• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Ce 11O Fuel Consumption

hasmax

Dear all

Just bought a CE110 sprinter automatic transmission 98 make and got few issues related to fuel consumption. As i knew from my friends who are using the same cars , i had the impression that it will does around 14 on long distance run. Even the previous owner insisted that it does 14+ :angry: ( which of course i didnt believe, but frankly i expected it to do at least 12km/l in long run as my auto CR41 also does 10km/l in long run )

but sadly i found out that it just do 9.7 km/l on long distance running when i calculated it accurately and got shocked and felt so desperate as i bought this one just for the sake of fuel economy selling the superb N16 i had before :(

There was no traffic at all during the entire ride and i usually ride smoothly keeping the rpm between 1.5-2.5 ( mostly around 2 )so the driving style has no impact as i think. :rolleyes:

The car engine seems ok at the moment ( 140000km done anyway ) and other than this fuel problem it is in really good condition.

So just need to know few info from the experts in this forum

1) What is the avg consumption sprinter CE110 ( auto ) does in city run and in long run ?

2) What can be the possible causes i must attend to , for this if there is too much fuel usage ?

3) What must i do to get this thing fixed asap to achieve a better consumption rate ?

Hope u all will help me to sort this out. thanks in advance guys :alc:

Edited by hasmax

Dear all

Just bought a CE110 sprinter automatic transmission 98 make and got few issues related to fuel consumption. As i knew from my friends who are using the same cars , i had the impression that it will does around 14 on long distance run. Even the previous owner insisted that it does 14+ :angry: ( which of course i didnt believe, but frankly i expected it to do at least 12km/l in long run as my auto CR41 also does 10km/l in long run )

but sadly i found out that it just do 9.7 km/l on long distance running when i calculated it accurately and got shocked and felt so desperate as i bought this one just for the sake of fuel economy selling the superb N16 i had before :(

There was no traffic at all during the entire ride and i usually ride smoothly keeping the rpm between 1.5-2.5 ( mostly around 2 )so the driving style has no impact as i think. :rolleyes:

The car engine seems ok at the moment ( 140000km done anyway ) and other than this fuel problem it is in really good condition.

So just need to know few info from the experts in this forum

1) What is the avg consumption sprinter CE110 ( auto ) does in city run and in long run ?

2) What can be the possible causes i must attend to , for this if there is too much fuel usage ?

3) What must i do to get this thing fixed asap to achieve a better consumption rate ?

Hope u all will help me to sort this out. thanks in advance guys :alc:

Just a question. Isn't CE110 a Diesel car? Why are you comparing it with N16 for fuel economy?

Just a question. Isn't CE110 a Diesel car? Why are you comparing it with N16 for fuel economy?

ahh... yp. u got a point bro.. what i mean is that, by loosing all the comfort and the acceleration N16 had i moved to CE110 for the sake of saving money I burnt to feed the N16. But now it seems that i don't get more than Rs.1 save per KM according to current status. That's why i need to fix this issue asap. And CE110 has a good reputation for being economical as i know ( correct me if i am wrong )

hope u get what i mean now.. regardz bro :)

My car is Sprinter CE110 1997 XE Saloon Auto Transmission.

Average confirmed consumption is around 12.8km/l. (Analysis with Rs80,000 worth fuel)

I drive 50% on Galle road (55~85km/h) and other 45% @ 35~55km/h and 4% less than 35km/h and 1% over 85km/h

99.5% of the time I drive very calm manner.

I feel my 4th gear change usually at 85km/h.

AC is always on ECON mode and with lowest air flow (circulate) 85% of time. (I drive alone) 15% of time AC is at higher settings.

Service @ 5000km, engine oil Mobil Delvac 15W-40, Oil&Air filter VIC. (Planning on K&N Air filter next time)

My average fuel cost is less than Rs6/km and with about 16000km/year drive, cost is about Rs14.50 considering Full Insurance/Tire/Service/Green Test/License/Minor repairs/Wheel Alignment.

Finally I'm new to car thing.

Hope this helps :mellow:

i use to own a corolla g touring wagon it has the same diesel 2C engine as corolla ce110 it do 12-13 kmpl in long distances it average 10-11 kmpl.

are you recently service your car if not do a full service change atf fuel filter air filter oil filter and clean nozzles see if this works if not take it to a mechanic.

btw what engine this have 2C or 3C?.

