• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

tinyman

Question

Dear All,

i'm new to this forum, hope you would be helpful to me with my 1st car.

I'm looking to my 1st car and my budget is around 1.8mn out of that hoping to get a leasing for 1.3mn.

I'm still looking to choose a good car; following are in my mind,

1. Suzuki Alto KA24S (660CC)

2. Kelisa (2007 - 2008 model)

3. Suzuki Maruti Alto

please advise me on the above and suggest any other cars which can be found within my budget.

FYI, i'm bit concerned on the fuel efficiency also.

20 answers to this question

1999 civic ek3

Mazda 323

http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=76787

These are a lot better than the ones you are looking at. Do a search on the autolanka site. There are many to be found in your budget.

BTW it's not the year of the car that matters. It's the build quality. An older honda or mazda would last a lot longer than a maruti.

Edited by jdnet
  • Like 3

Thanks for the immediate reply jdnet.

I have a hatchback in mind. is manual or auto transmission is good. i'm used to drive manual so far.

Nissan March, Toyota Starlet, although Starlets are overpriced. There's also the good looking Mazda 323 hatch, if you can find one. An autobox will be easier (on the foot) if you're always driving around in heavy traffic, but a manual will be somewhat more economical.

Out of the list you mentioned - the best pick would be the Kelisa but as the guys mentioned above you could go for an older japanese car.

I spoke to one of my friend about kelisa, he said that it's a failure model by perouda and after the failure of that only they introduced Viva, is it true.

somewhere I read that Viva is the successor of Diehatsu Mira and most of the parts of MIra would fit to Viva and vise versa, is kelisa also the same

From your list I'd vote for the kelisa, but I personally feel that it's a bit over priced. If I were you I'd deff go for this babe

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=68323 (and its a stick too!!)

But if you find it hard to live with two doors a primera would do

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=11314

Edited by CyRaX

I spoke to one of my friend about kelisa, he said that it's a failure model by perouda and after the failure of that only they introduced Viva, is it true.

somewhere I read that Viva is the successor of Diehatsu Mira and most of the parts of MIra would fit to Viva and vise versa, is kelisa also the same

Kelisa, a faliure? Bullsh*t, we owned one for about 5yrs, never ever had a single problem.

The kelisa is based on the Mira, so yeah the Mira's parts could be shared with the kelisa but not all

Edited by CyRaX
  • Like 2

It's time to get a new friend.

Dude, do u think Toyota introduced Allion because Carina was a failure model? All cars go through their product life cycles and eventually other products take over. This is what happened with Kelisa and Viva.

FYI, both are based on Daihatsu Mira. Kelisa is based on L700 series Mira and Viva is based on L275 series.

Some of the spares are interchangeable between Kelisa/Viva and their corresponding Mira counterparts, but not all of them are.

• Like 1

It's time to get a new friend.

Dude, do u think Toyota introduced Allion because Carina was a failure model? All cars go through their product life cycles and eventually other products take over. This is what happened with Kelisa and Viva.

FYI, both are based on Daihatsu Mira. Kelisa is based on L700 series Mira and Viva is based on L275 series.

Some of the spares are interchangeable between Kelisa/Viva and their corresponding Mira counterparts, but not all of them are.

you're words gives me confidant to go for a kelisa, actually i'm bit fund of that, especially due the sporty compact look.

have to start looking for a one..what would be the reasonable price these days as i remember people quoting that for 1.2-1.3mn before the tax revision.

FYI

http://www.autolanka.com/Buy.asp?FormName=Search&FormAction=search&ad_type_id=&ad_category_id=&search=kelisa

Let me just make a rough guess of about 14.5-15 for a 2005 or a later model (I say this because K-numbers started in 2005 and people are picky about K-series numbers. Not that it matters for me but whenever u plan to sell it, it might matter).

A VZR And hp11 was thrown into the fray and you still like the kelisa for its "sporty compact look"

Or because it does 100kmpl?

Now now

No, it just looks like a mini..

Is there a 50% limit on leases..my friend said now i can borrow only 50% of the car valuation. is it true..

I was searching for autolanka on google, ended up going to a site named auto - lanka . com

Is that a legitimate site

Depends on your perception of a 'legitimate' site. Anyone can buy a domain name and host a site.

In short, www . autolanka . com and www . auto-lanka . com is not the same thing. "

yaaahoo.com

" is out there as well, but "yahoo.com" can do nothing about it :D

Depends on your perception of a 'legitimate' site. Anyone can buy a domain name and host a site. In short, www . autolanka . com and www . auto-lanka . com is not the same thing. "

yaaahoo.com

" is out there as well, but "yahoo.com" can do nothing about it :D

Umm,thanks mate. see people trying to gain traffic by ulterior motives