• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pls Read - Extreamly Important For All Vehicle Owners

DVT

Friends,

Im sure most of us are confused now,

Let me summarize wht I learnt ( My experience)

Ceypetc0 Gasoline is low quality and no two words about it. Same with Laughs.I heard few cases of IOC and really unsure.Supras case is one and have to believe.

Best solution is to pump Xtra premium or 95 Next better solution is mixing 90 and 95 at 50-50% .Dont mix xtra premium with 95 or xtra premium with 90 .

Additives wont work.

Adding 10% of AVGAS to available capacity which I do now is very practical .Exceeding the limit over 10% will bust the Cat con for sure.Obtaining avgas is not practically possible for 'Non-Aviators"wink.gif Sure you can ask friends.You know the number to call wink.gif

Diesel is not effected (So far).

If somebody denies the situation of low quality of uel or fuel pump busting, He or she got to be shot in publictongue.gif

This is my experience and trust me, i know what im writing ,yet please correct me if im wrong.

MINIACE

Agreed with that, so far, xtra premium and 95Octane fuel seams to be the best choise,

i myself have used Xtra premium and my dad used 95 Octane for his car,

and both seams fine.

for the time being, this is the best choice.

All this contaminated petrol issues reminds me of that Tintin classic - Land of Black Gold!! At least we don't have exploding engines as in the comic to contend with... :D

Me too... :lol:

And suggest who are Thomson and Thompson? :)

To be precisely, I sugest Mr.C--nikan and Mr.Pri-as :alc:

:action-smiley-060::lol:

Hi,

Today i pumped 32Liters of 90 oct Petrol to my AE 110 Sprinter from Pelawatta IOC (That time my tank was almost near to empty) and drive about 5Km so far and no problems yet. They had no fuel yesterday evening and the pump guy said that this is a new load unloaded yesterday night, and according to him so far no complaints.

Here what the minister says,who can expect justice

සමහර ඉන්ධන පිරවුම්හල්වල තෙල් ටැංකිවල තිබූ මණ්ඩි හා සමහර තෙල් ටැංකිවලට ජලය කවලම්වීම නිසා පෙට්‍රල් බාල වී ඇතැයි ඛනිජ තෙල් අමාත්‍ය සුසිල් ප්‍රේමජයන්ත් මහතා පවසයි. :violent-smiley-099:

පසුගිය පොසොන්සමයේ ඛනිජ තෙල් සංස්ථාවට අයත් පිරවුම්හල්වල තෙල්තොග අවසන් වී තෙල් ටැංකි අඩියටම සිඳී ගොස් තිබුණු බැවින් නැවත තෙල් තොග පිරවූ පසුවඑම තෙල් ටැංකිවල අඩියේ තිබූ මණ්ඩි උඩට පැමිණීමෙන් හා සමහර තෙල් ටැංකි වලට ජලය කාන්දුවීමෙන් තෙල් තොග මෙසේ බාලවී අතැයි ප්‍රේමජයන්ත් මහතා පැවසීය.

හදිසියේ ගෙන්වුවත් ගෙන්වා තිබෙන්නේ බාල පෙට්‍රල් තොගයක් නොවන බවද ඒවා සිය පරීක්ෂණාගාරවල පරීක්ෂාකර නියමිත ප්‍රමිතියෙන්යුක්ත පෙට්‍රල් යැයි තහවුරු කරගත් බවද ප්‍රකාශ කළ අමාත්‍යවරයා යම් ආකාරයකින් ඛනිජ තෙල් සංස්ථාවේ බලධාරියෙකුගේ වුවමනාවට බාල පෙට්‍රල් තොගයක්ගෙන්වූ බවට හෙළි වුවහොත් ඔවුන්ට දඬුවම් කිරීමට තමන් මැලි නොවන බවද ප්‍රකාශ කළේය.

http://www.lankatruth.com/sin/index.php/news/local-news/11592-2011-06-30-15-05-45

Edited by brw

Guys,

I pumped petrol (90 Octane) from Laugfs Kosawatta on last Sunday and didn't drive more than 5-6 Kms. I started the car this morning and felt a sort of abnormal vibration in my engine (I didn't start it after last Sunday). I stopped on the way and then started again and it seems to be normal (or may be I have get used to the vibration).

Could this be due to bad quality petrol?

Here what the minister says,who can expect justice

සමහර ඉන්ධන පිරවුම්හල්වල තෙල් ටැංකිවල තිබූ මණ්ඩි හා සමහර තෙල් ටැංකිවලට ජලය කවලම්වීම නිසා පෙට්‍රල් බාල වී ඇතැයි ඛනිජ තෙල් අමාත්‍ය සුසිල් ප්‍රේමජයන්ත් මහතා පවසයි. :violent-smiley-099:

පසුගිය පොසොන්සමයේ ඛනිජ තෙල් සංස්ථාවට අයත් පිරවුම්හල්වල තෙල්තොග අවසන් වී තෙල් ටැංකි අඩියටම සිඳී ගොස් තිබුණු බැවින් නැවත තෙල් තොග පිරවූ පසුවඑම තෙල් ටැංකිවල අඩියේ තිබූ මණ්ඩි උඩට පැමිණීමෙන් හා සමහර තෙල් ටැංකි වලට ජලය කාන්දුවීමෙන් තෙල් තොග මෙසේ බාලවී අතැයි ප්‍රේමජයන්ත් මහතා පැවසීය.

