• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hybrid Maintanence

rover

guys.. on the subject of hybrids.. if u get a chance drive the CRZ hybrid which is based on the CRX... the dash is hilaorious... the bloddy thing has 3 modes SPort, normal , and ECONO... ECONO ???? how much more econo do u want.. its a hybrid for god sakes.. but the best is its interactive dash which almost never let u drive ungreen.. the whole thing turns red when u thrash it and there are trees that start to grow when u are driving ecnomocially and they start to die once u step on the gas... please go to a sale and drive the damn thing.. but got to admit its a little brisk than most hybrids and it has a 5 speed manual box..

the bugger told me it has a all petrol mode... i doubt it since none of the reviews on the internet mentions this...

still woudnt buy it though.,.. i still feel a little wierd driving a hybrid even if it has 121HP.. or so they claim.

True so true...but i did like the dash...funny thing is dats all i liked about it....i would rather drive me cab... 20yrs so far and still running better then ever....

still like to see anybody brave enough to wade through flooded roads on a prius

think its a disgrace for the CRX if we dont thrash this CRZ... isnt it.. i ignored the red cluster.. and the falling trees... gave it the FINGER..and florred it... but its defa more fun than the PRI-ASS....

did he tell u that there is a full petrol mode... and also driving in normal and econo is a no no...

Well i guess we will have to wait for the CRZ TypeR to come to SL....

Does anyone knows a reliable place for maintanance and checking of hybrid cars like the prius. I heard that toyota lanka are planning to open up a special workshop for these vehicles. I'm asking this is that i have recently bought a toyota prius and i'm suspecting that one of front wheel bearings needs replacement.

Toyota lanka are doing repairs and service now.you can buy parts also.go there mate.

I believe it's still too early to make opinions about hybrid maintenance costs.I think after one year there will be a very interesting thread on this matter at AL. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by AbeysinghE

yeah.. i am sure the dash on that will have an depleting O ZONE layer animation, ice glaziers melting, and oceans rising.. when u try to give it a little GAS..

haha i heard it has 200BHP.....so i guess it will be more of a sports car

haha i heard it has 200BHP.....so i guess it will be more of a sports car

yeah but then this is also called a sports hatch or hybrid sports.. and the damn dashboard makes us wanna go head on to a tree.. so i doubt the typr R will not have something to take us back..

the really sad thing is i belive the PRI-ASS is the one that should be having dying trees in the dash as that is a proper green hybrid, and it should not be driven like a horse on acid....but the CRZ with its roots and claming to have 121HP should let the driver thrash it a little without having to be guilty of killing trees in the dash..

yeah but then this is also called a sports hatch or hybrid sports.. and the damn dashboard makes us wanna go head on to a tree.. so i doubt the typr R will not have something to take us back..

the really sad thing is i belive the PRI-ASS is the one that should be having dying trees in the dash as that is a proper green hybrid, and it should not be driven like a horse on acid....but the CRZ with its roots and claming to have 121HP should let the driver thrash it a little without having to be guilty of killing trees in the dash..

haha true dat :) i am yet to ride in one...but as a Honda fan i hope the CRZ TypeR does live up to its expectations

I believe it's still too early to make opinions about hybrid maintenance costs.I think after one year there will be a very interesting thread on this matter at AL. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

That would be the sensible view. Not yet. Maybe worth revisiting a year from now, see what the situ is, but NOW is not the time to buy one.

• Like 2

guys.. on the subject of hybrids.. if u get a chance drive the CRZ hybrid which is based on the CRX... the dash is hilaorious... the bloddy thing has 3 modes SPort, normal , and ECONO... ECONO ???? how much more econo do u want.. its a hybrid for god sakes.. but the best is its interactive dash which almost never let u drive ungreen.. the whole thing turns red when u thrash it and there are trees that start to grow when u are driving ecnomocially and they start to die once u step on the gas... please go to a sale and drive the damn thing.. but got to admit its a little brisk than most hybrids and it has a 5 speed manual box..

the bugger told me it has a all petrol mode... i doubt it since none of the reviews on the internet mentions this...

still woudnt buy it though.,.. i still feel a little wierd driving a hybrid even if it has 121HP.. or so they claim.

The trees find their energy from co2 (like petrol for cars)

So the best tree huggers are diesel powered old vehicles :angry-smiley-048:

Here is a prius tree hugger for the others

post-46530-078918300 1303394959_thumb.jp

think its a disgrace for the CRX if we dont thrash this CRZ... isnt it.. i ignored the red cluster.. and the falling trees... gave it the FINGER..and florred it... but its defa more fun than the PRI-ASS....

did he tell u that there is a full petrol mode... and also driving in normal and econo is a no no...

Ummm AFAIK there is no such thing as an all petrol mode as the highest power comes when the engine is coupled with the hybrid motors :unsure:

the engine itself will only produce about 110Hp so the technically the rest would have to come from the motor.

Ahh yeah the damn trees, but for me the lights were more annoying. i thought the car was over heating or something :lol:

The trees find their energy from co2 (like petrol for cars)

So the best tree huggers are diesel powered old vehicles :angry-smiley-048:

Here is a prius tree hugger for the others

Ahhh you are back :action-smiley-060:

full_retard-(n1291603489035).jpg

Ok guys,

This thread is going well and a ton of ideas have come up and appreciate all the positive and more negative ideas about the prius..right at the moment i don't want to speak in favor of Prius,even though i'm a owner of a Prius.Coz still it's too early for me to say whether it's good or bad. ok guys i bought my car on January 2011 and up to now there was no major worry.Let me update you all maintenance i do periodically.To be honest even if i will be in trouble one day i won't hide it from you all..just want to share the experience as it would be very useful for the members here who are eagerly waiting to see the outcomes of Prius. :rolleyes:

Edited by AbeysinghE

Ok guys,

This thread is going well and a ton of ideas have come up and appreciate all the positive and more negative ideas about the prius..right at the moment i don't want to speak in favor of Prius,even though i'm a owner of a Prius.Coz still it's too early for me to say whether it's good or bad. ok guys i bought my car on January 2011 and up to now there was no major worry.Let me update you all maintenance i do periodically.To be honest even if i will be in trouble one day i won't hide it from you all..just want to share the experience as it would be very useful for the members here who are eagerly waiting to see the outcomes of Prius. :rolleyes:

Good.... You better start new thread or facebook page named "My sweet Prius" :rolleyes:

Having said that the things inside can be worse when we consider almost all hybrids brought down here have changed odo meters, so the actual mileage of the car may be far worse than the reading on the odo meter.

has anybody really witnessed changing the odometer reading in any car, cos I'm really interested to know how it's done. Changing of any data stored in the ECU can cause adverse effects on the performance of the car or it can change any other setting by accident, for example in the Nissan tiida even the idle rpm is set using the engine scanner and connecting to the ecu.

So today I overtook a prius driven by a moron with his windows down when it was nice and cool. Talk about lengths people go to save gas... anywya, after he got a splash of the Old Alfa Juice overtaking him next to a puddle, I am sure he will drive with his windows up from now on.

What a dick.

has anybody really witnessed changing the odometer reading in any car, cos I'm really interested to know how it's done. Changing of any data stored in the ECU can cause adverse effects on the performance of the car or it can change any other setting by accident, for example in the Nissan tiida even the idle rpm is set using the engine scanner and connecting to the ecu.

you must be one those who think that the ecu s are god send.

Keep believing that the mileage stored cannot be tampered and i will not waste my time trying to change your believe. But, even a laymen to vehicles knows this can be changed and not even 2months gone since a good friend of mine got rid of 150k kilometers from his car's odo.