• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

My New Baby 2012 Project Car

blkr6

That`s going to be a tight fit dropping in a v6 in there isn`t it (looks like the tiny stock motor itself is no having too much free room in that bay)? is this a popular conversion over there?

Thought about cooling and the effect on handling mate? (nose getting lighter due to extra weight at back? couldn't that happen?)

Sylvi, thanks and i live in Virginia

MrCat, i could do a 3sgte Swap but its going to cost me some $$. since i have a v6 engine and its actually lighter than the 3sgte (2.0 Turbo) i thought of doing a the v6 swap. i am hoping it wont effect too much on the handling. its going to be a very tight fit but its a very common swap and if i supercharge its sound nicer too.

MrCat, i could do a 3sgte Swap but its going to cost me some $$. since i have a v6 engine and its actually lighter than the 3sgte (2.0 Turbo) i thought of doing a the v6 swap. i am hoping it wont effect too much on the handling. its going to be a very tight fit but its a very common swap and if i supercharge its sound nicer too.

Virginia Huh? Then why does your "Location" say "Kottawa, Sri Lanka" I wonder?

MrCat, i could do a 3sgte Swap but its going to cost me some $$. since i have a v6 engine and its actually lighter than the 3sgte (2.0 Turbo)  i thought of doing a the v6 swap. i am hoping it wont effect too much on the handling.  its going to be a very tight fit but its a very common swap and if i supercharge its sound nicer too.

Can't see the point in putting a V6 and supercharging it when you can just get the 3SGTE car and up the boost.  Easy simple mod that will walk your V6 with a SC all day long and twice on Sundays and to top that off for half the cost without screwing up the balance of the car not to mention the 3SGTE is a bulletproof engine.

@Mani, i agree, my friend had a 91 Celica Gts turbo all-trac and aboused the shit out of it. i was thinking about the V6 route because i already have the engine and lots of parts for it, and the supercharger gonna come way further down the road.

@ meangreenz28 brobably not, i dont attend any car meets but i do attend motorcycle meets. lives in Mclean VA. i come by baltimore all the time to go to Crazy Rays to find parts for my projects.

well MG have a mean arse kawasaki...ticking one too so quite possibly he attends bike meets too...

'blkr6',

I lived in Minnesota 20 years ago.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

I lived there 200 years ago in then Minnesota Teretory. I call it Teretory because then it was not the 'state of Minnesota' at that time and I do not want to confuse the honorable forum users.

I found on the internet the history of Minnesota.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Minnesota

Dear Mr. Sylvi, which part of Minnesota did you live. Maybe we were neighbors.