• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Micro Panda

Svish

The very first Micro (econo and previlege) was assembled in Sri Lanka and the engine was sourced from Renault (not sure whether from France or some other plant of Renault). The design was unique to Micro and components like the suspension was sourced from India. Body panels were fabricated locally and these caused a whole bunch of problems.

Micro MPV (both the generations) were imported from Hafei as knocked-down kit and assembled in the Peliyagoda plant.

Micro Trend (first generation) was also imported as a knocked-down kit from Hafei, what we called Hafei Lobo in this thread. Naza also did the same thing in Malaysia. Lobo was designed by Pininfarina for Hafei.

Micro Trend (second generation) is rebadged Geely Panda

Micro MX7 First generation was also imported from Hafei as a knocked-down kit and badged here.

Micro MX7 Second generation is rebadged Geely CK2

As for the Malaysian automaker Naza, they are not any better than Micro in their business tactics. To import a foreign car to Malaysia, one must pay about 140% tax. But Naza owner has got a special tax concession from Mahathir Mohammad's government, which allows him to import cars tax free and sell it in their market. So the guy gets down Hafei Lobo, Pug 206, Kia Rio, Kia Pride and cars like that, fixes the Naza badge and sells it. That's why Proton and Perodua are going places but Naza is stuck in their homeground.

oho.. understood, so basically all micro cars are geely and hafei being rebadged here, and alteast the ecno and privilage were desinged specifically for micro :D

thnx a lot mate.. :alc:

• Like 1

I see a 'trend' with these new Micro Panda owners. Couple of weeks back i took my car for a service and here comes a panda rollin in for a body wash. the owner was surrounded by other guys who has come for a service and this guy (the panda owner) start on how "Good" the panda is. i immediately noticed some green liquid on the floor near the radiator when he parked the car (mind you this is a brand new car) and he was saying to all the gullible people around that its VOLVO technology running the whole thing. (maybe he wants to improve the resale value in his own little way)

From my point of view why they are not efficient is because of these tax subsidies,when these people are given help from the govt they could keep a huge profit margin,so even if they sell small numbers they would still make a profit.As a result unlike other importers who try to compete with other services in order to increase units sold,Micro would not want to,as they have a huge profit margin,and they could cover up their costs and still make a profit.This is just my thought.

• Like 1

he took it on a test drive and drove @ 110 km/h ?

Hmmm... this is interesting... do they have some sort of a test track near the showroom which allows customers to floor at 100+ Km/h? :P

Edited by LashNeo

• 4 weeks later...

i just want to point this out. we still havent building any cars

the Micro Trend Panda.. is originally Geely Panda

and the Micro Trend is originally a malaysian car called Naza sutera

]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/92/22uw.jpg

and yes they have poor customer service, they dont even let us take test drives in kandy showroom

the micro trend is originally a hafei lobo

Members,

Before Micro there were few cars assembled Fiat Skoda Mazda some others I cannot recall their names because I used said cars assembled in our country only I named them. I used them more than 100000 Miles each cannot complain then later shifted to Japanese Vehicles.Now I use a Indian New Mini Van.

This was thirty years or more they were original kits directly from the factory. Never used other manufacturers parts.

I understand Micro is using all parts from different car parts manufacturers and they go to the cheapest supplier due to this there are lot of complains about their cars and small vans. After market service is not up to the slandered as for Micro Vehicle users

I have added a post early to this thread about their sales division.

I hope they will improve later when the Micro Vehicles are sold more and users complain to them.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Marketing gimmick. As the new highway speed limit is 100-120.I saw their buses advertized as can achieve speed up to 110Km/h

I saw at a weekend news paper the max speed is 100 km/hr in the highway.

Lousy service, my uncle bought a Rhino SUV had so many issues including engine trouble had to toe the vehicle from Buttala.

He was with out a vehicle for one month, I would stay away from anything from Micro

• 2 weeks later...

Micro Panda = Geely LC Hatch

http://www.geelysa.co.za/Vehicles.html

Geely LC Hatch - Spec

http://www.geelysa.co.za/LC_brochures.html

I'm not a Panda user. Those who are willing to buy better consult a user and see it ur self. Never ever believe what sales ppl say.. But in youtube i saw some videos with ppl doing some tricks with Geely LC (Micro Panda). Looks to me its a car with far amout of engine power. Its always better to speak to a actual user and make decision (To but or not). And also waiting time for brandnew cars in SL is sooooo long.(There is a seperate theard for that)..:action-smiley-060: