• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car's Below 3Mil

Sha7

Hi Guys,

I’m gonna sell my FB15 and buy something new for 2.4 – 3mil. Following are my options,

• Toyota 121
  • Mazda Axela/3
  • Toyota Yaris
  • Toyota Vios
  • Suzuki Swift
  • Mazda Demio
  • Toyota Vitz

What other cars are there in the range? Saw some nice KIA cars on road. Any idea?

How about Mazda Axela maintenance? (I love the car :rolleyes: )

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Sha7

Hi Guys,

I’m gonna sell my FB15 and buy something new for 2.4 – 3mil. Following are my options,

• Toyota 121
  • Mazda Axela/3
  • Toyota Yaris
  • Toyota Vios
  • Suzuki Swift
  • Mazda Demio
  • Toyota Vitz

What other cars are there in the range? Saw some nice KIA cars on road. Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Go for the Axela mate. Nice looking & also the good performance of it out of those models. Also it's your favourite one so it will make you pleasure on driving too.

Wow .. what a reception for Axela! Blows the competition away .. or so it seems .. :violent-smiley-099:

Anyhow, saw in last week's papers that Hyundai Accent 2011 is 2.8+Vat and Elantra 2011 is 3.3+Vat from the agents.

Might be a good option for some of you looking for a BN vehicle (along with slightly more expensive Fords from the new agents).

Anyhow, saw in last week's papers that Hyundai Accent 2011 is 2.8+Vat and Elantra 2011 is 3.3+Vat from the agents.

Made in India

Might be a good option for some of you looking for a BN vehicle (along with slightly more expensive Fords from the new agents).

Ford Fiesta (Made in Thailand) is pretty good in terms of options and looks.

By the way mate.........

What is your requirement of a vehicle and what are your priorities.

Few examples.

1. Just moving from A to B

2. Performance and quick acceleration

3. Fuel economy

4. Resales value

etc.....

If you can mention these, people can advice you better. Otherwise they seem to suggest their preference or dream car to you.

• Like 1

By the way mate.........

What is your requirement of a vehicle and what are your priorities.

Few examples.

1. Just moving from A to B

2. Performance and quick acceleration

3. Fuel economy

4. Resales value

etc.....

If you can mention these, people can advice you better. Otherwise they seem to suggest their preference or dream car to you.

Good point varunatech,

1. This will not be a daily running vehicle as I’m a biker :jumping-smiley-013:
  2. Maintenance should be minimal b’cos I don’t have much time
  3. Happy with Average fuel economy
  4. Driving pleasure should be there – But still I’m happy with my FB 15 :rolleyes:
  5. Resale value – If I can sell without a loss that’ll be enough

Hi Guys,

• Toyota 121
  • Mazda Axela/3
  • Toyota Yaris
  • Toyota Vios
  • Suzuki Swift
  • Mazda Demio
  • Toyota Vitz

Thanks in advance.

Toyota Yaris/Toyota Vios not good at all,

121 is the best

I used a Mazda 3 Sport in England for about a year and I just loved it! It was fast, had exciting looks there are two drawbacks to consider. The boot space is less than an average Jap car, and it was a bit heavy on the fuel. The sport is a 2.0l which I mainly used on the North Circular at non-traffic hours and it was about 25% more expensive to run than my previous Pug 206. It is not relevant experience here, perhaps, but the principles could be the same. When I came to SL I wanted to get another one but many folks warned me off it and they moaned about the agents, cost of maintenance and the difficulty to resell. I know a bit about cars so I didn't care too much abt agents and as far as I know, the Mazda 3 is a reliable car so I didn;t care too much abt the cost of spares. As a foreigner I don't want a car that I won;t be able to sell if and when I leave, so I'm scared of cars with reps of being difficult to sell. When searching for a car about 4 weeks ago, I was in Nugegoda and there was a large unreg. car showroom, a truly huge place, can't remember the name though. He had an Axela and i was soooo tempted and I did my usual bartering system:

i glanced at it and then

He said: "you don't like a mazda axela"

I said : "not particularly"

He said: "why? its a good car and this is in mint condition"

I said : "mmm...nah, everyone says to avoid Mazda in Sri Lanka" and then, here's the kicker

he tutted loudly and said, while contorting his face in a world is on my shoulders sort of way: "I took it on as a part exchange and I can't get rid of it"

I won't bore you with the rest of the dialogue because it turned toward road conditions and the effect of them on babies, but I thought I'd share this. I don't agree with the idea, cos I'm a mazda fan, but this is my experience.

