• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hit With Road Bump

akboselk

Hi all,

yesterday I was driving in the night (40 kmpl) and forgot the bumper ahead. I saw it just few meters before (5 - 7 m ) and suddently break and I think the vehicke reduced the speed to 20 kmpl juse before go through the bump very roughly

After that incident check the car but didn't see major issue and driving also smooth as earlier

What i want to know , Is there possible issue due to this type of incident ?

and How can I find (or What section should I check) those things ?

Thanks

if its a regular sized bump it shouldnt be much of a issue hitting it at 20kmph (not kmpl)..

So if you dont see anything wrong, hear anything wrong or feel anything wrong the chances are there probably isnt.

Relax, you're not the first person to hit a bump or fall into a pothole without realizing it was there.

:)

If you didn't hear the undercarriage of the car hit the bump, I'd take Watchman's advice and relax. Pay attention next time and slow down in advance. The last thing you want is a three wheeler rear ending you because you came to a sudden stop. :)

• Like 1

I've taken the massive humps near Ganemulla Commando camp at closer to 100kmh (at least the 1st one, 2nd one might hv been at 80!). Being slightly pished / not familiar with the road and wanting to go home quickly and sleep was my excuse :P

I'm sure my car hates me after this and the front axle, suspension are worse for the wear but I could not see any cause for concern the next morning or even now a few months after.

I usually tend to do this often as these humps are cropping up in most unexpected places. Surely there is a law preventing every tom, dick and harry slapping down humps in front of their homes in the by roads? :speechless-smiley-004:

I've taken the massive humps near Ganemulla Commando camp at closer to 100kmh (at least the 1st one, 2nd one might hv been at 80!). Being slightly pished / not familiar with the road and wanting to go home quickly and sleep was my excuse :P

I'm sure my car hates me after this and the front axle, suspension are worse for the wear but I could not see any cause for concern the next morning or even now a few months after.

I usually tend to do this often as these humps are cropping up in most unexpected places. Surely there is a law preventing every tom, dick and harry slapping down humps in front of their homes in the by roads? :speechless-smiley-004:

there was a rather uneven are along my small lane towards my house. When the road was levelled, these people nearby got those guys to make humps specifically for me (although I dont speed there and it is a dead end).

Thereafter I intentionally put my foot on the accelerator when I approach it.

What kind of car do you have that has a front axle??