• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Corolla 141 - Shock Absobers

dheeban

Question

Hello Experts,

I run Toyota Corolla 141 (Permit one, Manufactured in 2007), It seems that I have to replace the shock absorbers.

Could someone give some light on the following.

1) Does it come with Gas/Oil shocks?

2) What would be the best brand? (Toyota is too expensive, about 30K/unit)

3) I haven't done 30,000Km yet, is it normal to replace the socks at this milage? or It is because of my driving (bad roads, heavy loads) etc.

4) Which one is good for our country Gas/Oil?

Thanks in Advance.

Dheeban !

8 answers to this question

Hello Experts,

I run Toyota Corolla 141 (Permit one, Manufactured in 2007), It seems that I have to replace the shock absorbers.

3) I haven't done 30,000Km yet, is it normal to replace the socks at this milage? or It is because of my driving (bad roads, heavy loads) etc.

Thanks in Advance.

Dheeban !

1) Well, it depends on what you have right now, if it is gas, you should go for gas. It got to be gas, but get it checked first. you may ask the agents.

2) For my knowledge, KYB is the best as they are the largest shock manufacturer and the market leader in JDM. But Tokico too is equally good.

3) Its quite unusual but as you have already mentioned, there are many parameters in to it.

4) Oil is good in comfort and gas for better handle. However, for my knowledge, most of the cars have gas shocks nowadays.

Edited by SimpleAuto

It is a bit unusual for the shocks to go bad after 30,000 km but it is even more unusual for a car manufactured in 2007 to have this mileage. Are you sure the mileage is genuine? On the other hand how did you determine your shocks were bad? As for after market shocks for JDMs my choice is K*B.

It is quite unusual for the shocks to go off at 30,000 km, unless you carry excessive loads in the boot or the mileage might not be genuine.

How about the tyres they should be originals (generally the original set will last over 40k)

I have the same car 1st batch of petrol cars imported in December 2007 which is still on originals (25,000 km) and my cousin has a 2008 mid with over 100,000 km still with originals.

Are you positive that it is shocks, from what I know Toyotas come with KYB & Tokico as OEM both are available outside I’m sure the price will be much less.

It is a bit unusual for the shocks to go bad after 30,000 km but it is even more unusual for a car manufactured in 2007 to have this mileage. Are you sure the mileage is genuine? On the other hand how did you determine your shocks were bad? As for after market shocks for JDMs my choice is K*B.

Even more suspicious is this person's name dheeban which seems to go with pdeeban who we know as a gurilla marketing bugger.

It is quite unusual for the shocks to go off at 30,000 km, unless you carry excessive loads in the boot or the mileage might not be genuine.

How about the tyres they should be originals (generally the original set will last over 40k)

I have the same car 1st batch of petrol cars imported in December 2007 which is still on originals (25,000 km) and my cousin has a 2008 mid with over 100,000 km still with originals.

Are you positive that it is shocks, from what I know Toyotas come with KYB & Tokico as OEM both are available outside I’m sure the price will be much less.

completely true if the car was less than 30 000km it should have the original set of tyers or else the owner should explain how they wear off so quickly.

Some car sales where cought red handed when i asked that question on cars run less than 20 000km :ph34r:

Some car sales where cought red handed when i asked that question on cars run less than 20 000km :ph34r:

and the reason I received was:"previous owner's driving was sporty....the engine is strong it would spin the wheels". Mind you this was an 1300cc A/T Corolla

30K for 1 Toyota shock-absorber ??? Considering that I picked up a single shock at front:8000yen/ rear:6500yen for a Hilux-Surf at the dealership; that is a lot. I am in the wrong line of work

Edited by iRage

Hello Experts,

Thanks in Advance.

Dheeban !

First check if you really need to change your shockabsorbers. What makes you think you need to may I ask? I'd expect the original pair of shocks to do at least 100K if not more and particularly since the vehicle was purchased brand new and used by you the mileage is reliable.