The models you are considering, I considered also while shopping a month ago and I narrowed it down to the yaris 1.3, but I found it totally devoid of character, no offence yaris-owners, so I went for a vitz RS and I lurve it. Not as much as the Mazda tho. If I was Sri Lankan and were going to live here for the rest of my conceivable future, i would definitely have bought one.

Hi Guys,

• Toyota 121
  • Mazda Axela/3
  • Toyota Yaris
  • Toyota Vios
  • Suzuki Swift
  • Mazda Demio
  • Toyota Vitz

Thanks in advance.

If U can stretch the budget to about 3.2or slightly more u can find a slightly used (1yr old) korean cerato or elentra

they r very nice cars compared to the list

and from the list i'd recomend the yarris 1.3 docs r selling them at lower prices than the 1.0 beltas

If U can stretch the budget to about 3.2or slightly more u can find a slightly used (1yr old) korean cerato or elentra

they r very nice cars compared to the list

and from the list i'd recomend the yarris 1.3 docs r selling them at lower prices than the 1.0 beltas

One problem I know about doctors is that they are not good car maintainers nor good drivers :angry-smiley-024:

but there are exceptions too

One problem I know about doctors is that they are not good car maintainers nor good drivers :angry-smiley-024:

but there are exceptions too

True mate, and the 'doctor owned' tag will increase the cars value no matter what condition its in. <_<

Out of your list I would go for the Axela, its one of the best cars in that budget range and probably better than the 121. I dont think maintenance will be a big issue as there are plenty of cars and parts around.

True mate, and the 'doctor owned' tag will increase the cars value no matter what condition its in. <_<

Out of your list I would go for the Axela, its one of the best cars in that budget range and probably better than the 121. I dont think maintenance will be a big issue as there are plenty of cars and parts around.

The axella should be better than the 121 as it is a competitor for the allion, and it's better looking than it too

but the only thing is when u go to sell it the axella is pretty hard,

and also the interiors that i've sen in the locally used(brand new bought) yaris s look better than beltas coming recondition,

and the paintwork is completely restored by the car sales so can't comment on the exterior

But the best car i'd recomend for that price is a Audi A4 old TDi about 65- or early G*- nombers.

By the way it's a good decision of the OP to sell his FB15 now as they are selling at ridiculously high prices these days

Edited by toyota sucks

What about Honda fit aria.....2007 or 2008 one

Problem with Fit-Area is that there's something wrong with design of rear half of the car :angry-smiley-024:

To me it seems very ugly that i even don't like to consider the option.

why dont u go for a Corolla 122(Luxel)?

Corolla (Luxel) is a good choice. :) Someone should sell a one in good quality at the correct price and correct time. There are not many Luxels around :(

Edited by Sha7

Wow .. what a reception for Axela! Blows the competition away .. or so it seems .. :violent-smiley-099:

Which paper? I think Accent is made in India (they call it Verna). But Elantra may be from Korea, not sure.

Did some changes to my list..

Removed Vitz and added X-trail and HRV

• Toyota 121
  • Mazda Axela/3
  • Toyota Yaris
  • Toyota Vios
  • Suzuki Swift
  • Mazda Demio
  • Nissan X-Trail
  • Honda HRV

This is harder than i thought. There's no decent car to buy in 2.5-3 mil range :angry-smiley-024: :angry-smiley-024:

• Toyota 121
  • Mazda Axela/3
  • Toyota Yaris
  • Toyota Vios
  • Suzuki Swift
  • Mazda Demio
  • Nissan X-Trail
  • Honda HRV

This is harder than i thought. There's no decent car to buy in 2.5-3 mil range :angry-smiley-024: :angry-smiley-024:

mate, 1st prioritize your requirements as to what you are expecting from the car u gonna buy, then go and check out those cars what you have shortlisted, and take a test drive and decide for your-self. I am sure you can find a decent car for your budget. Good luck :)

I would say the mazda axela/3 unless comfort is a priority. It looks great and is a pleasure to drive on good roads. Although a small bump really shakes the car. After driving one on a weekend trip I had a neck/back ache by the end of it.

If comfort is a priority, then go for a vios, 121, or yaris.

I have driven all those said vehicles except for the HR-V and Demio.

• Toyota 121
  • Mazda Axela/3
  • Toyota Yaris
  • Toyota Vios
  • Suzuki Swift
  • Mazda Demio
  • Nissan X-Trail
  • Honda HRV

I would go for Mazda Axela/3 or Mazda Demio...

and also X-Trail & HRV is in different league than about list. X-Trail might be a better choice there :)