• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

De-Modding A Crx. :)

heavyD

Yeah I know it happens when you're in the wrong gear, but what exactly causes the noise? I also hear it when the radiator water level is rather low. (That happened in my old Sunny too.) And now after this engine oil issue, it seems to happen in almost every gear. Is that cause the engine is running hot?

Maybe cus there is not enough Oil to circulate. Check all your gaskets and including your head gasket.

Your posts are kind of confusing, are you running with engine oil level lower than the optimum level?? If so, that really is bad for your engine life, you would know that already lol. And mixing one oil type on top of another is also a bad idea. And also check your gearbox oil levels and refill ;)

And the noise you can't really say, you would have to show it to a professional. Why not just take to Staffords or some place just to get an idea what are wrong and what's happening with the car. And fix them somewhere else ;)

Your posts are kind of confusing, are you running with engine oil level lower than the optimum level?? If so, that really is bad for your engine life, you would know that already lol. And mixing one oil type on top of another is also a bad idea. And also check your gearbox oil levels and refill ;)

No no no, I'm running proper levels according to the dipstick. :D And I didn't mix the two oils, they drained the old oil out at the service and then refilled it with the new oil.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, who would be a good mechanic to take me Honda to? I'm not reading good things about the guy in Malabe. Is Varuna at Kesbawa good?

Zackie Ismail is the man for Honda's I think. Did you get the other issues resolved? I do think if oil burn happens at high RPM it probably is the valve seats that need replacing but there is no harm replacing the rings as well as they are probably pretty worn now.

Zackie Ismail is the man for Honda's I think. Did you get the other issues resolved? I do think if oil burn happens at high RPM it probably is the valve seats that need replacing but there is no harm replacing the rings as well as they are probably pretty worn now.

Well the other issue was the oil leak and my mechanic attributes both to worn rings. The thing is he's recommending I replace the engine instead of repairing it, which I'm not too keen on.

I reccomend Zakie too,or perhaps Nadeera at Kotikawatte...

BTW hows the de-modding going?I'd love to see a pic..if not here,on FB maybe?

I had to halt the de-modding because I kinda quit my job last month. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Update: I took the car to Nadeera's garage the other day. Very helpful chap. He suspected that the fuel wastage was probably a carb issue and that the loss of oil was due to the leak. Took the distributor apart and found out that the seals had gone. He repaired that and it's ok for now.

However as we talked he said that the engine might need a rebuild - which is not an issue. The carbs, if beyond repair, would be an issue, due to the lack of parts. The other option is to replace the engine. He suggested a single cam d15b vtec engine, and the conversion would cost me about 150k.

Rebuild or replace the engine?

Update: I took the car to Nadeera's garage the other day. Very helpful chap. He suspected that the fuel wastage was probably a carb issue and that the loss of oil was due to the leak. Took the distributor apart and found out that the seals had gone. He repaired that and it's ok for now.

However as we talked he said that the engine might need a rebuild - which is not an issue. The carbs, if beyond repair, would be an issue, due to the lack of parts. The other option is to replace the engine. He suggested a single cam d15b vtec engine, and the conversion would cost me about 150k.

Go for a D15b V tec man.

• Like 1

Since your main motivation is to De mod, rebuild the engine :) If you have to replace, replace like for like. I am sure you can still source a carb repair kit for these engines, though you might have to source it from overseas. These dual carb engines still has many fans.

Go for a D15b V tec man.

Replace. Go for the D15B Vtec :) You get about 30 hp more than the dual carb set up :) and also it would be economical than the dual carb (*depends on the way it's being driven)

I was thinking the same thing guys. Any idea where I can start looking for a good engine? :)

Since your main motivation is to De mod, rebuild the engine :) If you have to replace, replace like for like. I am sure you can still source a carb repair kit for these engines, though you might have to source it from overseas. These dual carb engines still has many fans.

As much as I'd like to keep it the way it is Don, an efi engine sounds kinda appealing. Some garages simply refuse to repair carb engines. Plus I might be able to get a newer engine and a power gain is always welcome. :)

IMO an upgrade to a vtec is very worthy...hehehe me = fanboy. :D

Dude... Pics! We'd really like to see the thing, even with the rice lol. :)

LOL...don't force him machan...ol' D will come out of the ricer closet when he is ready...It must be quite hard to adjust to his new life style,poor fellow...long live Dumin da! :P

Dude... Pics! We'd really like to see the thing, even with the rice lol. :)

I haven't taken any pics of it yet.... :D But I'll post them up the moment I do.

IMO an upgrade to a vtec is very worthy...hehehe me = fanboy. :D

LOL...don't force him machan...ol' D will come out of the ricer closet when he is ready...It must be quite hard to adjust to his new life style,poor fellow...long live Dumin da! :P

The worst part is, other ricers seem to appreciate it!! It's like I've joined a club or something.... I'll never live this down. :D

I saw few d series engines at us autoparts,wadduwa recently. If i remember right they said around 65000 for single carb(d15b3) and 20k additionaly for vtec.(this was about 5months back)

That's good news. All the more reason to head over to their shop this weekend.