• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nano Finish

Dr G

I heard of a Nano paint protection at DIMOs. Anyone had this done? Lot of hype or reality?

Also, where may I buy good leather protectants (something like Autoglym, Gliptone, Connolly Hide Care or Leatherique) Not trash like armorall

Thanks.

Heard it was about it too. Rs.40k I was told. I'm also looking for someone who has had it on for a few months to see if it is worth it.

Autoglym Leather cleaner and treatment is available at the usual place between Gangarama Temple and the A*W boat showroom. I think it's called Consolidated Agencies.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Heard it was about it too. Rs.40k I was told. I'm also looking for someone who has had it on for a few months to see if it is worth it.

Autoglym Leather cleaner and treatment is available at the usual place between Gangarama Temple and the A*W boat showroom. I think it's called Consolidated Agencies.

Thanks. So far no one on this forum has used this "Nano Paint Finish"?

• 4 weeks later...

Members,

Members,

This is to educate the members of "NANO" RELIABILITY.

My next door is having 5 Nano taxies all of them had run more than 20000 Kilometers.

Last few months. Which owner had faced.

(1) Clutch plates of three cars were changed within 12000 Kilometers.

(2) Clutch cables were replaced in all five cars under 15000 Kilometers.

(3) Engine stops intermediately and when the driver checked wires some wires are loose.

(4) Cannot stand some potholes on the roads front suspension has to be attended.

(5) One vehicle with the agents unable to start. For last five days. Still the technicians are struggling with the car.

He decided to sell all 5 Nanos and go in for Cherry QQ. Already bought used one with 80000 on the odometer Kilometers for1.2 million and very satisfied with the performance.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• Like 1

Flashback :)

Members,

Very soon three wheelers will go out of business because Nano is running at 40.00 Rupees for a Kilometer.

A/C comfort with very competitive rates. my next door Gent has put into service 10 nano cars.

He had 20 three wheelers, got rid of his three wheelers keeping only one.

I personally think having Nano taxies in Colombo is a good thing for developing country like us.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Mr. Wijesinghe,

Just because your neighbour got nano taxis doesn't mean three wheelers are going to go out of business.

If you check the classifieds in weekend sinhala papers you would know how many nanos are now up for sale because the guys who are running as taxis have given them up.

It could be just a passing fad (in sinhala, we call it a 'rella') like the soluna taxis we had sometime back.

Sincerely,

Crosswind

• Like 1

I only informed the condition of they were build, few months of introduction Nano cars (RELIABILITY.) after running few months. There are number of NANO service providers in the city most of them are facing problems like failures what I have mentioned early post. This one reason my next door got rid of few of them.

Most private use cars with one driver will not face the said problems. As cab drivers do not have any care for the vehicle unlike private used car.

SylviWijesinghe.

<<Mega facepalm>>

Members,

Members,

This is to educate the members of "NANO" RELIABILITY.

My next door is having 5 Nano taxies all of them had run more than 20000 Kilometers.

Last few months. Which owner had faced.

(1) Clutch plates of three cars were changed within 12000 Kilometers.

(2) Clutch cables were replaced in all five cars under 15000 Kilometers.

(3) Engine stops intermediately and when the driver checked wires some wires are loose.

(4) Cannot stand some potholes on the roads front suspension has to be attended.

(5) One vehicle with the agents unable to start. For last five days. Still the technicians are struggling with the car.

He decided to sell all 5 Nanos and go in for Cherry QQ. Already bought used one with 80000 on the odometer Kilometers for1.2 million and very satisfied with the performance.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Sylvi, the topic is on the Nano particle based protective coating for any vehicle's paint job. I can understand how you confused it for the fact that a Nano was "finished", and most of us would not give the post a second reading after seeing the words 'Nano' and 'D*MO' in the same sentence.

terrabytetango,

Thank you for your post I did such to post this on the forum, then I at once found only this thread on the forum so I posted to same thread.

I did not mean that Nanos are "Fnished".

Topic starter wanted comments on the finish of the paint by D*MO'S protection coating.

This is the reason I used on my post heading as ( This is to educate the members of "NANO" RELIABILITY)

I hope it is clear to others also.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Nano finish is not a replacement to the regular waxing and polishing. Whether the car has Nano Finish or not waxing and polishing needs to be done if not the finish of the car will also be "finished" soon.

Since the subject of Tata Nano also signifies here, did any of you guys watch the entire manufacturing process of the Tata Nano on Megafactories on the NatGeo channel? You wouldn't beleive as to what processes the Nano goes through in manufacture, including a total rust protection in a dip bath.

Edited by Magnum357

MEMBERS,

According to most automobile manufactures today rust protection is done at initial stages, of body manufacture. Due to that the Automobiles will not corrode for next five years. From the time they leave the assembly line.

During rainy weather Vehicles are always exposed to sea spray. If vehicles are parked closed to sea.

I live close to sea there are five houses to Southern Railway line. Most houses have fitted Stainless steel gats.

I have to change computers every year due to sulfating on PC boards. Even vehicles start corroding within three years.

Once I got K/P body protection done three of my vehicles DYNOL, which in Singapore is very popular. They lasted little more time about 5 years.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'Crosswind',

'Crosswind',

You have posted a post as reference to my post. (Sylvi, on 14 March 2012 - 07:22 PM, said:)

On that post I had mentioned (Very soon three wheelers will go out of business because Nano is running at 40.00 Rupees for a Kilometer.)

I posted that because three wheelers were quoting anything above Rs:50.00 for a kilometer.

To somewhat that that has happened. Three wheelers parked on most of lanes and roads have reduced. Three wheelers did not have meters in large scale beginning of this year. Now hardly you can find a three wheeler without a meter.

Budget taxis started three wheelers and Nano with meters fixed at Rs: 30.00 and Rs: 40.00.

Later with fuel costs increased their, per/Km. Was increased to present rates.

One positive thing the Nano cabs have done to hire cost for a kilometer of three wheelers to reduce their costs to come down from arbitrary charges quoted by three wheeler drivers to a reasonable fixed charge according to the meter.

Quickshaws started first metred cab service by late Mr. De Mel for -/50 Cents a mile in 1950’s. 4CV Renault using 50 cars which did about anything above 40 Miles to 50 for a gallon of Petrol which was Rs: 2.00 a gallon. Later Morris minor cabs and VW cars took over the cab service in Ceylon.

Like to have your comments for above.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Quickshaws started first metred cab service by late Mr. De Mel for -/50 Cents a mile in 1950’s. 4CV Renault using 50 cars which did about anything above 40 Miles to 50 for a gallon of Petrol which was Rs: 2.00 a gallon. Later Morris minor cabs and VW cars took over the cab service in Ceylon.

Like to have your comments for above.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

For someone who blows a fuse when something's OT (which you have no clue about), you ask people to stay on topic.. And now you're rambling cr@p about taxi rates on a PAINT topic... Next time you ask someone not to go off-topic, i'm gonna put you over my knee and spank you sooooo hard!! :sad-smiley-066:

Edited by Watchman

Members,

Please note I mentioned about NANO taxies which had run more than 20000 Kms and their reliability not the Taxi rates.

Another reply by a member To this thread quoting one of my old posts about NANO, Who had dragged this topic to not relevant to the topic which I referred to NANO taxies and about three wheeler rates.

I posted a reply post to that. Detail explanation.

I always try to keep to topic without dragging other things other than the topic

When a post referred to my early post was explaining the present situation how NANO is becoming popular on to Srilanka roads by entering to taxi service.

Comparing rates with three wheelers. There by the NANO will become popular.

If any member carefully read my post it is only a reply post to another members post referred to my early post.

Not relevant to this topic.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Members,

Please note I mentioned about NANO taxies which had run more than 20000 Kms and their reliability not the Taxi rates.

I always try to keep to topic without dragging other things other than the topic

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

You are the one who dragged another thing into this topic by talking about Nanos and their reliability in the first place!

Just accept it when you are wrong and stop wasting everyones time.

When a post referred to my early post was explaining the present situation how NANO is becoming popular on to Srilanka roads by entering to taxi service.

Are you kidding me?

Please explain where the Tata Nano (or Nano taxis) was mentioned in this thread before you brought it up in post #5 of this thread?

Sylvi, dont lie, or I'm going to spank you even harder than I originally intended ok!!!