Average confirmed consumption is around 12.8km/l. (Analysis with Rs80,000 worth fuel)

I drive 50% on Galle road (55~85km/h) and other 45% @ 35~55km/h and 4% less than 35km/h and 1% over 85km/h

AC is always on ECON mode and with lowest air flow (circulate) 85% of time. (I drive alone) 15% of time AC is at higher settings.

Service @ 5000km, engine oil Mobil Delvac 15W-40, Oil&Air filter VIC. (Planning on K&N Air filter next time)

My average fuel cost is less than Rs6/km and with about 16000km/year drive, cost is about Rs14.50 considering Full Insurance/Tire/Service/Green Test/License/Minor repairs/Wheel Alignment.

well abhiman bro.. it is glad to see your reply. U had took lot of effort to make it. My gratitude for you.

seems like u are luckier than me. If i had your consumptions, i could have been a lucky guy. i gonna meet my mechanic tomorrow and fix the things. thanks again for the reply. KIT

i use to own a corolla g touring wagon it has the same diesel 2C engine as corolla ce110 it do 12-13 kmpl in long distances it average 10-11 kmpl.

are you recently service your car if not do a full service change atf fuel filter air filter oil filter and clean nozzles see if this works if not take it to a mechanic.

btw what engine this have 2C or 3C?.

thanks a lot for the advices nexus buddy.

prv bugger has done service and 2000km more to the next service. He has done the filter changes that time also. but the nozzle thing... my friend also told about that, so i gonna check it out for sure. thanx for the tip. and it has 2C engine not 3C.

My car is CE110,auto 1997 (crystal light), I usually drive less than 10km per day and with that km, it does only 9~8kmpl, I too shocked with that figure yet I myself confirmed that it does 15~16kmpl in long run with AC on

Mate once a friend had a Allion which did around 5km per/l,after he checked the car with T#y#ta Lanka,what they said was that 1 of a 1000 cars would get a fault such as this,but in ure case its just a small difference,this could have been due to the previous owner not maintaning the car properly.

But what I cant understand is why the heck you changed from a N16 to this just for a few extra miles.

My car is CE110,auto 1997 (crystal light), I usually drive less than 10km per day and with that km, it does only 9~8kmpl, I too shocked with that figure yet I myself confirmed that it does 15~16kmpl in long run with AC on

aha.. well it is obvious that mine has a big big problem there.. thanx for the info and i must do something urgently then

Mate once a friend had a Allion which did around 5km per/l,after he checked the car with T#y#ta Lanka,what they said was that 1 of a 1000 cars would get a fault such as this,but in ure case its just a small difference,this could have been due to the previous owner not maintaning the car properly.

But what I cant understand is why the heck you changed from a N16 to this just for a few extra miles.

errr... is all ds cz mine was that 1 in 1000 in CE 110 series ?? :( and it is not a small difference bro.. all guys are telling it does around 14 and today now consumption rate reduced to 8.8km/L wt around 15 kms in colombo and all other in absolutely trafficless long run :(((((((((((( and prv guy has maintained oK as he has all the maintenance records and stuff. dunno what the hell is going on with my cars buddy. even the N16 does only 7 in colombo ( eventhough it was a manual one ). now i moved to toyota as people say they do good in fuel, but i was left with same outcome.. :(

Just a quick question, are you new to automatics? Cos there's a way of getting higher mpg from an automatic car by letting the box to change gears faster.

Plus, check the air cleaner as well.

well my mechanic knowledge is zero.. but i do maintain my all vehicles nicely. this one just bought and still untouched. I assumed it is better if i got some impression before moving for repairs. Can u explain that gear thing more detail pls ? i have never heard of it. thank for the air cleaner tip also.. :rolleyes:

well my mechanic knowledge is zero.. but i do maintain my all vehicles nicely. this one just bought and still untouched. I assumed it is better if i got some impression before moving for repairs. Can u explain that gear thing more detail pls ? i have never heard of it. thank for the air cleaner tip also.. :rolleyes:

You need to find out and be aware if rough rpm and speed of each gear change if your vehicle, not to be exact but rough approximations.

