• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Probably The Worst In Sl, Pc After Sales Service @ Pc Ho#se

cmxjn

ok i (actually my dad) once bought a assembled computer from PC house around 2002-2003

and even at that time the custormer service was Horrible..

after that in 2003 agaun we bought another from Extreame computers.. till now.. all the computers i bought assembled is from there and im happy with there custormer service.

and as for laptops. the best place is the Colombo Tech Zone. the Kandy branch after sale custormer care is horrible as well

i have repaired few laptops from Tech zone till now from the colombo branch and im really satisfied.

hey Schiffer how bad is the kandy brunch tech zone customer service? it's like pc house? the reason i'm asking this from you is i'm going to buy a gaming rig from them it's a good idea to buy from them or it's a bad idea any suggestions?.

Edited by nexus

hey Schiffer how bad is the kandy brunch tech zone customer service? it's like pc house? the reason i'm asking this from you is i'm going to buy a gaming rig from them it's a good idea to buy from them or it's a bad idea any suggestions?.

well the kandy branch manager is my friend. and trust me. ur gonna hate him after speaking for a while.

well its not that worse as PC house. but not 100% good as well. i got pissed at him when i fixed my laptop under warranty there..

but since its not going to be branded, its gonna be okay i guess..

Check your PM mate

Can someone please recommend a place for me to repair a laptop?? my problem is not powering on and the brand is Acer..

Thanks in advance.

Acer done by Metropolitan. I bought my laptop from them and their after sale service etc are very good compared to others. Best thing to do is carry the laptop to their workshop. You can get a quotation before repair it.

what you say is true when comparing same spec assembled one and branded one but the point i making is for the same price you paying to branded one you can buy a higher spec assembled one and it will be faster.

yes, but that doesn't mean it will be a "better" computer.

For many years I couldn't understand people buying Macs, because spec-for-spec, there were way more expensive than Windows based

computers (assembled or branded) - but my next will be a Mac... :)

(it's not a direct analogy, but my point is that speed, or tech specs, are not the only criteria for selecting a computer)

Srilanka is still a developing country we cannot expect the develop counties service and the integrity here. this is my opinion.

A lot of people in our country share the same opinion with you. I believe poor customer service in Sri Lanka is 'mostly' the fault of consumers rather than the service providers. There are too many of us who think we cannot expect a better service in Sri Lanka. Since the consumers (in general) accept things as it is, there is no need for them to invest on customer service training for staff, buying tools etc. We need more products hitting the floor in front of other customers. Eventually the services will improve.

Schiffer - Thanks for recommending a place with good customer service. I wish Extreme computers had an outlet in Colombo.

Srilanka is still a developing country we cannot expect the develop counties service and the integrity here. this is my opinion.

A lot of people in our country share the same opinion with you. I believe poor customer service in Sri Lanka is 'mostly' the fault of consumers rather than the service providers. There are too many of us who think we cannot expect a better service in Sri Lanka. Since the consumers (in general) accept things as it is, there is no need for them to invest on customer service training for staff, buying tools etc. We need more products hitting the floor in front of other customers. Eventually the services will improve.

Schiffer - Thanks for recommending a place with good customer service. I wish Extreme computers had an outlet in Colombo.

'volvo4life',

In Srilanka few people know that the Consumer protection authority is there to handle consumers complains I have got their services for last 20 years even before the authority was formed few years ago.There is a very well known supper market chain three times they have sold me bad chicken when ever I complain to them they send me the cost and get what they have sold back. There is another Baker they sell outdated chocolate roles in Colombo this had happened to me number of times at last I complained the matter to municipal authority who handle food they finally paid the fine.

We should not allow to sell substandard products for the consumers.If they do not replace or give the money back we can complain to Consumer protection authority.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• 2 weeks later...

'volvo4life',

In Srilanka few people know that the Consumer protection authority is there to handle consumers complains I have got their services for last 20 years even before the authority was formed few years ago.There is a very well known supper market chain three times they have sold me bad chicken when ever I complain to them they send me the cost and get what they have sold back. There is another Baker they sell outdated chocolate roles in Colombo this had happened to me number of times at last I complained the matter to municipal authority who handle food they finally paid the fine.

We should not allow to sell substandard products for the consumers.If they do not replace or give the money back we can complain to Consumer protection authority.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Sylvi, Thank you for mentioning the Consumer Protection Authority. Improvement of customer service is the result of 'us' demanding a better service.

In addition to product related issues, there are service related issues that are not always serious enough to report to the authorities but is frustrating to customers. Eg: taking too long to complete a job. In such cases, (I've found that) expressing our displeasure in front of other customers really drives the message to the people behind the counter / desk.

Edited by volvo4life

Guys, for Branded stuff like HP, Dell, Toshiba, Lenovo...............always go to their authorized representatives in the country. Their price may be high, but they will not send it to Singapore for repairs and they will give you much better service. If they do not, you can always complain to the parent company and get a resolution.

And when you are buying overseas, make sure the warranty does apply here. Some International warranties has exceptions. Hope this helps.

