• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Accleration Problem After Long Drive

hatharasinghe

Question

Hi all,

Weekend i went Badulla by Kia Spectra Auto Gear Car and no any issues.And once i back to colombo and after Avissawella i feel that vehical not accleration as i want and only it reaches 40Kmph and i noticed rpm at 2000 but couldnt speed further at all and sametime there was a AC issue as knew that the blower not working properly so i stop the engine and start again then it acclerated as normal but only could go nearly 2Km then same matter again stop the engine and started then ok but very short distance then i switch off the AC and tried to drive but the same results anyway came home lately and after overnight today i started and drove to colombo but no issue and AC also working properly .

i feel that after heating the engine something wrong on electrical or mechanical pls advice me to recover this matter.

Thanks all.

12 answers to this question

Hi all,

Weekend i went Badulla by Kia Spectra Auto Gear Car and no any issues.And once i back to colombo and after Avissawella i feel that vehical not accleration as i want and only it reaches 40Kmph and i noticed rpm at 2000 but couldnt speed further at all and sametime there was a AC issue as knew that the blower not working properly so i stop the engine and start again then it acclerated as normal but only could go nearly 2Km then same matter again stop the engine and started then ok but very short distance then i switch off the AC and tried to drive but the same results anyway came home lately and after overnight today i started and drove to colombo but no issue and AC also working properly .

i feel that after heating the engine something wrong on electrical or mechanical pls advice me to recover this matter.

Thanks all.

It sounds like the engine has gone into limp home mode. Did the check engine light or any working light come up?

Sadly to verify you might have to plug the car into a scanner.... I must say I'm not 100% sure that this is what has happened but what you describe is in line with what happens in limp home mode. Limp home mode is when the ECU retards the settings when it detects a problem with the engine to save the engine and help you get home.

It sounds like the engine has gone into limp home mode. Did the check engine light or any working light come up?

Sadly to verify you might have to plug the car into a scanner.... I must say I'm not 100% sure that this is what has happened but what you describe is in line with what happens in limp home mode. Limp home mode is when the ECU retards the settings when it detects a problem with the engine to save the engine and help you get home.

no any dashboard lights on as i told earlier post (What else to be done ) did the scanning and replaced air flow sensor and Ignition coil after that no issues and still no warning lights on then i checked the radiator coolent level, engine oil all are at correct level today morning it works as before no worrires thats why the worry its happen time to time ( after long drive )

Something similar happened to me on the way to Bandarawela and had to turn back becaus the car was just not going eventhough the RPM was high. It was a K12 and the A*W people said that it was due to a miss in the engine and that affected the "revolution sensor" to act funny. The O2 sensor was also replaced in the process.

the thing is today evening also i drove but no any trouble it drives as normal so now no one believe there is a problem so does it happen only after long drive or even without any problem at the moment , can mechanic find the problem or may he ask to come with the matter as i have some exp sometime they ask to come when the prob exist.ok ill check the ATF also and my case no any engine miss but though i paddle the acclelaration paddle either rpm or speed not increased.

Hi ,

Again this happen thistime i went badulla last friday nothing wrong and drove lot of hill sides but could drive as usual and today back to colombo and it starts at Avissawella as before only speedup upto 40Kmph and once i push the Acc paddle car speed goes down almost 0 but release the Acc paddle and re push it then again speed to 40 so had to drive releasing and pushing Acc Paddle and once engine switch off and re start can go some distance but speed not exceeds 50 and again it comes down and same way. so pls update me what may be the reason and i noticed even push Acc paddle seems no gear change it keeps same and pushing Acc occurs speed down once release Acc paddle and re push then speed upto 40.

Happend the same problem to me, on a 2012 B/N Mitsubishi L200. The vehicle accelerates automatically with huge noise and smoke.
then the Un!mo breakdown service, came, checked with the PC and they said they erased the fault. and apperently it had being a problem with the computer system.

Check the following;

1. Lambda/O2 sensor

2. TDC sensor

3. Air flow sensor

4. Throttle potenso sensor/ throttle body itself

5. Thermostat valve/ water temperature sensor

car is most probably getting an intermittent error and should be in limp home mode as The Don said. quite unusual the error to be not stored.

some of this may be not in your make of the car but these are the common issues as far as i know.

Worst case might be a bad ecu

just saw this is an old thread but thought this'll help

Edited by Alfisti

Hi ,

Again this happen thistime i went badulla last friday nothing wrong and drove lot of hill sides but could drive as usual and today back to colombo and it starts at Avissawella .....

Aha!!!! Awissawella....!!!! That is where the problem is....try avoiding Awissawella :sport-smiley-004:

• Like 1

Check the following;

1. Lambda/O2 sensor

2. TDC sensor

3. Air flow sensor

4. Throttle potenso sensor/ throttle body itself

5. Thermostat valve/ water temperature sensor

car is most probably getting an intermittent error and should be in limp home mode as The Don said. quite unusual the error to be not stored.

some of this may be not in your make of the car but these are the common issues as far as i know.

Worst case might be a bad ecu

just saw this is an old thread but thought this'll help

thanks for your comment yes checked all above at L*L A* placed last month finally found out the reason is there was a leakeges at the main fuse box and once do long run due to the heat some slots expand and loosen so then the current pass to the relavent sections are not the rated values so though it took week finally could repair it first divided fuse box two parts and re wire now its ok.

Edited by hatharasinghe