In any auto if you press little hard and getting to a speed and if you release the pedal lightly, the box will upshift.

wise versa if you kick down.Further It won't engage to the next if you're not close to the next gear change limit, say in terms of rpm and speed. If you do this in close range of gear change, box will immediately shift to next gear. But this won't happen the same way for overdrive.

Thought this method is popular among auto drivers. However, this won't work ( rather hasnt worked with me so far) in auto adaptive gearboxes with engine braking as itll engage engine braking the moment you let go of the throttle to expedite the gear change.

My father got a ae110 petrol sprinter manual

those days it did 12-13kmpl in the long run,

Frankly this was the only toyota model i liked and t hose days the 110's where worth the money (only 1.3million).

The car shared great memories so hats off to 110s

But in u'r case it might be a decrease due to it been auto but diesels do more for the liter than petrol,

So I think u'r engine is worn out the previous owner must have done the services all right but he must have driven it like he stole it,

But don't get fooled by what th seller tells u

if he tells 14kmpl it wont't be anything more than 12kmpl

You need to find out and be aware if rough rpm and speed of each gear change if your vehicle, not to be exact but rough approximations.

In any auto if you press little hard and getting to a speed and if you release the pedal lightly, the box will upshift.

wise versa if you kick down.Further It won't engage to the next if you're not close to the next gear change limit, say in terms of rpm and speed. If you do this in close range of gear change, box will immediately shift to next gear. But this won't happen the same way for overdrive.

Thought this method is popular among auto drivers. However, this won't work ( rather hasnt worked with me so far) in auto adaptive gearboxes with engine braking as itll engage engine braking the moment you let go of the throttle to expedite the gear change.

thanxx a lot buddy.. ur description was impressive. regardz

Frankly this was the only toyota model i liked and t hose days the 110's where worth the money (only 1.3million).

But in u'r case it might be a decrease due to it been auto but diesels do more for the liter than petrol,

So I think u'r engine is worn out the previous owner must have done the services all right but he must have driven it like he stole it,

ur opinion also confirms what others are saying.. which is.. thsi must do 12+ at least.. tnx for the reply n ll c what i can do 4 ds thing.

wow there is a Toyota you like afterall 'coughing' excuse me. :D

• 4 weeks later...

dear all.. an update for all caring replies u made for me. Bearing all facts you guys have arrived, i met the bass lokka and he came up with the issue that engine rev is dysfunctional. He showed it be with pressing the accelerator to the bottom but RPM hardly went above 2, means bad acceleration in deed. Then he open the diesel pump ( as I heard ). Previous owner had closed it maximally may be to reduce the fume. That was a temporary measure resulted in slight increase in pulling power. But what is sarcastic was there was no difference of the consumption after that. ( people say that it burns more fuel when u open that pump ).

I also got the chance to drive a CE110 of my friend which has done 154000km without any engine repairs and was surprised y the acceleration it had. It also does 14kmpl too. Compared to that mine is like a turtle. So I realized that there is some big issue going on in my car.

So few days back only I got the chance to put the car to garage for repairs. Still it is being repaired and mechanic decided to give a full scope review of all the parts in engine. ( injectors, nozzles, diesel pump, filters, gear box. etc ). So I hope it will be oki after the repair. I will keep you all friends informed of the progress I will get. Thank you all. Best Regards

i have KN air filter. if you want to try let me know.

I had petrol AE110 corolla manual gear one. it was doing about 11kmpl when colombo running with Full time AC on and long distance it was doing 17kmpl with full AC on. i love that car but i sold it for 1.425m.

Edited by Nilantha

• 2 months later...

Hi,

My boss did engine overhaul for 2C engine in his CR41 van and cost was Rs80000/- including spares and labor (about month ago). He replaced pistons, lot of bearings, did reboring and sleeve insert and replaced gaskets. (engine was in bad shape with lot of oil burning-about 500ml per 500km, very hard to start and did overhaul only when engine refused to start)

So I wonder what cost you 80k more. would you like to share?

My car is Sprinter CE110 auto with 2C engine. Although my engine is fine for now,(no oil burn, no smoke, around 12.6~13km/l), I' like to be armed when overhaul become necessary.

thanks.

Edited by abiman