• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Quick Trivia 3

Watchman

2 hours ago, Gummybr said:

Supposed to be better than the normal with a name like that, but its just a try to look more like the competition. 

Bye bye Ultra!

Correct! Good call  - expected it to be a bit confusing. Was it too easy? anyway you're up next! 

3 hours ago, matroska said:

Correct! Good call  - expected it to be a bit confusing. Was it too easy? anyway you're up next! 

Well the Tata came into mind but there were a few vehicle that would have had very similar faces.

Try this then gents, something different to what you see.

Triv001.jpg

Triv002.jpg

2 hours ago, Gummybr said:

Well the Tata came into mind but there were a few vehicle that would have had very similar faces.

Try this then gents, something different to what you see.

Triv001.jpg

Triv002.jpg

unless this is a tricky illusion of sorts this looks to be a modern version  of a HI-ghly successful vehicle in Sri Lanka that ACEd the local vehicle market. 

Edited by matroska
no harm in some puns

2 hours ago, iRage said:

quite a familiar sight on SL roads.

or one could say they were quite a familia sight 

2 doors were unpopular in SL since they made bad family cars until they became somewhat cool in the last couple of decades -despite that the 323/familia 2 door never really got the hype the EP82's enjoyed. (or the 1970's Corolla and Sunny coupes for that matter) 

image.png

11 hours ago, matroska said:

or one could say they were quite a familia sight 

Over to you !

As for the Familia....the main issue was they were very revvy engines. It felt rather weak and lethargic on the lower end of the rev range and you had to really rev it up for it to move along. In typical Sri Lankan mentality this translated to "thel karan naha". Believe it or not....at the time the Corolla (E80) and the Familia were the more advanced two cars in its segment (from Japan). 

1 hour ago, Gummybr said:

Thats a nice Special Division car. Very aerodynamic I would say.

Yup - correct the lights are distinct aren't they? Here's a decent looking specimen for sale on ebay where I cropped the photo from. I know there's one car in Sri Lanka - don't know if it's the only one though. 

13 hours ago, matroska said:

Yup - correct the lights are distinct aren't they? Here's a decent looking specimen for sale on ebay where I cropped the photo from. I know there's one car in Sri Lanka - don't know if it's the only one though. 

Aiyo you gave the answer in your reply, would have been nice if someone gave the correct answer. Yes there was pictures of one circulating on social media with the recent rally they did. Dont know how many are there though. 

• Sad 1

Its German and came in with a 2.6l 6 cylinder engine had a production run of 4 years and 145,000 built which is the highest for this model to be made before or after this model came in to being. The older or the predecessor ran for a period of 2 years and it was much more roundish. 

One more clue.... Down the line the brand had a few names later on based on where they were made and marketed.

This one is a big car, so thats another clue.

1 hour ago, matroska said:

arghhhh!!! How could I have forgotten it! Here I was rummaging through Americans !!! That's one Capitan Capital mistake I made! 

Right on Kapitan @matroska. Its none other than the Opel Kapitan P2. Not a very good looking car I must say. What made you think American?

Opel_Kapitän_1959_03.jpg

800px-Opel_Kapitaen_P_2,6.jpg

Triv001.jpg

Triv002.jpg