• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Will Hybrids Fail Or Succeed In Sri Lanka?

150 members have voted

1. 1. Will Hybrids Fail Or Succeed In Sri Lanka?

• FAIL - Hybrids will NOT become accepted and 'mainstream' and will 'FAIL' in Sri Lanka
    • SUCCEED - Hybrids will become accepted and 'mainstream' and will 'SUCCEED' in Sri Lanka

Yes machan, I do indeed mean the screen shot.

That other thread is way way off topic.

Here is the screen shot:

33u4z02.jpg

Since you suddenly have a lot to say about hybrids and both your posts had do with hybrids, say whatever you have to say on this thread where the hybrid debate belongs. (I'm going to be offline for hours so don't wait to hear from me).

There should be guys voted "NO" who is already driving hybrids these days. It's better you open the poll again. Peoples misconcepts about hybrids has changed a lot over the last year. I think you might get 80-90% success and 10% fail

Just because some people bought hybrids and have driven them for ONE year does not simply make it a success! The poll indicates what people think about the subject. It does not ask "will ppl buy them or not"

There should be guys voted "NO" who is already driving hybrids these days. It's better you open the poll again. Peoples misconcepts about hybrids has changed a lot over the last year. I think you might get 80-90% success and 10% fail

Are you serious about such a poll? Or even THIS poll for that matter?

How could a car 'fail in a country'??? Seriously?? HOW on earth do you define it? To me a car 'failing' is if every car that rolls right off the ship just dies on the dock.... Some cars wouldnt be as easy to maintain as others, some would not be as economical as others, some may not be as comfortable as others... but HOW or HOW can one fail (or succeed for that matter?)

Edited by Watchman

I moved this post where it belongs, which is in this thread, Supra.

You don't have the authority or the right to decide what belongs where on this forum. Know your role. Repeat offenses will not be taken well.

400k for a part that wouldnt even be there on a normal car and is quite likely to fail at about 100k... hmmm... interesting... So you're spending about Rs.4 more for every kilometer you do.. :D

Appreciate if you could read the post CAREFULLY before commenting.

Just because some people bought hybrids and have driven them for ONE year does not simply make it a success! The poll indicates what people think about the subject. It does not ask "will ppl buy them or not"

People will not risk their money, more buying does not directly implies more success. but there is a connection

People will not risk their money, more buying does not directly implies more success. but there is a connection

People make bad money decisions all the time. Just check out the Sakvithi, Golden Key, etc, etc....

members,

Actually sakvith did the total damage to all people who was living on interest. One family had 2M invested with Danduvam mudalali in down south 5 of them in that family lived like Maharajas in Ambalanthota. They still have paddy lands and existing.

Golder key if top man I am not mistaken was miss lead by the workers.

Till sakvithi got out of the country every thing was going smoothly.

Sylvi Wijesinghe

400k for a part that wouldnt even be there on a normal car and is quite likely to fail at about 100k... hmmm... interesting... So you're spending about Rs.4 more for every kilometer you do.. :D

You completely screwed up the facts and information.

- Rover never said anything about the 400k part failing. Toyota over-engineered the 400k part and it has no significant history or pattern of failure.

- Rover never said the 400k part fails at "about 100k". He said there have been failures of another, completely different, much cheaper part at "over 100k" . Total replacement cost of that part including labor is abour Rs 25,000, NOT the Rs 400,000 you said.

- "After 100k" does not mean "about 100k" like you said. After 100k means anywhere from 101k to 400+k.

The only reason I think this thread should exist is so that all the retards will keep their monkey faeces in here rather than fling it all over the forum...

Exactly the reason I created this thread one year ago: To have one thread to attract and contain all the retards (certain AL members) who were calling hybrid drivers all kinds of names - "homosexuals" "gays" "cheapskates" "fools" etc.

It's good to see that, now a year later, those fellows have completely changed their tune and their attacks on hybrid drivers have stopped.

