• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fuel Injector Cleaning Fluid

hatharasinghe

Question

dear all

does fuel injector cleaning fluid work well is it worth or the best thing to cleaning it at garage if any particular good brands in srilanka pls updates as lot of ads telling its good and improve performances such as fuel economy and emissions quality. :speechless-smiley-004:

Hi, I have done fuel tank additives, fuel line direct feed and also ultra sonic cleaning of injectors.

Ultrasonic injector cleaning is the best for the cleaning of the injector it self, and also the fuel spray tests they perform gives you a good idea of the state of the injectors.

However the above technique does not clean the entire fuel system from the tank, lines, intake valves, and throttle body and all.

There are few good products (BG, 3M, WURTH to name a few) you can use with professional assistance and apparatus. Out of the above three, I have my personal preference but feel that I should not mention in the forum. If you send me a mail I can help you with my experience.

Usually the tank additives clean the tank to injectors, but good if you have a relatively a cleaner system and you use it as a house keeping.

Direct fuel line feds are good.

Air intake feeders actually does not clean injectors, but will help to clean your throttle body, intake manifold and vales. Which are essential components in the total equation.

Hope this helps.

hi.... i used wurth on ma fb14 yesterday. in da can it says mix 1 can with 50 ltrs of petrol.. bt at da moment there was abt 25 ltrs in tank and i jst mixed wurth. seller said itz ok no harm.. will it damage engine parts.... :sport-smiley-027:

hi.... i used wurth on ma fb14 yesterday. in da can it says mix 1 can with 50 ltrs of petrol.. bt at da moment there was abt 25 ltrs in tank and i jst mixed wurth. seller said itz ok no harm.. will it damage engine parts.... :sport-smiley-027:

In the first place why does people in Sri Lanka does not follow manufacturer recommendations. In the WURTH can it is mentioned in simple English. Do not buy what the seller says, do they know how the internal combustion works, or how the closed circuit fuel system of your car works, does he know the content of the wurth can..... :mellow:

Fill up the gas tank ASAP. And if your gas tank has less than 50L capacity (I think so for the FB14), yu can do simple math and add the respective amount of the additive. Thanks to wurth, it has a nice cap which fastens nicely.

You are lucky, the BG product for fuel tank addition is far aggressive, and the usual way is once added you pump fuel on top of it for better mixing.

Also please note that all these additives are extremely flammable, should not be inhaled, consumed, contact with eyes or skin.

I have seen in filling stations "Sltron" is available, is it a good product and what does it do?

Soltron is a fuel additive, which claims it has a catalytic effect on the fuel combustion, generating higher energy and minimizing emissions.

The following two links shows the explanations and some tests carried out by a Japanese institute and University of Moratuwa.

http://www.soltronlanka.com/test.htm

http://www.soltronlanka.com/products.htm

I have not conducted and kmp/l tests using Soltron, but did use once or twice on a ageing 275,000km car.

By the way I have some other information.......my wife works for a manufacturing company where they use a boiler in the factory which runs on furnace oil.

They have started using Soltron (the furnace oil version) and following are two observations were made.

1. They had an increase in efficiency, leading to less consumption of furnace oil.

2. In Friday they shut down the boiler and start on Monday. Usually they have difficulty of firing the boiler on Mondays as it has cooled down. After using soltron it has become a much lesser problem and boiler has fired more easily.

Overall there has been a saving as my wife analyzes the savings too.

Please note I have no intention on Promoting soltron, I have not conducted any tests or I have no personal observations. But the above mentioned are true as my wife is also tech savvy and vehicle/engine fan and was responsible for the efficient running of the factory with minimum cost.

Valvoline works great as well. Any of the bigger brands alwasy seem to work. Or if you ask Bugatti, he will swear by Tolune... ;)

Normally I pop in a bottle of valvoline in the tank whenever I drive out of Colombo.

Edited by VVTi

I'm using Soltron for quite some time and it has very low effect on my car. But I can tell you that it's giving me like extra 1KM/L advantage when using it. But my father is using it on his motor bike (Honda CD 125 Benly) and it gives further more effect on the bike. He's so happy with the effects. I'm thinking additional 1KM is better than nothing :medium-smiley-037: .

Well, As I have noted in one of the previous threads; many vehicle manufacturers are against using additives and have said it would cause more damage than good.

I was going to buy BG44K from Pitstop; but didn't go for it after reading that.

Hiran, the reputed additives are used by vehicle manufacturers at their service points. I did research about these products in detail before using any. I found that in US, EU and Aus.....service stations do add additives and use cleaners even without notifying the customer. I did this fact finding many moons back, if I find the links I will post. As my memory serves BMW, VW, Mercs, Toyota, Ford all uses them.

