• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bad Diesel This Time ????

hasmax

Dear all,

Just want to share a story i heard in last few days. It is said that a stock of poor quality diesel has been imported and has resulted in mechanical issues in some diesel vehicles. A set of vehicles used in harbour had been the first victims. Saw more or less similar stories in some web sites comments sections. just wanted to make you all aware that there is an issue like this going on and not intended to see any storms in the tea cup. If this is not true, just forgive me and forget it. If it is true then we can discuss what we can do next. All for the betterment of our fellow AL members. regards

• Like 1

I heard something similar from a relative. A couple of his friends with new euro diesels have been affected. He said they started smoking, so most probably DPF cleaner kicked in...yo.

• Like 1

Few vehicles of our company fleet have reportedly got some issues after pumping diesel from cpc.

wonder what the issue is this time?

looks like out leaders are right royally screwing things up these days...

• Like 2

Btw thanks for the info mate,

So far are all Ceypetcos and IOCs both affected? Damn I have a trip comin up and about a quarter left in the fella.. Is the Super ( hopefully low sulphur diesel ) also affected?

Edited by tiv

My brother said the "engine check" indicator of his kyron warned two times yesterday/today, probably due to this poor quality diesel.

I am wondering whether it is vacuum modulator issue common for the kyron?, This is a one moth old vehicle done only 5000 km.

Edited by udayap

Trains have been affected as well, according to this morning's news on Lite. Fifteen or so locomotives ground to a halt, and those engines can pretty much run on any crap.

• Like 1

Trains have been affected as well, according to this morning's news on Lite. Fifteen or so locomotives ground to a halt, and those engines can pretty much run on any crap.

Ah, yes, thats what I heard. Yes FM had it too.

exactly what I was thinking. if this crap could break locomotives down, no comments needed to determine the damage it could do to common rails with electronic fuel injectors.

exactly what I was thinking. if this crap could break locomotives down, no comments needed to determine the damage it could do to common rails with electronic fuel injectors.

I heard in news that the CGR is going to use super diesel for locomotives to avoid further damage

Some CTB busses as well, especially in Ambalangoda Depot.. Most affected area is reported as down south area

Well the newer trains ( The Dark blue ones) are said to have common rail engines :)

I believe this is an issue with the filters clogging up way before any real damage is done to the engines. I smell a rat though, the kind that resides in the upper echelons of state service,