• Like 1

Quoting directly from your good buddy rover's experiences here, NOT something we "short sighted hybrid haters" made up btw.... Let's see now, I seem to recall someone here getting their knickers all wet with excitement and doing PR for this Hybrid Motors place.... Words like "international management" and "professional technicians" and so on were used when that particular piece of PR was being done on the AL forum.

And before we get to the Inverter Issue, I realize that Hybrid motors only had a couple of cars at the time rover visited. But a source within Toyota Lanka (who actually does work on the things instead of sitting at a computer pleasuring himself to them) told me that the number of cars that have turned up with inverter issues are already well into the double figures.

What you don't seem to have taken into account Cali is the FACT (yes, fact) that most of the Prii that our herds went and bought have already covered close to or over a 100k before they were shipped here. Which makes them prime candidates for the Inverter problems that are also, FACTS.

Which is why we "Hybrid Haters" or whatever you choose to call us (I prefer the term "Skeptics") have said all along that just because they sell to our herds of fuel obsessed donkeys and don't become paperweights in the short term, that doesn't mean that they will hold up to our conditions and the way we use cars in the Long run.

But clearly you my friend, are not interested in the long run.

Hold on, Supra Natural. Before you anoint yourself with holy water, run to the top of Sigiriya, do a victory dance on the summit, and pop off a celebratory ejaculation over this :rolleyes: , there are some things you are clearly not aware of.

You first heard about this for the very first time only three days ago when you read Rovers post. Then you contacted your friend at Toyota Lanka to get more info. What you are not aware of is that this issue was first reported in major markets over six years ago. It has been tracked and analyzed by Toyota and various auto analysts in the major markets, and discussed in the international auto forums for the past six years. This is brand new information to you, but six year old information in many other parts of the world.

Second thing is that this issue has nothing to do with "holding up to our conditions" and "the way we use cars in the Long run" as you said it does. Sri Lankan climate and conditions has nothing to do with this because this was a global issue. A bunch of bad inverter coolant pumps were fitted to 2nd gen Prii at the factory and those Prii were shipped around Japan and around the world. When those Prii - wherever they landed in the world- reached between 100,000 - 400,000k, they need their pump replaced. This issue has nothing to do with local conditions.

Third thing is, I can tell you really have no understanding of what this problem is because you are getting all the part names confused, just as Watchman did. The Rs. 400k inverter and Rs 25k (labor included) inverter coolant pump are two completely different parts that you are getting confused. It's the inverter coolant pump that sometimes needs replacement, not the inverter. The inverter is one of the most over-engineered parts of the Prius. There is no problem with the inverter in the Prii as you said there is, although it is possible to damage it through negligence and abuse.

Fourth thing is, Toyota made a running manufacturing change to the design of the inverter coolant pump in 2007 to address this issue, after it was identified in major markets. Most Prii in SL are post 2007 and have the updated design inverter coolant pump. Like you, I have a source at Toyota Lanka and he told me that they have had less than 5 Prii in that needed inverter coolant pump replacement (all 2007 models) and they have never seen a Prii with an inverter problem.

Fifth thing is, this is the ONLY widespread issue with the 2nd gen Prii. And in scientific major market reliability studies of the Prius, this issue was not a significant enough to change the Prius's 'Highly Recommended' reliability rating.

I could go on with more facts, but I will stop here.

I know it's your wet dream for the hybrids in SL to have major problems, and teach their cheapskate fuel obsessed donkey owners a lesson, but that just ain't going to happen. You and your fellow AL "skeptics" are futilely fighting against 10+ years of sophisticated tracking, data and analysis in the major markets involving millions of hybrids that totally contradicts your position.

• Like 1

You first heard about this for the very first time only three days ago when you read Rovers post. Then you contacted your friend at Toyota Lanka to get more info. What you are not aware of is that this issue was first reported in major markets over six years ago. It has been tracked and analyzed by Toyota and various auto analysts in the major markets, and discussed in the international auto forums for the past six years. This is brand new information to you, but six year old information in many other parts of the world.

