• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Grand Vitara 2007

Janaka822

Question

Hi Friends,

Need your valuable advise on following matter.

Recently I came across a 2007 (brand new) Grand Vitara which has done around 110,000 km. body and interior looks good. Actually I was looking for a Vitara that has done around 70,000km. Hence I'm bit worried to by this vehicle since it has done over 110k. But one of my friends told this not a big deal for a 2000cc engine vehicle. Please let me know your views on this. Is this vehicle at a stage where it's starting to give lot of trouble? Has any of you used a Vitara over this mileage if so what is your experience? Pls advise.

11 answers to this question

:speechless-smiley-003: uhh....what kind of a condition is it in ?

Seen quite a few cars with about 30K on it which should belong in a junk yard and 200K+ vehicles that feels and looks like it just rolled off the factory.

This has been brought up in quite a few other threads, generally as long as a vehicle has been taken care of, 110K is not that much of an issue; and as long as you too are willing to take care of it it will live well beyond 110K kms

Don't know of any specific quirks and construction with the Vitara's engine and other components thus you or the previous owner taking care of it might mean having to do things like changing of timing belts (if it has a belt instead of a chain) or any other mileage specific/scheduled pre-emptive mechanical work.

people like OP are the reason odometers are adjusted....

...you hear about the blonde who wanted her car odo to be reversed before selling it? She asked one male friend about it and he said "my garage mechanic does it on the sly, go meet him at closing time" So she met him and got it done. A few weeks later, the male friend sees the blonde still driving around in the same car. "I thought you got the ODO reversed to sell this pile of junk"? he says. "Yea, your mechanic was amazing, he rolled it back from 180,000 to 20,000!" "So why didn't anybody buy it?" She says....

...wait for it.....

....wait for it......

"Why would I want to sell a car with just 20,000 on the ODO?"

:sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

:speechless-smiley-004:

LoL Jaliya84. Janaka, what these guys are trying to say might already be clear for ya. :) I too agree with them; as long as the vehicle is in a good condition - you are good. Take an experienced mechanic with you if you are going to purchase it - before you do that.

Members,

As this audiometer topic had come up on this thread I thought of posting about odometer adjusters.

There are very few of them existing in S/L who do a odometer adjusting correctly without damaging same.

Now they have no business due to very low imports of Japanese and other RHD used vehicles. One person have gone for importing of vehicles.

Original person who started this, now do more profitable automobile service.

He accidentally found this odometer adjustment when he did a testing of a odometer. More than 15 years ago.

Can adjust the meter reading by using a computer. He was originally a computer software builder and hardware problem solver.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Thanks for your inputs. In this case, vehicle was bought in brand new and serviced at agents throughout. And the service records supports the odometer reading. I'm particularly interested in knowing about the mechanical and other issues that is common to a Vitara after such a high usage.

Also how about your experience about the inspection package available at agents? Do you believe that report is good enough to decide the condition of the vehicle?

you need to take a chill-pill with a spoon of common sense..

This vehicle has been imported brand new, maintained at the agent and has a maintenance records to collaborate its mileage. I would rather buy this than a GV that the seller merely says was "lady driven" or "was used as a 2nd vehicle" or " has done only 60,000km".

But at the same time I believe it would be waste of a good vehicle if you were to buy it, cos you seem to be someone who'll buy a vehicle purely based on the mileage number plate and trim level.

Edited by Watchman

Thanks for your inputs. In this case, vehicle was bought in brand new and serviced at agents throughout. And the service records supports the odometer reading. I'm particularly interested in knowing about the mechanical and other issues that is common to a Vitara after such a high usage. Also how about your experience about the inspection package available at agents? Do you believe that report is good enough to decide the condition of the vehicle?

Seems like the vehicle has signs of being well taken care of. Like someone else suggested take a mechanic with you and get it checked out as part of your purchasing process.

You need to come to the realization of two points...

1. these are machines....as long as you take care of it it will do what it is supposed to do

2. as these are machines, just like any other type of machine, might have an unexpected breakage or two. (After all even a brand new car can get a faulty component); thus the point of point 1 is to minimize such failures to off-beat/non-routine occurrences.

I have no idea about the Vitara, nor am I sure if there are any direct Vitara owners/users on AL, but I am pretty sure you can come across plenty of Vitara related websites/forums to give you a general idea about the model.

Members,

As this audiometer topic had come up on this thread I thought of posting about odometer adjusters.

There are very few of them existing in S/L who do a odometer adjusting correctly without damaging same.

Now they have no business due to very low imports of Japanese and other RHD used vehicles. One person have gone for importing of vehicles.

You must be joking. On the contrary, odometer adjusters are mushrooming now.

Thanks for your inputs. In this case, vehicle was bought in brand new and serviced at agents throughout. And the service records supports the odometer reading. I'm particularly interested in knowing about the mechanical and other issues that is common to a Vitara after such a high usage. Also how about your experience about the inspection package available at agents? Do you believe that report is good enough to decide the condition of the vehicle?

What you need is a brand new vehicle with a warranty. If you can't afford a B/N Vitara, get a B/N Maruti or something. Because you are expecting a brand new vehicle's performance from a decade old car.

110000 is not a high usage. In another thread I talked about a 90s Ford Laser with 381000 on the clock and the car runs like it left the production line yesterday. And what's even more ironic is the fact that, that particular engine was made in Thailand or Malaysia (though rest of the car was made in Japan).