• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Is The Best Car Around 1.5 Million..

arun-online

Question

hey friendz... i am going to buy ma first car.. around 1.5 million..

willing to do some modifications.. spoiler, beat baral..etc. bt nt that much.

these are the things that im lookin for..

1. resale market
  2. fuel efficiency
  3. less maintenance cost
  4. little bit Sporty
  5. Comfort
  6. safety

how abt sunny fb 14. is it worth of buying..Lancer ck2... is it economical..thn what is the best choise..

please help me...

Edited by arun-online

friends i got a fb14.. yom 98, red light, hb-8XXX. crystal lights, manual .. owner says 16.35... what do u think... ? which cost should i ask for.... help mee... :sport-smiley-027: :sport-smiley-027:

thankz.. :)

that is the going price these days. just make sure the car is in good running condition and check the maintainance reports as well.

coz the b14 can be hectic if its not maintained properly

• Like 1

thankz machan... hw is fb14 doin on fuel in both Auto gear and Manual gear...

auto gear one do 7-8kmpl in city and 11+ in outstations manual one do 8-9kmpl in city and 12+ in outstations all of those figures are with ac and bit of heavy footed driving.

• Like 1

well nexus got it spot on. and i got nearly 14-16Kmpl without AC once in my auto.but my usual is around 9-12 depends on how i drive.

keep the car in low revs and dont bother about re-overtaking the person who over took you and you can get more :D

• Like 1

b14 can be hectic if its not maintained properly

Spot on. !!

I have first hand experience in owning a poorly maintained FB14. It was my first car and didn't know a damn thing about car's when buying it. Since the 'Car guru relatives' in my family insisted in buying a Toyota or Nissan ended up buying it. Have to say from the outside it looked gracious. But the, engine, gear box, A/C, Suspension, charging system and everything started to fail one by one and in the end, i did repairs on everything except the cooling system. I was reluctant to directly sell it to some person due to it's shitty condition and ended up selling it to some car sale guy. Saw it on sale the next day for 1.2 lakhs more than he paid me and it was gone within 2-3 days. The burden was transferred again to some poor chap like me.

@arun-online That was the story of a FB14 bought in 2005 !! so, you better be careful with your purchase coz, that's a story which is almost 7 years old !!

Some known issues that you should check before buying would be;

1) Condition of shocks and suspension, FB14's are well known for recurring suspension problems.

2) Engine, Gear oil leaks. the car has relatively low ground clearance so, oil sumps tend to knock on ground easily resulting in leaks.

3) Condition of CV joints, Hub racers etc.

4) Condition of A/C Compressor. it's known to produce a deadly Krrrrr sound and then get busted.

Then again, i must say that since the spare parts are plentiful and since almost every tom and dick running an auto repair shop knows inside out about this model, repairs would be cheap. and on the contrary i think this is the reason why some FB14's are in such shitty conditions coz, quality doesn't come cheap right?

• Like 1

Spot on. !!

I have first hand experience in owning a poorly maintained FB14. It was my first car and didn't know a damn thing about car's when buying it. Since the 'Car guru relatives' in my family insisted in buying a Toyota or Nissan ended up buying it. Have to say from the outside it looked gracious. But the, engine, gear box, A/C, Suspension, charging system and everything started to fail one by one and in the end, i did repairs on everything except the cooling system. I was reluctant to directly sell it to some person due to it's shitty condition and ended up selling it to some car sale guy. Saw it on sale the next day for 1.2 lakhs more than he paid me and it was gone within 2-3 days. The burden was transferred again to some poor chap like me.

@arun-online That was the story of a FB14 bought in 2005 !! so, you better be careful with your purchase coz, that's a story which is almost 7 years old !!

Some known issues that you should check before buying would be;

1) Condition of shocks and suspension, FB14's are well known for recurring suspension problems.

2) Engine, Gear oil leaks. the car has relatively low ground clearance so, oil sumps tend to knock on ground easily resulting in leaks.

3) Condition of CV joints, Hub racers etc.

4) Condition of A/C Compressor. it's known to produce a deadly Krrrrr sound and then get busted.

