• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Will Hybrids Fail Or Succeed In Sri Lanka?

150 members have voted

1. 1. Will Hybrids Fail Or Succeed In Sri Lanka?

• FAIL - Hybrids will NOT become accepted and 'mainstream' and will 'FAIL' in Sri Lanka
    • SUCCEED - Hybrids will become accepted and 'mainstream' and will 'SUCCEED' in Sri Lanka

all u do is come to this thread get ur self raped... and then somehow u go and get ur self an abortion and comes here to put out again... u do know that in the US and Canada they have places to go to get help for ur kind of behavior....

keep on coming butt face... u wanna get raped over and over again.. bring it on..

Whats your fascination with rape ?

Guys, WHAT is the point of this whole discussion again? I think we all established that 'Nikan was a black belt at google-fu and a dude who jacks off over hybrids, but pretty much useless at anything else quite a while back right?

So why in the hell are we still feeding the Troll?

• Like 6

Well I've never driven a hybrid, so I can't comment on whether it is enjoyable or not, (With respect to Charitha19's erm, 'emphatic' arguments that it is a singularly unenjoyable experience compared to a 'normal' gasoline engine) but if it saves money when costs of everything else are going up, it does seem like the course of wisdom to consider it, but like Jadey says, I wonder whether they offer a good service or a way to make a bit more cash at the ignorant customer's expense, I suspect it is the latter.

mate by all means if all u want is to save money and go from a to b.. then hybrids are as good as any.. no one is doubting that.. idiots like cali who is trying to market the hybrid as something else..

I never said anything about Porsche buyers buying their cars to save the environment or to be pioneers or anything like that. That is your delusion.

You are the dumbass who asserted that Sri Lankans who pay 50%-100% tax on their cars are cheapskates. I pulled the U.S. tax numbers to demonstrate the FACT that people in mature markets pay far far far less in taxes on their cars than Sri Lankans do. Which confirms that your assertion about Sri Lankans is completely idiotic.

I picked it up in your very first post that you are a snob and an elitist.

You may think you are hot shit in SL and maybe people think you are, but this is a big world we live in , and in this big world you are a nobody.

no no.. most of the people here are somebody;s in SL... u idiot are a nobody in US.. not only because u drive a priass but also because u are in the US.. same for me here in canada...

The Cali-bashers

absolutely spot on! People are bashing you for obvious reasons and not really the hybrids :D

on a sidenote... the car that drove on the wrong side of the road and hit a navy double cab on the dehiwala flyover was apparently a prius. car caught fire and burnt down completely.

• Like 1

absolutely spot on! People are bashing you for obvious reasons and not really the hybrids :D

on a sidenote... the car that drove on the wrong side of the road and hit a navy double cab on the dehiwala flyover was apparently a prius. car caught fire and burnt down completely.

ha ha ha cali... one of ur tree huggers just set fire to it self.. maybe to save a tree.. ha ha ha..

mate by all means if all u want is to save money and go from a to b.. then hybrids are as good as any.. no one is doubting that.. idiots like cali who is trying to market the hybrid as something else..

You are the idiot who makes hybrids out to be something they are not. Not me.

I have always differentiated between hybrids such as the Prius and Insight, and the much more powerful, faster hybrids from Lexus, BMW, Porsche, Benz etc.

Since you haven't been able to comprehend this concept through words, maybe showing you the concept at a 3 year old's level with pictures will help:

2010-Toyota-Prius-vs-2010-Honda-Insight.jpg

Less powerful, slower, more boring, more fuel efficient and more eco friendly hybrids

paul-mccartneys-lexus-hybrid.jpg

fisker-karma-hybrid-500.jpg

More powerful and faster hybrids.

It's been over a year, but are you able to comprehend the general idea now, genius?

Well I've never driven a hybrid, so I can't comment on whether it is enjoyable or not, (With respect to Charitha19's erm, 'emphatic' arguments that it is a singularly unenjoyable experience compared to a 'normal' gasoline engine) but if it saves money when costs of everything else are going up, it does seem like the course of wisdom to consider it, but like Jadey says, I wonder whether they offer a good service or a way to make a bit more cash at the ignorant customer's expense, I suspect it is the latter.

Toyota Lanka sent technicians to Japan last year to be trained in hybrid maintenance and repairs.

So no, this is not some fleece job by Toyota Lanka to get more cash. If they wanted to do that they could have and probably would have started "Hybrid Servicing' a year ago.

CALi... seriously i am sure all this must be hard to take... if u are as knowledgeable as u say u are and are all for mother earth... where is that all illusive thread from u.... i dont see a single thread or a post started by you to help our hybrid community.. i keep on saying this but like one of those slippery serpents u shy away.. at least Google and start something moron...

ha ha ha cali... one of ur tree huggers just set fire to it self.. maybe to save a tree.. ha ha ha..

Hey, what do I care...

You are really obsessed with the idea of rape. You say that word over and over and over again.

It's time to go get some psychiatric treatment.

