• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Aqua 2012

SUV

Dear all,

Is there anyone who has purcahsed the new toyota aqua (Hybrid) and tested its fuel efficiency? They say that it does 40 km/l but I need to make sure if that is the case.

Regards

SUV

I don't think that anyone has yet bought the Aqua, although have seen a couple of Prius V's in Colombo. Toyota has recieved orders for more than 10 times the actual production output so there is a long backlog for orders in Japan. Since it's launch in Dec 26th upto Jan 31st they have recieved 120,000 orders. So it will take few more months until we see them here.

Toyota claims it's fuel efficiency is 35km/l. Being a regular traveller between Colombo and kandy on a 2nd gen prius I was getting 25km/l. So I can say with confidence that the Aqua will do atleast 30km/l or more. And I'm sure we are going to see lots and lots of Aquas on our roads by the end of the year.

The Japanese govt fuel economy test rates the Aqua at 35-40 kmpl. The much more difficult U.S. govt fuel economy test rates it at 53mpg=22kmpl.

The aqua that claims to do 40 km/l is the base L version. its doesn't even have power windows in the the back. even a v8 land cruiser would do 40km/l if it only came with the engine and the wheels.

Lets look at the G or S version, the version people here would actually buy. what do they return? 37 km/l according to "government tests"

and how does an average prius stack up against these figures? it does 35.5 km/l

So all this trouble just to get 1.5 km/l extra even at your hypermiling zenith. and the price for this amazing-ness. 4.2 million as I saw in the papers yesterday -_-

There is one car ex stock, asking price Rs. 4.8 Mn, which I feel is on the high side considering you could get a Prius for the same price or little more.

Thats brand new, zero millage . But with all the Hybrid lower tax I expected it to be lesser.

The aqua that claims to do 40 km/l is the base L version.

Lets look at the G or S version, the version people here would actually buy. what do they return? 37 km/l according to "government tests"

Would you cite the source of your info?

I am under the impression that the two Aqua fuel economy numbers are from the two different fuel economy tests (JC08 mode & 10-15 mode) the Japanese govt put the Aqua through, and not so much because it was an 'L' or an 'S' version.

Edited by Californikan

In major markets the Aqua/Prius C is positioned as the Prius's smaller, cheaper, entry-level younger brother and priced accordingly at about $3000 - $5000 less than the Prius.

The 4.2-4.8 million asking price in SL is probably opportunistic sellers price gouging the first Aquas to hit the market in order to extract maximum $$$ from early buyers.

Edited by Californikan

Would you cite the source of your info?

I am under the impression that the two Aqua fuel economy numbers are from the two different fuel economy tests (JC08 mode & 10-15 mode) the Japanese govt put the Aqua through, and not so much because it was an 'L' or an 'S' version.

Oh californikan! I thought you know this information by heart. or at least mutter it repeatedly in your sleep. anyway here's the link http://toyota.jp/aqua/001_p_001/spec/spec/index.html

• 2 years later...

1. Damn...searching for 'Aqua' on the forums brings up way too many threads.

2. Reason I did the search.

OMG ! Omg! There is going to be an Aqua owners gathering on Sunday !!! I didnt think there would even be an Aqua owners club in the first place.

• Like 1