I am not marketing, but my favorite is BG products.

Hope this helps you...........

Hiran, the reputed additives are used by vehicle manufacturers at their service points. I did research about these products in detail before using any. I found that in US, EU and Aus.....service stations do add additives and use cleaners even without notifying the customer. I did this fact finding many moons back, if I find the links I will post. As my memory serves BMW, VW, Mercs, Toyota, Ford all uses them.

I am not marketing, but my favorite is BG products.

Hope this helps you...........

Thanks for the info.

So, have any of you used the BG44k and could you post your experiences. Thanks!

Thanks for the info.

So, have any of you used the BG44k and could you post your experiences. Thanks!

Yes few times, I have, I did identify a slight carbon build up and a resulting Pre ignition knock. A very slight one which only a car enthusiast will hear. I did use BG44K, added it to a 60L capacity tank, while I am at the Petrol station. Then filled the tank drove off. When the tank is 2/3 empty I did refill again. Say after 250km of driving the Pre ignition knock went low and later disappeared.

For a heavily carbonized engine of a friend, I did use the "BG Air Intake System Cleaner" and BG44K and the problem got resolved.

After that I do throw a BG44K once in a while in my current vehicle as a preventive measure. Usually that is what service agents in US do usually.

Other products may work, like 3M, Valvoline, SEAFOAM, WURTH, Abro to name a few and to be impartial.

Edited by varunatech

I got the injectors in my allion cleaned up with wurth carb and injector cleaner today. runs pretty smoothly now.

I used abro earlier but the car seemed to idle a bit rough after that. and the garage owner who did the cleaning today advised me against using abro. But I think it all depends on how new your car is.

I got the injectors in my allion cleaned up with wurth carb and injector cleaner today. runs pretty smoothly now.

I used abro earlier but the car seemed to idle a bit rough after that. and the garage owner who did the cleaning today advised me against using abro. But I think it all depends on how new your car is.

Dude, What is the procedure, simply adding the cleaner to the tank or do we have to remove the injectors and clean them??

first the mechanic removed the injectors cleaned them from them outside. then he attached a tube to the top end of each injector, sprayed the fluid into the tube and pressing down with his thumb to maintain a higher pressure. then using two wires he attached to the connectors on the injector earlier he gave it power using a normal car battery and repeated the process several times.

first the mechanic removed the injectors cleaned them from them outside. then he attached a tube to the top end of each injector, sprayed the fluid into the tube and pressing down with his thumb to maintain a higher pressure. then using two wires he attached to the connectors on the injector earlier he gave it power using a normal car battery and repeated the process several times.

Powering the injectors manualy through a car battery sounds pretty scary as there is potential for somethig to go wrong !

Isnt this the exact thing done using an ultrasonic machine in a more controlled manner ?

I wont trust a mchanic to fiddle with the injectors as you have stated ! U must be a brave guy :)

Edited by bogzy

Guys, the injectors are very sensitive devices. The best practice is handling them in a dust free environment and holding with tweezers. All parts has to be handled professionally.

Then the best cleaning is by using Ultrasonic cleaning bath. Then followed by the flow pattern test.....................

The above method and man handling the injectors shivers me.

WoW.............

Guys, the injectors are very sensitive devices. The best practice is handling them in a dust free environment and holding with tweezers. All parts has to be handled professionally.

Then the best cleaning is by using Ultrasonic cleaning bath. Then followed by the flow pattern test.....................

The above method and man handling the injectors shivers me.

WoW.............

Actually, they do not need 'that' kind of treatment... after all they do sit on top of a hot, dusty, dirty location. But they need to be treated carefull when handling and when it comes to connecting it to outside power sources.

I have removed the 6 injectors in my BMW and Alfa and taken them in a bag to ANSU, had them cleaned and brought and installed with no issues or 'shivers'... :)

what you bugger. You sound like a little girl :)

Shivering over 'man handling' injectors... :)

Edited by VVTi

Actually, they do not need 'that' kind of treatment... after all they do sit on top of a hot, dusty, dirty location. But they need to be treated carefull when handling and when it comes to connecting it to outside power sources.

I have removed the 6 injectors in my BMW and Alfa and taken them in a bag to ANSU, had them cleaned and brought and installed with no issues or 'shivers'... :)

what you bugger. You sound like a little girl :)

Shivering over 'man handling' injectors... :)

Need to differ, the injector outer is rugged, but still well protected. The interior of the injector is very sensitive to particles in air and also for any contamination. It is a delicate device, treating it with respect can be useful...............that is my two cents..................:)