• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Rpm

kmcsb

my eg8 dashboard meter havent got any rpm meter...i seen a eg8 meterbaord tht support eg8 ..will tht can replz to it..will rpm work??

my one single carb..

plz help

this my current one

597691113_o.jpg

like to connect this one

IMGP7590.jpg

Edited by kmcsb

Kmcsb,

Instead of removing the existing meter board you can buy a separate RPM (Tachometer) and get same fitted to your car. I think the meter on your post picture is little bigger than the one what you have.

Separate RPM Meters are available at Motorchrome accessories dealer at Bary brook place Colombo 2 and get it wired to your ECU. By an auto electrician.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Wow, didnt know sylvi was into ricing/pimping rides... :P

OP:

I would think going for a new meter cluster is better and will give the vehicle more end hand value and aesthetic value than drilling the dashboardor using hard adhesives on it. As for the wiring, it shouldnt be too complex. If you're a DIY type get a few tips from wherever you buy it, or fellow DIYers. Else a place like S*n Lanka or P#tc0 should be able to sort it out for you.

Wow, didnt know sylvi was into ricing/pimping rides... :P

OP:

I would think going for a new meter cluster is better and will give the vehicle more end hand value and aesthetic value than drilling the dashboardor using hard adhesives on it. As for the wiring, it shouldnt be too complex. If you're a DIY type get a few tips from wherever you buy it, or fellow DIYers. Else a place like S*n Lanka or P#tc0 should be able to sort it out for you.

This is a bit OT but, when i tried to fix a meter cluster with the RPM to my old FB14, my mechanic said. its impossible to wire up the meter cluster since its originaly didnt came with an RPM?

is this true or does this mean my maka electricsion is useless?

Kmcsb,

I think the meter on your post picture is little bigger than the one what you have.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

It looks to me like the mounting screw holes are identical to what OP already has. The only thing bigger about the photo with the RPM meter is the image resolution.

As for the installation, I agree with Watchman on installing the OEM guage cluster. The tachometer wiring is built into the wire harness as far as I know (EG8 experts should be able to confirm), so all you'll have to do is just swap the cluster. If you want to retain the mileage of the car, you can take both old and new clusters apart and put your speed o' meter into the new one (or you can match it manually).

This is a bit OT but, when i tried to fix a meter cluster with the RPM to my old FB14, my mechanic said. its impossible to wire up the meter cluster since its originaly didnt came with an RPM?

is this true or does this mean my maka electricsion is useless?

Impossible like watchman says is probably a bit over the top. The wiring should normally already be there since the wiring loom tends to be standard for the model. The actual sensor might not be there but certainly the socket for it will be there so you just need to figure out what needs to plug where and what is missing.

There is a possibility it might work straight away because in EFI cars the ECU gets a feed on engine rpm so the sensors should already be there.

Edited by The Don

Machan both meteres are exact size .In fact all eg8,eg6,ejs came with similar gauge cluster with different type of dials.all the connector locations are identical and some have additional connectors for cruse control,gauge dimmer wiring,etc. Most probably your one too have rpm wiring. Even my wire harness have additional wire connector,probably for some higher spec model. Go through civic-eg.com, DIY section and you would be able to find more about conversion. If you are lucky enough, this may be just plug and play! :)

impossible is probably an overstatement.

There might not be a socket labelled "plug in tachometer here", but other variants in the model have it it should certainly be possible.

Impossible like watchman says is probably a bit over the top. The wiring should normally already be there since the wiring loom tends to be standard for the model. The actual sensor might not be there but certainly the socket for it will be there so you just need to figure out what needs to plug where and what is missing.

There is a possibility it might work straight away because in EFI cars the ECU gets a feed on engine rpm so the sensors should already be there.

That means my electrician is useless. he told me that a separate tachometer can be fixed but the original meter cluster cannot be fixed.

need to find a good electrician in kandy

That means my electrician is useless. he told me that a separate tachometer can be fixed but the original meter cluster cannot be fixed.

need to find a good electrician in kandy

Well technically the separate tacho would still use the same input wire from the ecu, so i dont see what he was rambling on about.

Yep like don said most efi cars get a pulse from the engine, usually a yellow color wire IIRC.

• 1 year later...

There's a Honda spare part place next to Wijerama Peoples bank ( Marichi auto or something similar). They had Eg single carb clusters for around 6-7k about 1y back. Also check with us autoparts & us car smile Dehiwala.

hi, can anyone tell me where can i buy a good condition EG8 speedometer like below... my one the tachometer RED OUTLINE is not working.. and The Front Panel BLUE OUTLINE Cracked

12313b0619d6_zps4fd2560a.png

Just a minor correction; the section in the red box is the trip meter. The tachometer is what is commonly known in Sri Lanka as the RPM meter.