• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Macbook Pro And Imac

there is a brandnew mackbook for 120k (13.3 Inch/2.4ghz Intel Core 2 Duo/2gb Ram/250gb Hard)

I think this might be a 2010 model (not sure). is it worth the price?

Think you might be able to get a newer one (i5) for that price from HK, definitely from the States.

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_mac/family/macbook_pro?aid=AIC-WWW-NAUS-K2-BUYNOW-MACBOOKPRO-INDEX&cp=BUYNOW-MACBOOKPRO

HI,

I'M ALSO USING A MACBOOK PRO. I'M REALLY ANNOYED THAT I HAVE TO GO A INTERNET SHOP EVERY TIME I NEED TO USE "WORD" OR "EXCEL". IS THERE ANYWAY I COULD GET IT DOWNLOADED TO MY MACBOOK?? CAN I GET A FREE VERSION ONLINE? OR IS THERE AY PLACE OVER HERE WHERE I CAN BUY IT?? :)

Thought it came preloaded? Or you can use Open Office

http://www.openoffice.org/porting/mac/

HI,

I'M ALSO USING A MACBOOK PRO. I'M REALLY ANNOYED THAT I HAVE TO GO A INTERNET SHOP EVERY TIME I NEED TO USE "WORD" OR "EXCEL". IS THERE ANYWAY I COULD GET IT DOWNLOADED TO MY MACBOOK?? CAN I GET A FREE VERSION ONLINE? OR IS THERE AY PLACE OVER HERE WHERE I CAN BUY IT?? :)

Why don't you install 'Office for Mac'? 'Home & student' is about 12k & 'Home & Business' is about 20 k at Future World. Cheaper If you buy your Mac from them.

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/buy

IMO Paying a premium for a macbook is well worth it.

It takes a bit of getting used to but after a while you realize things are organized way better and after awhile it seems second nature to have everything the way it is.

For the average home user its a bit of a premium but if you enjoy products that have been designed well, you'll love you Mac. Everything runs much faster and is so well thought out. I'd gladly pay the premium just for that.

Usually I run through laptops every two years or so, however its been about three years since I bought the macbook, and I haven't felt the urge to upgrade. (Other than having to replace the power adapter and having the non-slip backing fall off; the hardware's in good shape- fingers crossed)

I don't see why you say you'd have to pay extra for stuff, for the average home user everything that comes bundled in is IMO quite adequate. I think I payed an extra $100 to get all the spreadsheet, presentation and word-processing software I needed, but think it was a good deal for what I payed. Besides there's so much good quality freeware out there (GIMP comes to mind for example), I'm pretty sure you'd be able to source what you need for free if you spent some time on their forums.

• Like 2

HI,

I use the intregrated software that came pre-loaded, and it works seamlessly. I rather think it works better than the MS versions. It cost $100 to get in included at the time of purchase. I'm not sure how much it would come to after-market; but its well worth it.

Also the apple store offers 'office suite' for mac. Never used needed to use it, for as I said, I prefer: page, numbers and keynote. But its there if you want it. See the link below for details:

http://store.apple.com/us_smb_78313/product/H2437LL/A/microsoft-office-for-mac-home-and-student-2011-family-pack?fnode=MTY1NDA0OA

Edited by Kavvz

I use the intregrated software that came pre-loaded, and it works seamlessly. I rather think it works better than the MS versions. It cost $100 to get in included at the time of purchase. I'm not sure how much it would come to after-market; but its well worth it.

Also the apple store offers 'office suite' for mac. Never used needed to use it, for as I said, I prefer: page, numbers and keynote. But its there if you want it. See the link below for details:

http://store.apple.c...node=MTY1NDA0OA

Keynote is far cooler than powerpoint!

using that more and more and most people are blown away by it :)

• Like 1

Keynote is far cooler than powerpoint!

using that more and more and most people are blown away by it :)

Most people are blown away by crappy cell phone pics. :rolleyes: Face it man, most people are idiots. The "most people" justification for things is just terrible.

HI,

appearently there is a major problem with the caps lock keys on the Macbook Pro. OP should look into that.

• Like 3

Most people are blown away by crappy cell phone pics. :rolleyes: Face it man, most people are idiots. The "most people" justification for things is just terrible.

have you compared a keynote presentation vs a powerpoint one?

have you compared a keynote presentation vs a powerpoint one?

I'm critiquing your justification, not your product :P

Although I will say, some of it does have to do with the user. I put together a PP presentation back in 96 that no one would believe was PP, thought I had done some video work in.

getting back to the topic, i wish i could buy both macbook pro and imac becuase its really diffcult to choose between the two..

it should be pretty easy. one is mobile and the other isn't.

depending what your usage is...that itself can be a cutout point

it should be pretty easy. one is mobile and the other isn't.

depending what your usage is...that itself can be a cutout point

yeah, but the thing is I wanted to buy something for home use, so i was planning to get the imac, but after checking out the current models/prices etc,etc, the MB pro also got stuck in my head. Already have a office laptop (junk) for work. so its really hard to decide between the two...

Would have thought it would be real easy for you. You just want it as a social accessory to look posh. Like buying a car for the "push start" and Wanker mirrors rather than what it can actually do. So just buy whatever does that. Its not worthwhile debating the merits of whichever system over so shallow a requirement.

I don't think Ripper is the right guy to advise you, he actually uses his for work. It's like those boys who want a body kit and fart canon on their Civics going to Zackie for advice.

• Like 1

+1 to Peri...Unlike nice sexy boys like our Ripper ,who uses his for work and is a genuine fan, most people buy macs and other apple products to look cool and to fit in with the apple crowd,99% are total douchebags...best to use a mac OS for a few hours and see if it suits you.

+1 to Peri...Unlike nice sexy boys like our Ripper ,who uses his for work and is a genuine fan, most people buy macs and other apple products to look cool and to fit in with the apple crowd,99% are total douchebags...best to use a mac OS for a few hours and see if it suits you.

hapoi! :) i'm still trying to figure out whether that was a compliment or an insult! :D

yeah, but the thing is I wanted to buy something for home use, so i was planning to get the imac, but after checking out the current models/prices etc,etc, the MB pro also got stuck in my head. Already have a office laptop (junk) for work. so its really hard to decide between the two...

Well if its the cool part you are looking for go for the mac.

But you do realize that you can install mac os on a PC right ?

If Its features of the mac os you are after i'd say you are much better off with buying a normal laptop designed to run windows and installing mac os on it.

All you need is retail copy of the mac os you want, and a couple of other softwares to make your hackingtosh. Just saying, would be a hell of a lot cheaper that way ;)

hapoi! :) i'm still trying to figure out whether that was a compliment or an insult! :D

I called you a nice sexy boy!What more do you want? :P ..Also you are totally handsome,I've seen the way supermodels and Prius owners go weak in the knees when they see you...please don't flood my FB with Steve Jobs' pics again...pleeeese! :D

Viewing Autolanka today on the wife's iMac. Beautiful machine ...when I cross the office to my Dell PC it will seem like going back to an earlier century. The Mac sorta feels "seamless" when u use it. I'm still on a learning curve, though, with the Mac...it IS different. You know, you've got me thinking, it's the quality of the screen image that really gets me on the Mac, it's superb. Gotta go now, she want's the machine back...sob, sob, sob.....

PS It's the lack of cables hanging around all over the place I like, too.

PPS The Windows for Mac works real good, too, too.

• Like 1