So the man is fully aware of a defect, likely to show up in the cars coming to SL with the initial tax break since the initial flood was mostly used 2nd Gen cars, but he still went around telling people its a wonderful idea to buy it.

That, gents, is how the marketing department works. Not disclose the issues and keep on trying to sell, while trying to diss people who advocate caution. At a time when there was zero maintenance facilities in the island to take care of it, too.

Certainly a reprehensible individual.

Go away Cali.

Edited by Pericles
  • Like 1

So the man is fully aware of a defect, likely to show up in the cars coming to SL with the initial tax break since the initial flood was mostly used 2nd Gen cars, but he still went around telling people its a wonderful idea to buy it.

That, gents, is how the marketing department works. Not disclose the issues and keep on trying to sell, while trying to diss people who advocate caution. At a time when there was zero maintenance facilities in the island to take care of it, too.

Go away Cali.

ohhhhhhhhhhh... now that's a swift kick in the nuts! Cali malli, did it hurt?

Hold on, Supra Natural. Before you anoint yourself with holy water, run to the top of Sigiriya, do a victory dance on the summit, and pop off a celebratory ejaculation over this :rolleyes: , there are some things you are clearly not aware of.

Second thing is that this issue has nothing to do with "holding up to our conditions" and "the way we use cars in the Long run" as you said it does. Sri Lankan climate and conditions has nothing to do with this because this was a global issue. A bunch of bad inverter coolant pumps were fitted to 2nd gen Prii at the factory and those Prii were shipped around Japan and around the world. When those Prii - wherever they landed in the world- reached between 100,000 - 400,000k, they need their pump replaced. This issue has nothing to do with local conditions.

Third thing is, I can tell you really have no understanding of what this problem is because you are getting all the part names confused, just as Watchman did. The Rs. 400k inverter and Rs 25k (labor included) inverter coolant pump are two completely different parts that you are getting confused. It's the inverter coolant pump that sometimes needs replacement, not the inverter. The inverter is one of the most over-engineered parts of the Prius. There is no problem with the inverter in the Prii as you said there is, although it is possible to damage it through negligence and abuse.

Fourth thing is, Toyota made a running manufacturing change to the design of the inverter coolant pump in 2007 to address this issue, after it was identified in major markets. Most Prii in SL are post 2007 and have the updated design inverter coolant pump. Like you, I have a source at Toyota Lanka and he told me that they have had less than 5 Prii in that needed inverter coolant pump replacement (all 2007 models) and they have never seen a Prii with an inverter problem.

Fifth thing is, this is the ONLY widespread issue with the 2nd gen Prii. And in scientific major market reliability studies of the Prius, this issue was not a significant enough to change the Prius's 'Highly Recommended' reliability rating.

I could go on with more facts, but I will stop here.

I know it's your wet dream for the hybrids in SL to have major problems, and teach their cheapskate fuel obsessed donkey owners a lesson, but that just ain't going to happen. You and your fellow AL "skeptics" are futilely fighting against 10+ years of sophisticated tracking, data and analysis in the major markets involving millions of hybrids that totally contradicts your position.

Dear me, getting quite hot under the collar aren't we? Celebratory ejaculations and all... And who has wet dreams about Hybrids again? Certainly ain't me machan... If that's the sort of thing that excites you, you have a serious problem..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechanophilia might wanna get that checked out.

I really cant be bothered replying to every detail of your post machan because I honestly have better things to do with my time (You can go ahead and claim that I have no argument and that you won, I don't really mind)

But I DO want to point out a couple of things to you, first of all what exactly do you imagine an inverter coolant pump does? Im no Hybrid expert, but im fairly certain it cools the inverter (Yup, I know the difference Shock! Horror!) ... So what happens if a coolant pump packs up on one of the already 100k plus, clocked prii that we get here?... Second, This is a country that almost defined the concept "deferred maintenance" after all, and what happens if one of our makaa baases decides to run it without sorting the pump by doing some jerry rigging (another thing we're famous for in SL btw)?

Yeah.... didn't think that far did you?

Edited by Supra_Natural

Go away Cali.

