• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Car (Vios) Maintenace Tips

jayashantha12345

Hii friends.

I would like to hear from our expert guys here, what are the best method to follow for a good fuel and good run for a toyota cars.

what are the service time to do ?

what are the items (original / copY) to be used ?

the things which shall be inspected daily, occationally,

tips to have good fuel,

and any other facts to be followed,

pls reply all and help me

thank you

Raveendra

Hii friends.

I would like to hear from our expert guys here, what are the best method to follow for a good fuel and good run for a toyota cars.

what are the service time to do ?

what are the items (original / copY) to be used ?

the things which shall be inspected daily, occationally,

tips to have good fuel,

and any other facts to be followed,

pls reply all and help me

thank you

Raveendra

The VIOS Carry the 1NZ-FE engine. You should use a mineral oil and change in 5K or within months which ever comes first.

Change the oil filter at 5K

Air Filter every 20K r as per the condition

Spark plugs 25K should be fine, if you use genuine.

ATF should be less than 40K, around 35K. Because we always stay in traffic.

Coolant, at minimum 40K (Best practice, even looks good)

Brake oil 40K minimum (Best practice, even looks good)

Steering oil 40K minimum (Best practice, even looks good)

Use RON 95 Petrol, engine designed for RON91 or above

Has leather seats, if you use a leather conditioner at least once in two weeks, the seats will look fresh and nice even for years

above just comes to my mind. It is a simple, efficient and practical car for daily commuting. All other best practices will make it last for a good time in good condition.

The VIOS Carry the 1NZ-FE engine. You should use a mineral oil and change in 5K or within months which ever comes first.

Has leather seats, if you use a leather conditioner at least once in two weeks, the seats will look fresh and nice even for years

above just comes to my mind. It is a simple, efficient and practical car for daily commuting. All other best practices will make it last for a good time in good condition.

Agree with all, but no need of pumping Octane 95. I used Octane 90 for 3 yrs without any trouble. Very fuel efficient car if you drive properly (1500 cc engine has a enough power for any situaton). The Auto car shifts to gear 4 when speed is around 50kmh. If you reach to gear 4 quickly, and then very milid on the paddle (RPM 1500 can be maintained at a speed of 60) surely you get 16-17 km/l out station.

• Like 1

eh? My car shifts to 3rd at around 50 and 4th only above 70. Exactly how slow do you people drive your cars??

And here are the maintenance tips for the 2005 Vios. The manual is dated 7th June 2005.

33wnqrn.jpg

35ibnu8.jpg

35b78e1.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you friend

Could you pls tell me what is this book and whre i can get this. is soft copy availabe ??

It's my Vios' user manual. I got it when I bought the car. I also got the warranty booklet as well as the radio manual.

Agree with all, but no need of pumping Octane 95. I used Octane 90 for 3 yrs without any trouble. Very fuel efficient car if you drive properly (1500 cc engine has a enough power for any situaton). The Auto car shifts to gear 4 when speed is around 50kmh. If you reach to gear 4 quickly, and then very milid on the paddle (RPM 1500 can be maintained at a speed of 60) surely you get 16-17 km/l out station.

You can continue to pump Octane 90 and many Sri Lankans do. But keep in mind the engine is not designed for that and after some time your engine deposits will be higher than normal for the same amount of mileage. You will run into preignition knocks due to that.

And I would like yourself explaining on what basis that RON90 is ok for an engine designed for RON91 and above. And mind you in JP, MY Sing and many other countries where the 1NZ-FE engine is used, those pumps do not carry Octane 90.

eh? My car shifts to 3rd at around 50 and 4th only above 70. Exactly how slow do you people drive your cars??

And here are the maintenance tips for the 2005 Vios. The manual is dated 7th June 2005.

Nop, mine shifts to 4th at around 50km/hr. probably, in a hilly terrain this may be different. you can feel this shift easily inadditon, the sudden drop of rpm as it reaches to 4th gear clearly shows it.

You can continue to pump Octane 90 and many Sri Lankans do. But keep in mind the engine is not designed for that and after some time your engine deposits will be higher than normal for the same amount of mileage. You will run into preignition knocks due to that.

