• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tesla Motors - Cars That Will Change The World

Californikan

You may recall that such as system already existed in the forum and the mods removed it. I'm pretty sure there is a good reason behind it. Any way I am all in favour of reinstating that system.

This is Sri Lanka. Do you really think the powers that be will do the right thing and have a system of transparency, accountability and responsibility in this forum? Even if it improved the forum? No way in hell . :)

Edited by Californikan
  • Like 1

"You are correct Rumesh. People in the U.S. casually call it natural gas energy when it technically isn't. Northern California and Silicon Valley where the...."

I'm sorry 'Californikan', but that can't be true.

I don't know much about Suddha buggers, nor do I know much about international standards, and do I understand that you're having a tough time on the forum with this thread, but:

The Google Gods tell me that Natural Gas is used widely to heat homes in the US and in Canada. This makes it hard to imagine that they (the Suddha buggers) then would not know the difference between Geo-thermal energy and Natural Gas energy?

Edited by Kavvz

You are correct Rumesh. People in the U.S. casually call it natural gas energy when it technically isn't. Northern California and Silicon Valley where the Tesla factory is located is powered by geothermal energy.

Hi Cali,

A small clarification:

Back in 2011 Northern California Non-Residential Electrical Energy Consumption was 74,071 gWh. (Source: http://ecdms.energy.ca.gov/elecbycounty.aspx)

So I believe this has increased over time by significant mount and should be at a higher figure by now.

Now lets focus on the Capacity of whole of California to generate Geo-thermal energy in 2013 which is 2732.2mW. (Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geothermal_energy_in_the_United_States#cite_note-13)

Now lets convert that to a gWh figure for the whole year:

2732.2 * 8760 (no. of Hours per Year) / 1000 (to make it Giga Watt) = 23,935 gWh.

As a result, even if we assume that electrical energy consumption of NC has not increased since 2011, at the moment can provide only about 32% of the energy need Assuming

• Whole of the Geo-thermal energy is used for Non-residential power
  • Whole of the Geo-thermal capacity is used only by Northern California leaving rest of the state to be powered by non-renewable sources)

So sorry if we don't buy it if you claim that the Tesla factory is powered 100% by Geo-Thermal energy just because its located in Northern California.

I do have a lot of respect towards Tesla for the amount of work they have put in to create a decent Electric Car despite having an immature Iron Man wannabe as a chairman.

But the association of your degraded brand in the AL community with the Tesla brand is ruining it for all of us. Seriously.

So if you love and want to support Tesla, take away your worshipping attitude and let the forum members have a decent debate over the car.

Cheers

K9M

• Like 1

So why don't you show some respect for other AL members , and piss off.

Now you can now see the dysfunction of AutoLanka. There are a few (2-6) members on AL with a 'corrupt politician' mentality who think they can dictate what kind of posts and threads should be on AL.

So Cali thinks its ok for him to try to dictate whats on the forum, but not for others?

Heres an idea Cali. why don't YOU show some respect for other AL members , and piss off? This is OUR forum you keep trying to piss on, and I am not in the mood for your bullshit these days, flat out NOT feeling very tolerant. I see ONE more post of this useless nonsense, thats it.

Final warning, don't test me.

What a fail :rolleyes: . As usual, Crosswind , so eager to hate, trips and falls all over himself.

At the bottom of Crosswind's link, Musk lists Tesla's Master Plan goals . Tesla and Musk fully achieved all the goals in 2012.

Crosswind, who's the f*king idiot now?.

link: http://www.teslamotors.com/blog/secret-tesla-motors-master-plan-just-between-you-and-me

And just as a BTW, maybe building a car that according to you, starts at $80,000 is Musk's idea of building an affordable car, but I seriously doubt that even in the US, even with the credit, even with the lease options, that any reasonable percentage of people would be considering that "affordable".

Which just means, when you claim Musk completed his plan in 2012, you lied. Again. Worthy of every single negative vote it gets, in my opinion.

And just as a BTW, maybe building a car that according to you, starts at $80,000 is Musk's idea of building an affordable car, but I seriously doubt that even in the US, even with the credit, even with the lease options, that any reasonable percentage of people would be considering that "affordable".

Which just means, when you claim Musk completed his plan in 2012, you lied. Again. Worthy of every single negative vote it gets, in my opinion.

Lying? You're the one that's been doing that. The Model S doesn't start at $80,000 like you've been lying about all over this thread.

It retails at $71,000, and that's before the EV tax concession (that every EV gets) which brings the true starting price to down to $63,570........ http://www.teslamotors.com/models/design

And guess you haven't read up on things like financing, true ownership cost and guaranteed resale value, all designed to make it even more affordable ......... http://www.teslamotors.com/true-cost-of-ownership

Edited by Californikan
  • Like 1

Lying? You're the one that's been doing that. The Model S doesn't start at $80,000 like you've been lying about all over this thread.

It retails at $71,000, and that's before the EV tax concession (that every EV gets) which brings the true starting price to down to $63,570........ http://www.teslamotors.com/models/design

And guess you haven't read up on things like financing, true ownership cost and guaranteed resale value, all designed to make it even more affordable ......... http://www.teslamotors.com/true-cost-of-ownership

Indeed? What great factors when keeping in mind the sales numbers you posted comparing it to an S-Class Merc etc. Which starts at 80k and goes up, not down. Great value comparison numbers there. There is about the difference of a Ford Focus there even before you start playing with options...

Also, tell me why the f**k I would want to read up on "true cost of ownership" on a car that isn't even available where I live? And neither would be financing, guaranteed resale, whatever other BS you wanna talk about?

Also, the link you posted says the 85kwh model starts at 72400, not 71000. Can't even get the copy and paste right. Would you still like to claim some BS about people voting down 100% correct posts when you can't even get your copy and paste of the net right?

Or would you like to lie again, as usual?

Edit: Also, since you live there, why don't you run a little informal survey and see how many people think paying 63k for a car is "affordable"? Or would you rather just give it up and claim you are lying about Tesla achieving its goals in 2012?

Edited by Pericles

All you family guysout there; please ask your wives to pay attention to your kids and show them some love and attention.. If you don't, in 10-15 years your son and daughters too would be out there craving for the attention and 'reputation' from a bunch of fugly dudes on the internet. It's too late for Cali, but save your kids!!!

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1

Wait a minute!

m5unqj7.png

So it IS 80k before tax credit, as stated on the site itself.

I will expect a full formal apology for calling me a liar, for misleading the forum, a complete retraction on your 100% correct information claims, and apologies to everyone you claim is on a vendetta to bring disrepute to your 100% correct info claims.

I'd also like to never see you post here again, but that might be hoping for too much, so I'll just settle for the above.

For everyone (including Californikan himself) who claims that this forum is biased, unfair etc etc and "not upto international standards" ask yourself this, If this forum was really THAT intolerant, why wasn't californikan banned years ago, and why is he still around polluting the forum?

Still, even massive tolerance has a limit....

Edited by Supra_Natural

For everyone (including Californikan himself) who claims that this forum is biased, unfair etc etc and "not upto international standards" ask yourself this, If this forum was really THAT intolerant, why wasn't californikan banned years ago, and why is he still around polluting the forum?

Still, even massive tolerance has a limit....

Where have I ever written that "the forum" is biased, unfair etc etc ? Please do tell.

FYI: The word "some" means some, not "this forum" or "all" or "everyone". :)

So here are a few examples out of hundreds just from this thread alone of how the same people over and over are abusing the AL rep system. This is the kind of thing that makes suddhas shake their heads in disbelief or roll on the floor laughing at how some of our fellows behaving.

• Like 1

Indeed? What great factors when keeping in mind the sales numbers you posted comparing it to an S-Class Merc etc. Which starts at 80k and goes up, not down. Great value comparison numbers there. There is about the difference of a Ford Focus there even before you start playing with options...

Also, tell me why the f**k I would want to read up on "true cost of ownership" on a car that isn't even available where I live? And neither would be financing, guaranteed resale, whatever other BS you wanna talk about?

Also, the link you posted says the 85kwh model starts at 72400, not 71000. Can't even get the copy and paste right. Would you still like to claim some BS about people voting down 100% correct posts when you can't even get your copy and paste of the net right?

Or would you like to lie again, as usual?

Edit: Also, since you live there, why don't you run a little informal survey and see how many people think paying 63k for a car is "affordable"? Or would you rather just give it up and claim you are lying about Tesla achieving its goals in 2012?

Why do keep on lying that the Model S starts at $80,000 when there has been a $49,900 base car option for years. That's over $30,000 less than your lie of "starting at $80,000".

It's obvious that you have no clue what you're writing about. The Model S DOES NOT nor EVER HAS started anywhere close to your $80,000, that you're been lying about.

olrdnQD.jpg.

Edited by Californikan

Wait a minute!

So it IS 80k before tax credit, as stated on the site itself.

I will expect a full formal apology for calling me a liar, for misleading the forum, a complete retraction on your 100% correct information claims, and apologies to everyone you claim is on a vendetta to bring disrepute to your 100% correct info claims.

I'd also like to never see you post here again, but that might be hoping for too much, so I'll just settle for the above.

Now you're telling more lies to cover up your original lie that the Model S "starts at $80,000".

Even your own link that you posted shows a $62,400 model......

4UJByGw.jpg

Edited by Californikan
  • Like 1

Where have I ever written that "the forum" is biased, unfair etc etc ? Please do tell.

FYI: The word "some" means some, not "this forum" or "all" or "everyone". :)

Well if its just "some" there's nothing for you to be crying about right? You should seriously just grow a pair and take it like a man. All you do is cry and whine like a pansy little mama's boy.

What a fail :rolleyes: . As usual, Crosswind , so eager to hate, trips and falls all over himself.

At the bottom of Crosswind's link, Musk lists Tesla's Master Plan goals . Tesla and Musk fully achieved all the goals in 2012.

Crosswind, who's the f*king idiot now?.

RzoRoFy.jpg

link: http://www.teslamotors.com/blog/secret-tesla-motors-master-plan-just-between-you-and-me

As usual, califorh*kan imagines things that were never said. did I say anything about the success (or the failure) of elon musk's master plan? i really couldn't care less about it. for me, its as important as a drunken two-dollar whore's success of giving you herpes.

WHAT I TALKED was about the stupid marketing pitch of elon musk which goes "secret master plan" "just between you and me"... the kind of marketing ploy which is targeted at teenage groupies and barbie boys like u

As usual, califorh*kan imagines things that were never said. did I say anything about the success (or the failure) of elon musk's master plan? i really couldn't care less about it. for me, its as important as a drunken two-dollar whore's success of giving you herpes.

WHAT I TALKED was about the stupid marketing pitch of elon musk which goes "secret master plan" "just between you and me"... the kind of marketing ploy which is targeted at teenage groupies and barbie boys like u

Well if its just "some" there's nothing for you to be crying about right? You should seriously just grow a pair and take it like a man. All you do is cry and whine like a pansy little mama's boy.
BTW cali, since you say tesla cars are affordable, DO YOU ACTUALLY OWN ONE?????

what's your excuse? not old enough to have a driving license yet?

Ah, it must be morning. The two monkeys have swung down from the trees. :)

Members,

I received under by Email.

24-May-2013

The EC7 EV is equipped with dual battery packs with two operating ranges of 165 and 250 km respectively.

While much of the attention is being given Chinese automaker Geely during the 2013 Shanghai Auto Show as rightly focused on the elegant KC Concept, the company also debuted an all-electric version of the EC7.

The emigrant EC7 EV is said to boost the latest in electric drive technology supplied by Detroit Electric. The five-passenger saloon car is equipped with two sets of batteries: one offering mid-range of up to 165 km (102 mi.) and the second for long range up to 250 km (155 mi). Presumably the batteries use differing chemistries with the short range pack being more power dense for stop-and-go driving, while the second pack may be more energy dense; working essentially like a range extender.

Geely engineers also integrated a two-speed torque transmission said to deliver "superior efficiency and performance."

To date, the company has invested some 2 billion Yuan (US$326 million) in green vehicle technologies.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Why do keep on lying that the Model S starts at $80,000 when there has been a $49,900 base car option for years. That's over $30,000 less than your lie of "starting at $80,000".

It's obvious that you have no clue what you're writing about. The Model S DOES NOT nor EVER HAS started anywhere close to your $80,000, that you're been lying about.

olrdnQD.jpg.

In that case, why were you so proud of a 50k car having higher sales numbers than a 80k car (Merc S-Class)?

And why did you, who was trying to be so snarky about me not reading up on financing a car that isn't even available in Asia, much less Sri Lanka (which is what autoLANKA caters to) try to claim that

a. It started at 71k

b. there is a further tax credit on it

This is clearly not knowing your own damn subject, despite all this 100% accurate claims.

Also I see there is a full failure to address this claim of YOURS that Tesla met its goals of making an affordable car. 50k is still not affordable. When it comes down to the price of a Toyota Corolla, THEN maybe it'll be affordable.

I'm still expecting a full formal apology for misleading the forum, a complete retraction on your 100% correct information claims, and apologies to everyone you claim is on a vendetta to bring disrepute to your 100% correct info claims.

Or I can just ding you a few warning points for trying to fight after posting incorrect info.

The Model S has outsold the S-class, 7-Series, A8, and Lexus LS so far this year.

http://cleantechnica.com/2013/05/18/tesla-model-s-sales-much-higher-than-similarly-priced-cars-from-mercedes-bmw-and-audi/

image15.jpg?resize=570%2C326

This is the post in question, which claims "Similarly priced", which is why we are talking about the true cost $80k car, the 85kwh model, not the CANCELED $50k model.

olrdnQD.jpg.

I must call into question why you keep screenshots of the site from what must be some time ago, when the current site has quite a different range. Are you trying to mislead other places with these prices claims of yours too, on cars which no longer exist as model options? These Signature models are no longer on the site either.