Like Supra, you're talking out of your ass about something you know very little :rolleyes: about. Firstly, all makes and models of cars have 'defects' and develop problems over time. There is no such thing as a zero-defect and zero problem car. So your "aware of a defect" statement is ludicrous. Every car has defects and problems.

Secondly, the vast majority of Prii in SL are not affected by this issue because they are 2007-2010 Prii which have an updated design pump that Toyota began using in 2007.

Thirdly, a Prius with an inverter coolant pump issue is still less defective and has less problems than any other car on the market. A Prius with an inverter coolant pump issue is still overall the most reliable car on the market and is still more reliable and recommended than a Corolla.

Fourthly, changing the inverter coolant pump is a a relatively easy 1hour job that any baas or home mechanic can do. Many Prius owners have changed the pump themselves at home, and there are plenty of instructions online.

Fifthly, I have posted this Prius reliability rating many times that clearly show all Prius problem areas. You especially, and also your hater friends have had your heads so far up your asses that you couldn't learn from this study. If you bothered to look over it, you would have seen the coolant pump issue clearly shows, and that it was not a significant enough problem to alter the Prius "Much Better than Average Reliability" rating.

6h1czq.jpg

They way you talk out of your ass, and write ridiculous posts about things you know little about is reprehensible, I say. What a reprehensible individual....LOL.

ohhhhhhhhhhh... now that's a swift kick in the nuts! Cali malli, did it hurt?

No, not one bit.

Mostly 'cause your master wrote yet another ridiculous post about a topic he knows little about. Btw, the way you fawn over his posts makes you look like you're his personal butt boy.

But I DO want to point out a couple of things to you, first of all what exactly do you imagine an inverter coolant pump does? Im no Hybrid expert, but im fairly certain it cools the inverter (Yup, I know the difference Shock! Horror!) ... So what happens if a coolant pump packs up on one of the already 100k plus, clocked prii that we get here?... Second, This is a country that almost defined the concept "deferred maintenance" after all, and what happens if one of our makaa baases decides to run it without sorting the pump by doing some jerry rigging (another thing we're famous for in SL btw)?

Yeah.... didn't think that far did you?

Hasn't it occurred to you that the Toyota engineers have thought about how to safeguard the inverter if the coolant pump or something else were to pack up? And hasn't it occurred to you that Toyota has built multiple layers of safeguards into hybrid synergy drive to protect the inverter, battery and hybrid system?

Your second idea is much more interesting, and I'm curious what your solution to this is, if you have one. Stop all importation of advanced technology cars and fall more behind developed countries?

yo hooooo.. oh CALI... take a gander bitch.... in ur face..

http://metronews.ca/...her-hype-brids/

so even in the US people are switching.. why... oh why.. its waterloo for u sucker...

cheapskates will be cheapskates any where.. where are the green lovers.

Charitha, I'm so happy to see that you actually reading. Please continue to post interesting articles to show that you are actually using your brain.

Here are two more articles for you to read:

Hybrids break U.S sales records in March 2012 >>

http://www.delawareo...d-electric-cars

Toyota Prius and Toyota Aqua are Japan's best-selling cars in April 2012 >>

http://www.thetrutha...ist-full-table/

Charitha, I'm so happy to see that you actually reading. Please continue to post interesting articles to show that you are actually using your brain.

Here are two more articles for you to read:

Hybrids break U.S sales records in March 2012 >>

http://www.delawareo...d-electric-cars

Toyota Prius and Toyota Aqua are Japan's best-selling cars in April 2012 >>

http://www.thetrutha...ist-full-table/

you are an idiot. not matter what u post.. u just got owned..even the us folk dont want ur green shit.. ho ho cali ho..

you are an idiot. not matter what u post.. u just got owned..even the us folk dont want ur green shit.. ho ho cali ho..

Considering Nissan Leaf Hybrid is the 2nd nightmare of the petrolheads.. Still want a car with performance. Most of US hybrid owners use them as the 2nd car or as wife's car. They always have a main Goliath in their garages.