And I would like yourself explaining on what basis that RON90 is ok for an engine designed for RON91 and above. And mind you in JP, MY Sing and many other countries where the 1NZ-FE engine is used, those pumps do not carry Octane 90.

Do you think all the 1nzfe vehicles in sl use oct95. I know people who have driven these cars with oct 90 for years without any problem. I think this mechine is robust enough to withstand oct 90

Do you think all the 1nzfe vehicles in sl use oct95. I know people who have driven these cars with oct 90 for years without any problem. I think this mechine is robust enough to withstand oct 90

You think..........and the Jap engineers what did they think when they designed. Engine may not fail, but what about efficiency, an a probable failure due to Preignition knock as a result of engine deposits (after 50K or so).

If possible, compare two machines, one with RON 90 and the other RON 95 pumped for a long time and hook up a OB2 scanner, a bore scope etc.. and do an evaluation and let the community know. I do not have both equipment (though planning on the first one), if I had I would do the same.

You think..........and the Jap engineers what did they think when they designed. Engine may not fail, but what about efficiency, an a probable failure due to Preignition knock as a result of engine deposits (after 50K or so).

If possible, compare two machines, one with RON 90 and the other RON 95 pumped for a long time and hook up a OB2 scanner, a bore scope etc.. and do an evaluation and let the community know. I do not have both equipment (though planning on the first one), if I had I would do the same.

This would be the ideal scientific justification. I am not hesitate to produce my car for such a scan and come to a concusion.

Can you eloborate more what components of the engine will detoriate when oct 90 is used!!!!!

Edited by udayap

This would be the ideal scientific justification. I am not hesitate to produce my car for such a scan and come to a concusion.

Can you eloborate more what components of the engine will detoriate when oct 90 is used!!!!!

Chamber deposits (mainly carbon) and preignition occurs as lower Octane tends to ignite faster compared to higher Octane. ECU with the assistance of knock sensor will try to adjust always, after many years there will be good enough chamber deposits and soot.

Chamber deposits (mainly carbon) and preignition occurs as lower Octane tends to ignite faster compared to higher Octane. ECU with the assistance of knock sensor will try to adjust always, after many years there will be good enough chamber deposits and soot.

Thanks, I calculated that I have saved nearly 75000 rupees by using octane 90 instead of 95. how much a chamber clean up cost!!!!!

Thanks, I calculated that I have saved nearly 75000 rupees by using octane 90 instead of 95. how much a chamber clean up cost!!!!!

If you do from a reputed place (not agents) Rs 100,000 or more. Agents may be 200,000k or more. Cheaper options are throwing a BG 55K to tank and do an Italia tuneup. If heavily deposited the results do vary ad deposits keep on building.

By the way any one can choose what they want to do. You may have taken a calculated decision, but the majority just pump what they feel or go by urban myth.

33wnqrn.jpg

35ibnu8.jpg

35b78e1.jpg

according to this, no need to replace engine oil at first 1000km, right?,but even agents are asling to do so..

according to this, no need to replace engine oil at first 1000km, right?,but even agents are asling to do so..

It appears so. I supposed its because the 1NZ-FE doesn't need to be broken in, you just start using it from day 1

Road conditions climate and petrol quality isn't same as japan. So brochure says conditions according to japan. refer a manual on Thailand or Malaysia. figures not same.

Road conditions climate and petrol quality isn't same as japan. So brochure says conditions according to japan. refer a manual on Thailand or Malaysia. figures not same.

Wtf are you talking about? That's not a brochure, it's the user manual I got with car, and it's printed in Thailand. There are no Japanese manuals for the Vios because it was never sold in Japan. Get your facts in order, else you'll only be spewing out useless disinformation.

Wtf are you talking about? That's not a brochure, it's the user manual I got with car, and it's printed in Thailand. There are no Japanese manuals for the Vios because it was never sold in Japan. Get your facts in order, else you'll only be spewing out useless disinformation.

Terabyte is right, car manufactured in Thailand.......and mainly used in Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore.........2nd hand in SL. Engine is 1NZ-FE.

The manual is the same for all countries and there is a separate section where it advises to adjust the maintenance under different conditions. May stop and go, extreme hot or snow etc....

In Singapore the weather is the same. Only good thing is roads are pretty neatly paved. Traffic is there and as a small country lot of stop and go.