Those problems were with samsung laptops. aren't they branded stuff? They boast that they (P# Ho#se) are agents for those laptops.

the best place from my experience is John Ke#ls.. the toshiba agents.

i remeber my brother got a laptop from dubai i think around 2004 or 2005.

He got a 3 yr extended warranty. 2 weeks before the warranty expired the computer crashed.. all we had to do was to take it 2 John ke#ls.

the repair took about 3 weeks as the model was not offered in SL so they had to get da parts down.

the Motherboard was gone, the RAM was messed up and harddisk too and also the screen had a play.

This computer was hacked.. it had fallen twice and all that. and the cracks were visible... more than that he had not registered for warranty online.

So keels asked for the purchase receipt thats it. DONE

the repair cost was close to RS 200,000.

We didnt have to spend a cent.

I think only HP and Toshiba have authorised agents in Sri Lanka who will honour an international warranty. You can verify this by going to the manufacturers website and checking for authorised service service centers. I know Acer does not list a service centre in Sri Lanka and neither does Dell. I am not sure of Lenovo. Dell was never any good with international warranties but that has always been their policy.

My best experience of international warranty claims have been with Megadynamics when they were the authorised service centre for Compaq. I do not know the current situation as this was a number of years ago.

When I was a student, I worked in Unity for a bit with friends so I know quite a lot of the people there so I get reasonable service. But I know the type of underhand tricks some of these guys pull. The last decent computer shop there was Data Masters but even that had succumbed to PCH the last time I went there. There is a small shop called Multi media station on the 3rd floor, not very posh but run by an honest chap who I know quite well, so go there for repairs and message me over here if you have any problems with them. They however don't sell computers or parts, that business is no longer profitable for smaller guys because of big players like PCH, MiTech, Baclays and so on ....

I think only HP and Toshiba have authorised agents in Sri Lanka who will honour an international warranty. You can verify this by going to the manufacturers website and checking for authorised service service centers. I know Acer does not list a service centre in Sri Lanka and neither does Dell. I am not sure of Lenovo. Dell was never any good with international warranties but that has always been their policy.

My best experience of international warranty claims have been with Megadynamics when they were the authorised service centre for Compaq. I do not know the current situation as this was a number of years ago.

When I was a student, I worked in Unity for a bit with friends so I know quite a lot of the people there so I get reasonable service. But I know the type of underhand tricks some of these guys pull. The last decent computer shop there was Data Masters but even that had succumbed to PCH the last time I went there. There is a small shop called Multi media station on the 3rd floor, not very posh but run by an honest chap who I know quite well, so go there for repairs and message me over here if you have any problems with them. They however don't sell computers or parts, that business is no longer profitable for smaller guys because of big players like PCH, MiTech, Baclays and so on ....

Yeah Compaq's DMS is quite good. My office laptop battery got courrupted in about 10 months and i gave it DMS as they are the agents. They just took a copy of the receipt as it was purchased from laptop.lk (laptop.lk said take it up with the agents). The battery was out of stock at DMS and in about 5days DMS got one down from Singapore. No hassel at all.

I thought Asus was good to buy internationally cos epsi are the agents here.

turns out to get warranty service from epsi for a laptop with international warranty (i.e. not purchased from epsi or their authorized agents) we have to pay labour - in the case of my wife's laptop hard disk - pay 3500+VAT to replace a 250GB hard disk - was cheaper, faster and less brain damage to buy a new hard disk and replace it myself

if I had taken/sent the laptop to singapore the hard disk would've been replaced for free though, but not worth the effort.

I thought Asus was good to buy internationally cos epsi are the agents here.

turns out to get warranty service from epsi for a laptop with international warranty (i.e. not purchased from epsi or their authorized agents) we have to pay labour - in the case of my wife's laptop hard disk - pay 3500+VAT to replace a 250GB hard disk - was cheaper, faster and less brain damage to buy a new hard disk and replace it myself

if I had taken/sent the laptop to singapore the hard disk would've been replaced for free though, but not worth the effort.

Sifaan,

I paid rupees 4500.00 from U/P Bamba for a 500 GB H/D with three year guarantee.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

Just thought of sharing what i have experienced, I will always encourage to buy a branded PC/Laptop from the local agent itself, I mean if you are living in SL buy from SL itself, We try to get a better price and always fetch stuffy from Dubai or S'pore claiming with an International Warranty, Ultimately when it comes for a repair all our Saved cash is wasted on travelling, calling & spare parts. Check the #####, plenty of fellows are there who will bring down spare for you at a better ++ rate :)

Removing a Laptop is simple, Guys check You tube videos, Its simple as that to remove a laptop. get to know your laptop before you take it for a technician, or else they will talk about the jargon and mess your head. My experience with Acer is that the Battery doesn't last long, Also always have a proper pattern on charging the Laptop, it will have a long lasting battery life.

In general branded laptops and pc are well priced in SL and its reachable by average person :) Hope this will be helpful

Cheers!!