Then again, i must say that since the spare parts are plentiful and since almost every tom and dick running an auto repair shop knows inside out about this model, repairs would be cheap. and on the contrary i think this is the reason why some FB14's are in such shitty conditions coz, quality doesn't come cheap right?

true. ive used a FNB14 and now using a FB14

the FNB14. it gave me tons of trouble.. and at last sold it for 250k less.

the FB14 i bought it around 5 months ago.

the idiot previous owner have changed the CV joints and break pads, and have used the cheapest ones.

therefore the break pads ended up as rust plates and damage the piston of the calipers. So therefore had to change the front calipers.

and will have to change the right CV joint soon too

also i had to replace a new power steering rack and a master pump.

even though the car has low ground clearance. the previous owner drove the car like a rally car.

but like u said, spare parts are easy to find, just have to make sure to buy the correct one.

after i fixed most of the things in the car. it runs great now though. and i did put bigger wheels to get a bit more ground clearance.

• Like 1

thankz of the help friendz.. i got a another fb14 98 auto model.. bt there is no batches on dickey of the car.. i mean Nissan logo and super or ex saloon logos are nt there.. owner says he change the dickey due to rust in spoiler area. since the is no logos... can it be nt in the original paint.. & hw much can i ask to reduce the cost.. u kno.... ;)

thankz of the help friendz.. i got a another fb14 98 auto model.. bt there is no batches on dickey of the car.. i mean Nissan logo and super or ex saloon logos are nt there.. owner says he change the dickey due to rust in spoiler area. since the is no logos... can it be nt in the original paint.. & hw much can i ask to reduce the cost.. u kno.... ;)

you consider about there's a chance this car have had an accident from behind and the owner have to replace the dicky and lying about this rust problem if i was you i double check this car and the super saloon or ex saloon badge is come between tail light and rear bumper not on dicky door i don't know the prices of them but finding them won't be hard.

Edited by nexus

arun-online,

Dear member for last ten days or more valuable advice you have received for the thread you started by experienced A/L members.

I personally advice you to go for a new car by adding little more money. Because you can get 100% finance or close to that today and you will have trouble free running for next 500000 Kilometers or more.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

a Indian swift VXi.. YOM 2006..silver color.. K*-****

owner says 1.65million. 80k on odo.. what do u think about this.. is it worth to buy... help me friendz.. :)

Personally I think this is a good buy. Most important thing here is to take a test drive and see if you can live with the hard suspension. Take a bumpy road for the test drive and listen out for strange noises as this is the biggest issue with this car. Also see if you can get the price down to 1.6 and update us with progress.

• Like 1

Personally I think this is a good buy. Most important thing here is to take a test drive and see if you can live with the hard suspension. Take a bumpy road for the test drive and listen out for strange noises as this is the biggest issue with this car. Also see if you can get the price down to 1.6 and update us with progress.

owner says 1.65 bt seemz ill have 2 spend another 30k fo minor body repairs.. when i try autolanka for shift vxi 2006/2007, going prise is abt 18.50. so i wz very happy with the value i got. anyway 80k on odo.. for an indian car.... what do you think... frnd of mine has the same model does 16km per ltr...

owner says 1.65 bt seemz ill have 2 spend another 30k fo minor body repairs.. when i try autolanka for shift vxi 2006/2007, going prise is abt 18.50. so i wz very happy with the value i got. anyway 80k on odo.. for an indian car.... what do you think... frnd of mine has the same model does 16km per ltr...

Quoted prices does not always indicate actual selling price so don't go by that :) Get it valued by De Silva motors if in doubt. What type of body repairs does it need ? 80K on an Indian car does is a little on the high side so you can expect issues with things like suspension but the parts are comparably cheaper. Whatever the car get it inspected by a professional before you commit to buying !

• Like 1

Quoted prices does not always indicate actual selling price so don't go by that :) Get it valued by De Silva motors if in doubt. What type of body repairs does it need ? 80K on an Indian car does is a little on the high side so you can expect issues with things like suspension but the parts are comparably cheaper. Whatever the car get it inspected by a professional before you commit to buying !

sure bro... ill try to go fo 1.6m.. what are da differences jap model and Indian model.. other than engine and prize. and up to 2011 new swift model.. has the car been changed..2006 to 2010.thankz..

Edited by arun-online