• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Waiting Time For Brand New Vehicles

kmart

Well waiting time issue is not only there for viva. When comes to vehicle's A*W bring such as alto, estilo, A star waiting time is much more, from what i heard some times more than 5+ months. One of my uncle had ordered A star on march and still not recieve it. So seems issue there for all new cars.

From a certain perspective all of this sounds like madness. Surely in a time of economic austerity there will be a surplus of vehicles at the manufacturer not a shortage. I can understand a 3 month delay if you want some special features, but cars like the Maruti Alto, 800, Viva Elite are selling like hot cakes so why can't these idiots keep vehicles Ex Stock. I think UniMo ad AM* must have capital issues.

And I agree with Watchmen, no matter what an invoice might say, the law of the land overrules all such conditions. Consumers have statutory protection against non delivery of goods. Companies act in this way only because people are willing to put up with this shit. Frankly I will import a Viva straight from Malaysia if that is what it takes and take the risk of not having a warranty. I am sure the money I save from not paying UniMo their mark up will cover the cost of any repairs and servicing the car during the non existent warranty period.

• Like 1

From a certain perspective all of this sounds like madness. Surely in a time of economic austerity there will be a surplus of vehicles at the manufacturer not a shortage. I can understand a 3 month delay if you want some special features, but cars like the Maruti Alto, 800, Viva Elite are selling like hot cakes so why can't these idiots keep vehicles Ex Stock. I think UniMo ad AM* must have capital issues.

And I agree with Watchmen, no matter what an invoice might say, the law of the land overrules all such conditions. Consumers have statutory protection against non delivery of goods. Companies act in this way only because people are willing to put up with this shit. Frankly I will import a Viva straight from Malaysia if that is what it takes and take the risk of not having a warranty. I am sure the money I save from not paying UniMo their mark up will cover the cost of any repairs and servicing the car during the non existent warranty period.

'The Don',

Very good post.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this thread is pretty much dead, but I went with a friend to Unimo to buy a Viva and they gave him a waiting time of two weeks. The car is here in less than that. Weird, no?

I guess after the massive sudden big in the last few months, they might have ordered some ex-stock too

I guess after the massive sudden big in the last few months, they might have ordered some ex-stock too

Un*Mo has ex-stock Viva 850 ones. Their selling price is 13/50 :D But as i found on a site Viva 1000CC is more fuel efficient than Viva 850. (By a very little margin)

Link - http://www.myperodua...ndex.php?page=7

Edited by kmeeg

Un*Mo has ex-stock Viva 850 ones. Their selling price is 13/50 :D But as i found on a site Viva 1000CC is more fuel efficient than Viva 850. (By a very little margin)

Link - http://www.myperodua...ndex.php?page=7

Sounds like a bargain to me considering what the old second hand Peroudas are still selling in the market !

• 1 month later...

Have you got your car now? If so, when you ordered and When you got, Is there any extra charges you paid?

Got by early September (ordered by end of April). Paid Rs. 7500/- for registration and Rs. 5000/- for withholding tax. That's all.

What's withholding tax? I'd never heard of this tax this Viva deal came around

I asked what is the breakdown for extra payment of Rs. 12500/-, then they told me Rs. 7500/- for registration and Rs. 5000/- for withholding tax.

I have seen this at NSB head office too. At the wall back of the counter.

Edited by Nirosha

I asked what is the breakdown for extra payment of Rs. 12500/-, then they told me Rs. 7500/- for registration and Rs. 5000/- for withholding tax.

I have seen this at NSB head office too. At the wall back of the counter.

Did some googleing and found this;

http://www.inlandrevenue.gov.lk/wht.html

But its got a bit too many 'financial' words and terms.. maybe someone from the business/finance line can put it in laymen terms..?

This is inland revenue charge on specific goods which Unimo has to remit quarterly.

Cant help with this 5000/= bro..you have to pay..

Is it just unimo? i guess not, right?

And from what I understood its charged from the seller, Which makes me think Unimo is passing off THEIR taxes onto customers.

Is it just unimo? i guess not, right?

And from what I understood its charged from the seller, Which makes me think Unimo is passing off THEIR taxes onto customers.

All the sellers are charged that from customers. Best example is credit cards. Even though bank says they don't charge extra from the customer but the seller, the seller charge it from the customer. I am not aware of overseas.

All the sellers are charged that from customers. Best example is credit cards. Even though bank says they don't charge extra from the customer but the seller, the seller charge it from the customer. I am not aware of overseas.

Oh yeah, I've always wondered on the legitimacy of the sellers charging 2-3% more if its a credit card transaction. I've seen it mostly in Uniti Plaza. I've seen it in S'pore, but in the rare occasion they have a minimum purchase amount of about $10 for a credit card transaction.

In my opinian they cant charge that type of tax from us.Coz it is witholding tax.In invoice they say registration free and later they charge.This cmpanies whole system is full of shit.Its time to take some kind of action against them.

Wait, so its not even ON the invoice???? Whatever tax that's charged should always be on the invoice, even if you goto a resturant you'll get your VAT and service tax specifically mentioned...

Why are SOME viva buyers such pushovers? seriously?!?? I bet their wives sent them off that morning saying "Don't even think of coming back into the house without bringing me a Perodua Viva Elite Pearl Jade STD!!"

• Like 1

In my opinian they cant charge that type of tax from us.Coz it is witholding tax.In invoice they say registration free and later they charge.This cmpanies whole system is full of shit.Its time to take some kind of action against them.

Hi,

You are right!! imo they cant charge it from the customer.Just check how the WHT reflect in the invoice??

is it appear as a payable to Inlnd rev. or something else??

Btw i think in the quatation they reflect the registration charge as a payable in very small font. :D

sad part is no one wants to take action against such idiots...

cheers