• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Quick Trivia 3

Watchman

On 5/3/2024 at 2:11 PM, matroska said:

Ok back to the trivia... 

A and B are different cars . One is found locally of the same generation as the picture.  A newer version of the other is found locally but I don't have evidence that the exact version in the picture exists. Identify both cars. 

image.png.947da536fd2a8aaa88d125ae9b1219ea.pngimage.png.dc1cb9e4b77499670b9d8516bd1c8b90.png 

A                   B   

Is A a Maserati Quattroporte?

Posted (edited)

Both of you are correct gentlemen. 

B is a Daewoo Nubira - pic taken off a classified. 

A is indeed a Quattroporte - I'm not sure if the particular version is available in SL - but a newer generation is. 

Since it's 50-50 who'd like to take the next turn? 

@Gummybr @Duan27

image.png.e90e8d63463b317addb6e124dc2e496c.png

Edited by matroska

1 hour ago, matroska said:

Both of you are correct gentlemen. 

B is a Daewoo Nubira - pic taken off a classified. 

A is indeed a Quattroporte - I'm not sure if the particular version is available in SL - but a newer generation is. 

Since it's 50-50 who'd like to take the next turn? 

@Gummybr @Duan27

image.png.e90e8d63463b317addb6e124dc2e496c.png

@Duan27 shoul go ahead

2 hours ago, Gummybr said:

@Duan27 shoul go ahead

Alright then : )

Screenshot2024-05-06at6_22_44PM.png.630c4793adf1e801d288f015752daeed.png

This one's arguably somewhat similar in a few aspects, to one of the cars which appeared on this thread just a while ago. 

On 5/6/2024 at 6:28 PM, Duan27 said:

Alright then : )

Screenshot2024-05-06at6_22_44PM.png.630c4793adf1e801d288f015752daeed.png

This one's arguably somewhat similar in a few aspects, to one of the cars which appeared on this thread just a while ago. 

Celica? but I'm a bit confused by some details. 

5 hours ago, matroska said:

Celica? but I'm a bit confused by some details. 

Yep that's right!

And yea my bad, should've used a better pic. Was thinking of adding more pics if it took too long for anyone to reply.

Screenshot2024-05-08at8_49_57PM.thumb.png.894b9df760c7acbb0cd4025265a1a67d.pngThe TRD bodykit makes it look a bit more generic ig. Good eye either way, and over to you @matroska!

6 hours ago, matroska said:

ok then this should be easy 

image.png.d52e6c5bec5343e3e5200da6624587bf.png

image.png.3d5990a22fe408eee03e2ed0c231bd5b.png

Aha....Ford's first "world car"...I believe the name is a play on the Latin word for word...Mundus.

It was only a few weeks ago that I learnt that Ford still sold it in China (in sedan form too) whilst the rest of the world got it scrapped and replaced by crossovers. It's quite a smart-looking car, too...I suppose the world car is now a China car. So does that make it the Sinaedeo now?

I think the Mondeo's appeal dropped once it became bland because Ford just started making it a fleet car.

image.thumb.png.8254022ca65b709766628f151515863f.png

image.thumb.png.a216e117ce95fd2771bbc3ed461091ad.png

• Like 1

On 5/10/2024 at 2:53 PM, iRage said:

Aha....Ford's first "world car"...I believe the name is a play on the Latin word for word...Mundus.

this is correct. It is Ford Mondeo. 

I was not aware it was sold in China - and that Mondeo Looks nice as well.  I was under the impression that the world ceased to exit for the world car. Several cars around locally - possibly b/new imports at the start of the century. 

It's your turn next. 

1 hour ago, iRage said:

image.png.e4d88071631888d8b48b15e3a30148b2.png

would have stumped me if I did not have an inno64 scale model of this :) this is the Wagon variant of the 9th iteration of a legendary car that kept 'evolving' for a while. 

13 hours ago, matroska said:

would have stumped me if I did not have an inno64 scale model of this :) this is the Wagon variant of the 9th iteration of a legendary car that kept 'evolving' for a while. 

