• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying a new smartphone

Zambo

iOS 6 Maps vs iOS 5 Maps vs Android Maps

http://crave.cnet.co...-maps-50009259/

I know Apple maps sucks big time! specially when your in a different country and rely on Navigation software like maps. lack of transit data is a big dissapointment. luckily maps.google.com works fine through safari or chrome on iPhones. but it's not as smooth as standalone app.

maybe one of you guys can help me out here. I just upgraded my s2 to jellybean and non of the contacts in my sim card are showing up. Also, do I need to reinstall all my apps?

wait what!? how did you get Jellybean? :speechless-smiley-019: :speechless-smiley-019:

and if you had the update properly all your apps would be there, probably you did something wrong

wait what!? how did you get Jellybean? :speechless-smiley-019: :speechless-smiley-019:

and if you had the update properly all your apps would be there, probably you did something wrong

I have to agree with you on that. I updated from ICS to JB, and all apps and data on the phone was as it is... (I use a Galaxy Nexus)

maybe one of you guys can help me out here. I just upgraded my s2 to jellybean and non of the contacts in my sim card are showing up. Also, do I need to reinstall all my apps?

Go to people, and press the menu button. From there you should be able to select which sources will be used to populate contacts from. If you sync your contacts with google, leave that box ticked and the rest unticked.

The ICS update for my phone was released recently. I too had to do a complete wipe of the phone prior to upgrading it, but since I had taken the time to backup my apps, it really wasnt an issue. The time consuming part was adding all the accounts (9 in my case), and getting the calendar visibility sorted out. After that it was a cake walk, i just set play on auto update and left it connected to the office wimax the whole day.

it shouldn't loose any contacts if everything has gone as the way it should, but if u have synced your contacts with gmail, you will get those as soon as you signed in. and i recommend that way. But as a precaution, i backup my contacts to sd card before updating.

I have to agree with you on that. I updated from ICS to JB, and all apps and data on the phone was as it is... (I use a Galaxy Nexus)

Did you update through odin? or is it different for Nexus?

The ICS update for my phone was released recently. I too had to do a complete wipe of the phone prior to upgrading it, but since I had taken the time to backup my apps, it really wasnt an issue. The time consuming part was adding all the accounts (9 in my case), and getting the calendar visibility sorted out. After that it was a cake walk, i just set play on auto update and left it connected to the office wimax the whole day.

You must be doing it wrong, the way i update my S2 is like this:

1. Download the O/S

2. Drop it into PDA in Odin

3. Install

and apart from the O/S nothing else gets changed

used a rom. Took a few installations to get it right. Seems to be working fine other than the back lighting off the soft keys. It works but takes time. Either way I need to figure that out tomorrow.

Personally, I feel the tools should be adequate for the job. If you just need a phone for phone calls and sms, then no reason to bother with smartphones. But for lots of people in the IT sector, life revolves around information, and then a smartphone is a tool you need.

Hehehe, my nokia 1200 and I disagree.. :D

My my ... I guess you don't disagree anymore? :lol::P

I just got a notification that there's a update, and I i just clicked OK... took about 1/2 hour maybe for the download/installation, but pretty straight forward.

You must have updated through the air, you got Kies air in your phone?

used a rom. Took a few installations to get it right. Seems to be working fine other than the back lighting off the soft keys. It works but takes time. Either way I need to figure that out tomorrow.

You lost all your apps cuz you installed a custom ROM without taking a backup :D when you are installing a custom ROM you got to take a backup of your apps to your external SD card

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

How many of you have tried cutting a regular sim into a microsim? pleanty of tutorials and templates online, but just wanted to get some first hand experience on if it works. I'd rather cut it myself than goto the Telco and be charged a song to giveme a new sim or do the same thing..

Hey guys,

How many of you have tried cutting a regular sim into a microsim? pleanty of tutorials and templates online, but just wanted to get some first hand experience on if it works. I'd rather cut it myself than goto the Telco and be charged a song to giveme a new sim or do the same thing..

not my personal experience but me and a friend of mine went to a mobile phone repair shop to cut his sim to fit on his iphone and they cut the sim free of charge.

why dont u try your luck on that? ;)

I spoke to dialog, and they said not to attempt cutting the sim. They said they'll provide me with a microsim FOC, for corporate users.

That's good news :) Now the only thing left to figure out is if Abans will bring down the Nexus 4. Tho if they act like LG is in other countries, charging more that twice what the phone costs on Google's Play Store, might as well get it through someone. Tho I hear they are restricting the number of phones that can be bought from each Google ID now. This supply and demand situ sucks.

Hey guys,

It's pretty easy. I used a chopping board and knife

Hey guys,