හදිසියේ ගෙන්වුවත් ගෙන්වා තිබෙන්නේ බාල පෙට්‍රල් තොගයක් නොවන බවද ඒවා සිය පරීක්ෂණාගාරවල පරීක්ෂාකර නියමිත ප්‍රමිතියෙන්යුක්ත පෙට්‍රල් යැයි තහවුරු කරගත් බවද ප්‍රකාශ කළ අමාත්‍යවරයා යම් ආකාරයකින් ඛනිජ තෙල් සංස්ථාවේ බලධාරියෙකුගේ වුවමනාවට බාල පෙට්‍රල් තොගයක්ගෙන්වූ බවට හෙළි වුවහොත් ඔවුන්ට දඬුවම් කිරීමට තමන් මැලි නොවන බවද ප්‍රකාශ කළේය.

http://www.lankatruth.com/sin/index.php/news/local-news/11592-2011-06-30-15-05-45

වැටත් නියරත් ගොයම් කා නම්.....

• Like 1

Agreed with that, so far, xtra premium and 95Octane fuel seams to be the best choise,

i myself have used Xtra premium and my dad used 95 Octane for his car,

and both seams fine.

for the time being, this is the best choice.

My garage guys said to use Soltron as well and it may help. But I guess using 95 + soltron would not hurt this time . Any comments ??

• Like 1

My garage guys said to use Soltron as well and it may help. But I guess using 95 + soltron would not hurt this time . Any comments ??

have the garage guys done tests with it or are they assuming soltron would help?

• Like 2

Hi,

I have Nissan FB-15 (Ex-Saloon) & fuel pump gone due to low-quality Petrol.

How much will be the price of an original pump?

I have now 34 litres of this fake petrol. Any news about compensation payment for Fuel & damaged vehicle?

Unluckily I don't have a receipt for this purchase of petrol.

Dim

have the garage guys done tests with it or are they assuming soltron would help?

i doubt these chaps have done any proper testing to say this. since soltron is seen as a cleaning agent by many i suppose folks just recommend it.

Even a major car agent is recommending to use fuel system cleaners with fuel to not get affected.

from what i've seen on tv...the contaminated fuel seem to have some water and also a heavier substance that settles down at the bottom of the vessel that holds it. I dont know how soltron or any other additive can simple make things better cos they were never designed to "clean" bad fuel.

Hi,

I have Nissan FB-15 (Ex-Saloon) & fuel pump gone due to low-quality Petrol.

How much will be the price of an original pump?

I have now 34 litres of this fake petrol. Any news about compensation payment for Fuel & damaged vehicle?

Unluckily I don't have a receipt for this purchase of petrol.

Dim

Yes, news said CPC will pay compensation for all vehicles affected. People are instructed to keep a lookout for flying pigs, no sooner one is spotted, we are to inform the CPC, after which they will start paying compensation.

Dont worry about the receipt.

• Like 2

Any idea from where this shipment arrived. I know in Nigeria they do this kinda monkey buisness. In fact they mix Jet A1 fuel with gas oil.!

How do you know that they mix fuel like that; while staying at Mahargama ??? are you working in some sort of an Intelligence network ??? have u ever been to Nigeria???

Edited by Binga Honda

i doubt these chaps have done any proper testing to say this. since soltron is seen as a cleaning agent by many i suppose folks just recommend it.

Even a major car agent is recommending to use fuel system cleaners with fuel to not get affected.

from what i've seen on tv...the contaminated fuel seem to have some water and also a heavier substance that settles down at the bottom of the vessel that holds it. I dont know how soltron or any other additive can simple make things better cos they were never designed to "clean" bad fuel.

My fathers car got affected by this problem and I removed the fuel pump yesterday night. No visible fuel contamination. I collected some fuel to a glass bottle and let it settle but it didn't show any layers or water. I guess as some guys said the fuel density is the actual problem. Not water contamination. Drained the fuel tank. Painfully slow procedure with 4 aquarium air pump tubing. When I gave direct power to the fuel pump for a few seconds it vibrated a little. Hoping for the best and gonna go get some 95 octane fuel. The biggest problem right now is I only have 1/4 tank in my car. Not the best way to go hunting for good fuel :(. Luckily enough my bike still has a full tank which I pumped about 2 weeks ago.

• Like 1

How do you know that they mix fuel like that; while staying at Mahargama ??? are you working in some sort of an Intelligence network ??? have u ever been to Nigeria???

are you seriously trying to defend Nigeria?

I was bieng a little sarcastic since some people think soltron is the magic bullet.

• Like 1

Yep. been to Nigeria. In fact been to more than 50 countries including to almost all of oil producing countries. And yes, that's first hand experience. And that's all I'm gonna give out, next time don't ask my name! :)

Edited by rover

Yep. been to Nigeria. In fact been to more than 50 countries including to all of oil producing countries. And yes, that's first hand experience. And that's all I'm gonna give out, next time don't ask my name! :)

Wow... looks like the Garandiya went over the tabletop spinning globe too... ;)

Yep. been to Nigeria. In fact been to more than 50 countries including to almost all of oil producing countries. And yes, that's first hand experience. And that's all I'm gonna give out, next time don't ask my name! :)

What do you do for a living Rover ?

are you seriously trying to defend Nigeria?

Why not... at the moment i am staying in Nigeria... and its a nice place... not much greenery though... and they have enough fuel... almost all the commercial buildings get power from Generators...

and Jet fuel mix with gas oil... i really do not know what he meant to say there :huh:

Edited by Binga Honda

I know who you are..you are Marco Polo..ha ha ...i found you.. :lol::D:lol::D:lol: