• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vibration While Taking A Left Bend (Turning Left)

civicferio

Question

Dear All,

I want your help to sort out issue with my ek3 2000 auto.

About 3 months ago, when I inspect a car I saw, driver side CV boot damaged and grease had come out.

Then I replaced the driver side CV boot from reputed mechanic.

After about one or two weeks I felt there was a small vibration while taking a left bend (turning in to the left).

Steering wheel can feel it much better. I interchanged tires, front tires to rear. I did a wheel alignment. But it is still there.

It is noticeable while going up a hill and taking left bend with accelerator pressed. No any vibration when going straight and turning to right.

It is also noticeable when taking a left turn with high RPM (let’s say above 3000).

It only comes when turning to left.

Very much noticeable with the high RPM.

Thank you in advance.

6 answers to this question

maybe your left cv joint is kaput!

once the boot gets damaged and grease goes out and crap goes in....it doesn't take a long time to destroy the cvj

if you have done wheel alignment, chances are your suspnesion bit were checked during the process and things like rack ends should be in good health.

Im inclined to think it's the CV Joint too based on the symptoms you've mentioned.

Try this, when turning put the window down and listen to see if you can hear a sort of constant ticking, "Tak Tak" kinda noise. If you do, then it's most likely the CV Joint which is the problem.

Best get it checked at a good garage soon.

mate might be a problem in the left Rackend..

in not a pro in this section.. but might oome from the rackend

Thanks, I checked the rack-ends. seems OK

maybe your left cv joint is kaput!

once the boot gets damaged and grease goes out and crap goes in....it doesn't take a long time to destroy the cvj

if you have done wheel alignment, chances are your suspnesion bit were checked during the process and things like rack ends should be in good health.

Thx.

I replaced the driver side CV boot which is called inboard boot located near the Transmission.

Im inclined to think it's the CV Joint too based on the symptoms you've mentioned.

Try this, when turning put the window down and listen to see if you can hear a sort of constant ticking, "Tak Tak" kinda noise. If you do, then it's most likely the CV Joint which is the problem.

Best get it checked at a good garage soon.

Thx,I checked the CVJ. there was no any sound as you mentioned.

im not an expert at this, i think the is caused by a mount

Thx, I will check it this weekend.

post-45873-080497800 1308752532_thumb.jp

Check your wheel bearings and also there are some stoppers holding the brake pads in place which sometimes get missed out or fall off. It's not dangerous but it does cause a bit of noise. In my car my mechanic just fabricated a new one and the noise was gone. But it was not a vibration just a metallic noise...

Edited by The Don