• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

1968 Datsun 510 Sedan (Project Datto)

Komisiripala

davy check the classic car search page on facebook. there was a photo album of some classic holden of chevy being sandblasted here. it was in negombo or some place like that. with a proper blaster.

That was done by someone on their personal project, Chanaka Jinasena's Buick IIRC. He mentioned that everything had to be specifically imported (It wasn't sand but some other kind of media). I don't think they do it commercially.

Notice that grey car has no door handles. I sw that a long time ago. Yup. Peter Brock is a Datsun legend. He led his team to victories in the pan-American rally series in 82-83. Driving a 510.

Overall nice guy. Still grinds custom cams for clients. There are Datsuns and then there are BRE Datsuns...

Notice that grey car has no door handles. I sw that a long time ago. Yup. Peter Brock is a Datsun legend. He led his team to victories in the pan-American rally series in 82-83. Driving a 510.

Overall nice guy. Still grinds custom cams for clients. There are Datsuns and then there are BRE Datsuns...

oh yes.. just noticed the door handles

The "no door handles" thing is very popular on Overhaulin'. They go all crazy with proximity sensors and all sorts of keyless entry systems on classics and they're pretty cool. Door handles totally shaved off.

Edit: Here you go:

Edited by Davy

So today only i knew what the BRE stands for in Giva's Datto. (Brock Racing Enterprise)

32165840016_large.jpg

32165840022_large.jpg

:speechless-smiley-020::sad-smiley-023: that is one mean looking machine... the stripes... oh the stripes... I think I'm also getting the datto fever... :wacko2:

its more like a confinement machan. he takes his time. i'm not expecting this back til 2014...

going again in a fortnight to pick up my interior and other little pieces

It's not exactly a touch up so it should take time to be done up properly. The metal seems to be in great shape! Luck seems to be on your side!

Well at first i was, but then i thought i'd get the k&n filter element and keep that old fashioned plenum. it looks nice! very retro... goes with keeping things all SSS spec. mind you the plenum alone sells for the price of this whole unit in USA. its really really rare!

got some more rare parts that came my way. as always, ;) ;) jaliya! got my mail?

This project thread is going to pass Project R soon. Just started and already in Page 25.

Komi, why did u sand it to bare metal? Cataloy or Rust? or is it a good practice when restoring an old baby?

all of the above!

some body damages were covered in layers of cataloy, and i want to even everything out and get the lines of the car aligned as perfectly as i can. sanding down to base metal gives a good idea of what condition the car is in, and exposes hidden rust as well.

its much easier than the honda. very basic panels and shapes. not all curvy and complicated.