• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Allion 260-Glass Stuck

Push110

Question

Hi, I am using a Toyota Allion 260. It's onky 3K km done. Y'day I rolled down all glasses when I get in to remove the heat. then I rolled up all.

But the glass at Driver's side went all the way up dis-locating the groove. It went up more than 1-2 inches wrt to usual. Then I just make it down about 5 inches. Now its in dis located position.

I want to know how to remove the door panel?. I did remove the arm rest and there was one screw there. removed the triangle near the mirror. afraid to go ahead since there could be more to remove before pulling the panel out. Any clues please?

post-46644-0-13123900-1331089861_thumb.j

post-46644-0-26983600-1331089907_thumb.j

I don't know what's up with these allions. both of the front window winders in mine failed and I'm replacing the 2nd one tomorrow for 12500 recon, which me and the electrician assumed was caused by rain water leaking in or some idiot holding the button for too long. then there's the a/c compressor which coupla people said will need replacing around 35000 kms. So I'm glad mines going to a new home soon

heard that a Axio/121 compressor is close to 200K new, is that true?

heard that a Axio/121 compressor is close to 200K new, is that true?

People are just quoting unearthly prices for these things cos they are difficult to find. the craziest I heard was 180k for an allion 240 compressor a few years ago. another said it'll be 130k for an original 260 unit.

anyway one guy promised me he can fit an original allion 260 compressor when mine goes bust for 65k. but he told me the best option would be to fit a more robust 121 compressor for 25k

Well, when I had the p11, getting a compressor for it turned out to be a nightmare. Contrary to popular belief, some Jap parts are very hard to come by.

One reason I have turned to more popular Euros is that parts are very easy to come by on Ebay and the range of OEM parts are very wide.

Edited by VVTi

Well, when I had the p11, getting a compressor for it turned out to be a nightmare. Contrary to popular belief, some Jap parts are very hard to come by.

One reason I have turned to more popular Euros is that parts are very easy to come by on Ebay and the range of OEM parts are very wide.

I guess its probably because our Aiyyas run the junk yard business in Japan and they haven't quite ventured into Ebay. There wasn't really a market of the sort for the little parts that you find on Ebay and European auto recycling companies seem to have embraced it big time!

I guess its probably because our Aiyyas run the junk yard business in Japan and they haven't quite ventured into Ebay. There wasn't really a market of the sort for the little parts that you find on Ebay and European auto recycling companies seem to have embraced it big time!

What I am referring to are not these litle LEDs, and MP3 Modulators and what not that many associate EBay with. I have bought 2 brake boosters, a whole window regulator, ignition coils, Crank Angle sensors and what not. In fact if you know anyone in the region of the seller, one can get down a whole engine itself. It takes a bit of time and organising, but can be done for far less than any of the local prices, if available.

• Like 1

true that! I managed to find all the parts needed for an alfa 156 on ebay within half an hour. whereas its taken me 2 months now to find a winder motor for the allion with no results. only a handful of people deal with jap parts online. the ones in japan are insanely overpriced. same goes for the ones in uk.

I don't know what's up with these allions. both of the front window winders in mine failed and I'm replacing the 2nd one tomorrow for 12500 recon, which me and the electrician assumed was caused by rain water leaking in or some idiot holding the button for too long. then there's the a/c compressor which coupla people said will need replacing around 35000 kms. So I'm glad mines going to a new home sooon

My AC mechanic told me the same story regarding AC compressor while my CE110's AC compressor being replaced first time (it was just bit noisy) it had clocked 190000km.

He told me those new compressors in axio/allion/premio are not that solid built, do no know it is happening due to high ambient temperature.

Edited by nano31

My AC mechanic told me the same story regarding AC compressor while my CE110's AC compressor being replaced first time (it was just bit noisy) it had clocked 190000km.

He told me those new compressors in axio/allion/premio are not that solid built, do no know it is happening due to high ambient temperature.

A/C compressors for CE110 are very scarce these days. Isn't it? .Next time Fix a TV 17. You only have to alter the lines a bit and it is far better than the stock TV 10.

I think this is due to measures to save weight, so compressors are built using lighter alloys. Also the old CE110 compressor was piton type, not rotary isn't it?

A/C compressors for CE110 are very scarce these days. Isn't it? .Next time Fix a TV 17. You only have to alter the lines a bit and it is far better than the stock TV 10.

Thanks for advice.

In what kinda vehicle TV 17 comes with?

Anyway that mechanic stock recon compressors, I noticed more than 5 compressors in his storage.

I think this is due to measures to save weight, so compressors are built using lighter alloys. Also the old CE110 compressor was piton type, not rotary isn't it?

Nope. It is rotary type. My mechanic told me it is not possible to repair those rotary type comp.

My CR 27, YOM 1995 comes with piston type and it is repairable and I have get done once.

It will work after few days ??I dnt Get this .

Yes, It really worked after few days, until then Auto function just didn't work. May be the CPU is confirming that the system is working correctly before activating the auto funtion.

Yes, It really worked after few days, until then Auto function just didn't work. May be the CPU is confirming that the system is working correctly before activating the auto funtion.
To reset the auto function, just hold the window up/close button upwords and downwords for atleast 10 seconds even after window completely closes/open. It will re-learn the closing position(Auto function). Tested in a 260 Premio. Edited by Ruslan

Yesterday, the very same thing happened to the left side front door glass as well. Fortunately I could close the glass with assisting manually. Will have some work in the weekend.

Was the plastic part damaged like the last time? Im glad that this havent happend to me yet.