in regard.

that's what i meant, it was just for looks, not functional ;)

btw that front mount ic is a fake lol.

Actually these people buy cars and rice them and sell them, can't blame them, still there are people to buy these kinda cars ;)

Yeap and this company keeps winning the 'style' / 'exterior modification' segments of Sri Lankan car contests etc. So I guess its something the public wants...or finds desirable.

Yeap and this company keeps winning the 'style' / 'exterior modification' segments of Sri Lankan car contests etc. So I guess its something the public wants...or finds desirable.

i suppose they are the "best" out of the lot that competes :P

no amount of mechanical mods to that car can save it from being mucked up that bad aesthetically...

seriously....why can't our car mod folks take a look at work done by foose etc... :(