I dont mind having one of them, never knew there was a wagon version of this. I will take this or a one of those Galantly Vr's as I am a sucker for wagons.

13 hours ago, matroska said:

Over to you !

A Lancer Evolution Wagon it is ! The local car has been making its rounds on FB the last few days...

image.thumb.png.660717d4686286c905a940b6a229800c.png

54 minutes ago, Gummybr said:

never knew there was a wagon version of this

Yupp...they were wonderful enough to do this (CT9W). Think it was there for 2 model years (?). It was released along with the Evo IX. At the same time the Cedia Wagon (then later Lancer Wagon) had some sporty trims as well. The prefacelift (2000-2003?) had a RalliArt version with a 1.8 turbo charged engine in FWD form. When the Evo wagon was introduced they dropped the RalliArt for the standard wagon and retained the usual Sport Touring grades which were more about cosmetics and some slight suspension tuning.

49 minutes ago, Gummybr said:

never knew there was a wagon version of this

1 hour ago, Gummybr said:

I dont mind having one of them, never knew there was a wagon version of this. I will take this or a one of those Galantly Vr's as I am a sucker for wagons.

this happens to be my Inno64 model  - took the pic on a Negombo beach a couple of years back. 

image.thumb.png.ea932d03e062e62e924eafddd1688970.png

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, matroska said:

ok then here's the next one which should be fairly simple 

image.png.e278f003d25ad2110c667ab8971f0ab0.png

Oh I know I know must SWIFTly IGNIte itS old zuki or you need to JUSTYfy baru. Commonly found with the old 1300cc 4 pot and rarely the sport tuned 1500cc, but it ran a 1600 is the Super1600 series?

16 hours ago, Gummybr said:

Oh I know I know must SWIFTly IGNIte itS old zuki or you need to JUSTYfy baru. Commonly found with the old 1300cc 4 pot and rarely the sport tuned 1500cc, but it ran a 1600 is the Super1600 series?

Correct! The Swift Ignis 2 door that comes with the 1.5 L engine it is! I expected the lack of the rear passenger door to slightly confuse you guys. Few around in SL and in manual form. Never driven one personally - expect it to be more engaging than the 1.3L auto. 

image.thumb.png.9ae80ddc6fb4ffe0a4cab7441d1aee68.png

Edited by matroska

52 minutes ago, matroska said:

Correct! The Swift Ignis 2 door that comes with the 1.5 L engine it is! I expected the lack of the rear passenger door to slightly confuse you guys. Few around in SL and in manual form. Never driven one personally - expect it to be more engaging than the 1.3L auto. 

image.thumb.png.9ae80ddc6fb4ffe0a4cab7441d1aee68.png

Doesnt have a whole load of power, I think @iRage talked about it somewhere. Anyways those Suzuki's dont need an awful lot of power to be enjoyable.  

Have a go at this, I want to see how you guys are conversant in relatively old (50 years) vehicles.

Triv01.jpeg

Edited by Gummybr

1 hour ago, Gummybr said:

Doesnt have a whole load of power

Well...the 1.3L had about 80hp and the 1.5L about 105hp. They were quite common power figures for JDM engines of the period. Here is the thing though...in Japan the 3 door was sold only as the Swift Sport (i.e. the first Swift Sport - I think). So the 3 door variant available in Japan had about 115 (?) hp.

Yeah...these cars didn't need power to be fun. They were light and nimble and with wheels on the edge of each corner they felt like little go-carts.

• Like 2

On 5/16/2024 at 9:23 AM, Gummybr said:

ave a go at this, I want to see how you guys are conversant in relatively old (50 years) vehicles.

Triv01.jpeg

Ok what's baffling me is this grille/shell  is very much like the first generation of a very popular van globally and especially in Sri Lanka  that came in a quad lamp configuration. But I have only seen it with quad lamps. 

1 hour ago, matroska said:

Ok what's baffling me is this grille/shell  is very much like the first generation of a very popular van globally and especially in Sri Lanka  that came in a quad lamp configuration. But I have only seen it with quad lamps. 

What if I say this model / name was discontinued in the 1970's and a newer model came with a different name?