You are really obsessed with the idea of rape. You say that word over and over and over again.

oh poor cali.. i am sorry it must be traumatic for u me using the word rape.. i wont use it anymore...

hybridy.jpg

Edited by charitha19

Toyota Lanka sent technicians to Japan last year to be trained in hybrid maintenance and repairs.

So no, this is not some fleece job by Toyota Lanka to get more cash. If they wanted to do that they could have and probably would have started "Hybrid Servicing' a year ago.

+1

But have to mention that some of the special tools are still on the way. For example the refrigerant recovery equipment used on other vehicles cannot be used in the hybrid high voltage AC system because it will contaminate the special oil used for HV system. I saw them releasing the refrigerant to the atmosphere in a Lexus hybrid during a repair. In the US thats a 25000 $ fine.

+1

But have to mention that some of the special tools are still on the way. For example the refrigerant recovery equipment used on other vehicles cannot be used in the hybrid high voltage AC system because it will contaminate the special oil used for HV system. I saw them releasing the refrigerant to the atmosphere in a Lexus hybrid during a repair. In the US thats a 25000 $ fine.

now see this is useful information for priass owners... CALI learn from ur "friend"...

Edited by charitha19

CALi... seriously i am sure all this must be hard to take... if u are as knowledgeable as u say u are and are all for mother earth... where is that all illusive thread from u.... i dont see a single thread or a post started by you to help our hybrid community.. i keep on saying this but like one of those slippery serpents u shy away.. at least Google and start something moron...

Hey man,car mechanics, maintenance and such things is something I am not interested in. I don't like getting my hands dirty so I pay the agent to do everything. As you may remember, I don't even touch my wheels.

It's the result of the mechanics that interest me - less emissions, greater efficiency, greater environmental friendliness and the overall green technology. In mature markets there is a name for this type of car enthusiasm. It's called being a 'eco-enthusiast'.

This type of car enthusiasm has only just started to hit Sri lanka because hybrids and green technology is still so new in SL, which is probably why you and other people have such a very hard time understanding me, and some of the other hybrid drivers. But eco-enthusiasm is definitely coming to Sri Lanka....

the-road-ahead-the-dawn-of-the-eco-enthusiast.jpg

This is a film that came out last year about Eco-Enthusiasts

Edited by Californikan

Hey man,car mechanics, maintenance and such things is something I am not interested in. I don't like getting my hands dirty so I pay the agent to do everything. As you may remember, I don't even touch my wheels.

It's the result the mechanics that interest me - less emissions, greater efficiency, greater environmental friendliness and the overall green technology. In mature markets there is a name for this type of car enthusiasm. It's called being a 'eco-enthusiast'.

This type of car enthusiasm has not even started to take hold in Sri lanka because hybrids and green technology is still new in SL, which is probably why you and other people have such a hard time comprehending me. But eco-enthusiasm will definitively come to Sri Lanka....

the-road-ahead-the-dawn-of-the-eco-enthusiast.jpg

good for u and the rest of ur kind... any enthusiasm is welcome.. so at least u owned up for that and saying u let the mechanic handle ur business. good stuff... now see this is respectful... .eco-enthusiast thats cool... but again untill true tree huggers come to SL this eco-enthusiast will not exist in SL sorry to say... but u can learn more and post some updated info to the hybrid community here who are still in the dark about maintenance..

just like people like us who likes to burn oil and see valves bouncing off the bonnet.. i am sure the eco-enthusiast loves to see a tree being regrown.. that i can understand..

Looks more like an Allion to me. :)

http://www.newsfirst.lk/english-news/?view=news_more&id=10165

good for u and the rest of ur kind... any enthusiasm is welcome.. so at least u owned up for that and saying u let the mechanic handle ur business. good stuff... now see this is respectful... .eco-enthusiast thats cool... but again untill true tree huggers come to SL this eco-enthusiast will not exist in SL sorry to say... but u can learn more and post some updated info to the hybrid community here who are still in the dark about maintenance..

just like people like us who likes to burn oil and see valves bouncing off the bonnet.. i am sure the eco-enthusiast loves to see a tree being regrown.. that i can understand..

Alright....after all this, we came to a mutual understanding. Peace. :alc:

Yahoo.com-Bad Karma: Our Fisker Karma plug-in hybrid breaks down - http://autos.yahoo.c...reaks-down.html

...We buy about 80 cars a year and this is the first time in memory that we have had a car that is undriveable before it has finished our check-in process...We encountered other problems with a Karma press car that visited the track for a few hours, and we have heard of problems at press events. In addition, we see that some owners are experiencing a variety of issues, as evidenced by forums such as FiskerBuzz.com..
Edited by MasterDon

I picked it up in your very first post that you are a snob and an elitist.

You may think you are hot shit in SL and maybe people think you are, but this is a big world we live in , and in this big world you are a nobody.

so what does that make you? another nobody, only with less friends because you got a hybrid and you can't stop talking about it