• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Car (Vios) Maintenace Tips

jayashantha12345

You can continue to pump Octane 90 and many Sri Lankans do. But keep in mind the engine is not designed for that and after some time your engine deposits will be higher than normal for the same amount of mileage. You will run into preignition knocks due to that.

And I would like yourself explaining on what basis that RON90 is ok for an engine designed for RON91 and above. And mind you in JP, MY Sing and many other countries where the 1NZ-FE engine is used, those pumps do not carry Octane 90.

I use xtra premium Euro3. cheaper than 95

Wtf are you talking about? That's not a brochure, it's the user manual I got with car, and it's printed in Thailand. There are no Japanese manuals for the Vios because it was never sold in Japan. Get your facts in order, else you'll only be spewing out useless disinformation.

I'm sorry for the manufacture country i missed. but my facts still stands. you're correct vios made in Thailand and your user manual printed in Thailand becouse it mainly targeted Thai road conditions and weather, So its couldn't apply to Sri Lanka. Thai road conditions and Weather not same as SL. So figuers in that manual not correct in SL. Don't forget vios is a Thailand base domestic car.

I'm sorry for the manufacture country i missed. but my facts still stands. you're correct vios made in Thailand and your user manual printed in Thailand becouse it mainly targeted Thai road conditions and weather, So its couldn't apply to Sri Lanka. Thai road conditions and Weather not same as SL. So figuers in that manual not correct in SL. Don't forget vios is a Thailand base domestic car.

The weather and road conditions in Thailand are more similar to Sri Lanka than you think.

one more advice,

get your AC fully serviced at least once a year. I was a victim of busted evaporator (2 times). Replacement of the evaporator is a very tedious (unpleasent) repair to see.

Probably your Vios did not come with a cabin filter. That reduces the lifetime of the evaporator. It is strange that some Vios cars do not have the factory fitted cabin air filter.

Edited by Az

Probably your Vios did not come with a cabin filter. That reduces the lifetime of the evaporator. It is strange that some Vios cars do not have the factory fitted cabin air filter.

Nop there is no such a filter in the evaporator assembly. Are you sure, that some vios cars came with that filter.

Nop there is no such a filter in the evaporator assembly. Are you sure, that some vios cars came with that filter.

Yes, my Vios, a 2004 model has the cabin filter, while my brother's car, a 2005 Vios does not have the cabin filter. The evaporator on that car too was replaced a few months back while mine still has the original evaporator, and I just have to change the filter about once a year. Yeah, it was a very messy replacement. The whole dashboard assembly had to be taken apart.

Yes, my Vios, a 2004 model has the cabin filter, while my brother's car, a 2005 Vios does not have the cabin filter. The evaporator on that car too was replaced a few months back while mine still has the original evaporator, and I just have to change the filter about once a year. Yeah, it was a very messy replacement. The whole dashboard assembly had to be taken apart.

Oh, Mine also a 2005 one. Regarding the replacement,,,Did your brother found the original evaporator or replaced with a Malaysian one in the market. I can remeber last time (2yrs ago), the repairing guy used the non geniuine one. Now it has failed agin.

One more thing...is it an inherent characteristic that the AC system of vios is not powerful....

How do you define not powerful? I always set the temp on the coldest, but fan speed on minimum and thats good for me on most days except the sunniest. Sometimes in the evening I actually turn the temperature up a little because things are too chilly.

I'm also known as the Polar Bear (hima walaha) in my office because I really like the cold. So yeah, the A/C in the Vios is more than capable of even keeping me cool. I did however get the A/C serviced right after I bought the car. They cleaned the filter and removed some scraps of paper from the ducting.

Edited by terrabytetango

Oh, Mine also a 2005 one. Regarding the replacement,,,Did your brother found the original evaporator or replaced with a Malaysian one in the market. I can remeber last time (2yrs ago), the repairing guy used the non geniuine one. Now it has failed agin.

One more thing...is it an inherent characteristic that the AC system of vios is not powerful....

I think it was replaced with a non-genuine evaporator because the whole repair cost only about 22K. The original brand new Toyota evaporator for the Vios is insanely expensive. I don't think the Vios A/C is inherently less powerful since I get excellent cooling even during the hottest times of the day.

How do you define not powerful? I always set the temp on the coldest, but fan speed on minimum and thats good for me on most days except the sunniest. Sometimes in the evening I actually turn the temperature up a little because things are too chilly.

I'm also known as the Polar Bear (hima walaha) in my office because I really like the cold. So yeah, the A/C in the Vios is more than capable of even keeping me cool. I did however get the A/C serviced right after I bought the car. They cleaned the filter and removed some scraps of paper from the ducting.

On sunny days, the cooling is not adequate especially for people at the back seats, thats why i thought it is not powerful. We have a small buddy van, compared to that the the air is not cool in the Vios. Probably, something wrong with the AC system.

Also, the compressor become really noisy some months back. The AC servicing guy charged some oil and then the noise decreased bit.

and also pls update Us how to use AC correctly. is it good to on and off it frequently. or anything to do special ? pls reply

Friend, you are asking too many basic questions. If you really need I would answer, but for these simple stuff do a search please. www.google.com is a good place to start with. I am telling you in good faith, do research and learn, you will be bit happier than just asking from everyone.

• Like 1