• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Doctors Car Pass

DNP

Members,

In 1980s a Parliamentarian registered a jeep long wheel base 4x4 as a Ambulance with a siren. I used to maintain his Tea estate Electrical machinery.

I requested him the reason to do that. His explanation was that when he is not the driver if police stop the vehicle on suspicion.

That time ethnic terrorist and one party who took arms to overthrow the government was very active with violence around the entire island.

Driver can escape without a fine that he is accompanying a estate worker patient who needs treatment in Colombo to General hospital.

There was always a cover to rap around body and a towel to cover the head, of the other person who is inside the Jeep.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi

• 2 weeks later...
Got pulled over for driving like an ass. Had a chat with the cops about the whole car pass thing. Restrictions, as far as they know, is for the V*P pass. To have one yo need to have documents from mod. Doc passes are no issue.

Komisiripala,

I think you are in the noble profession, What about the colors My son-in-law in private sector after the SL civil war ended he vacated post. Now he has a Blue color cross on his W/S. Early he had a red cross pasted on W/S.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Got pulled over for driving like an ass. Had a chat with the cops about the whole car pass thing. Restrictions, as far as they know, is for the V*P pass. To have one yo need to have documents from mod. Doc passes are no issue.

Good to hear that.

as far as they know, is for the V*P pass. To have one yo need to have documents from mod. Doc passes are no issue.

That's funny - how are they going to check that. no sane cop in this country would even think about stopping a vehicle with V*P stickers

May be they'll walk up to a parked car and asked the driver really really politely if the sticker is real :D

"Vacated post?" What do you mean sylvi? Where is he working now? Did he graduate from a local campus or foreign?

Komisiripala,

I suspected that your post was more towards Doctors beneficent.Therefore you're in noble profession. He is attached to Heart surgery unit in Colombo.

My son-in-law, S L as well as foreign. S L civil war zone last. I do not want to answer more questions because there one member will post a silly post to this reply.

Which he do always to start unwanted argument like early as I said I was invited to post again by a another member who also write S L automobile history.

When I have requested joint moderator to take all my posts and unsubscribe from this forum because I was humiliated I too have a self respect.

Therefore I had to retaliate for those early posts . That gave me 8 warning points. This forum there is a privilege member want to start another issue.

I hope I am the most senior member on this forum. Several members had PM not to get involve with this forum. I hope you will understand me.

I apologise for long reply.I hope you will understand me.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• Like 1

Komisiripala,

I suspected that your post was more towards Doctors beneficent.Therefore you're in noble profession. He is attached to Heart surgery unit in Colombo.

My son-in-law, S L as well as foreign. S L civil war zone last. I do not want to answer more questions because there one member will post a silly post to this reply.

Which he do always to start unwanted argument like early as I said I was invited to post again by a another member who also write S L automobile history.

When I have requested joint moderator to take all my posts and unsubscribe from this forum because I was humiliated I too have a self respect.

Therefore I had to retaliate for those early posts . That gave me 8 warning points. This forum there is a privilege member want to start another issue.

I hope I am the most senior member on this forum. Several members had PM not to get involve with this forum. I hope you will understand me.

I apologise for long reply.I hope you will understand me.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Sylvi, up until this point since your return I have studiously avoided responding to your posts in the hope that you would learn from your enforced absence and stop going miles off topic. But it looks like you are headed back to your old habits so this is a reminder.

KINDLY DO NOT GO OFF TOPIC. RESERVE YOUR LONG WINDED DISCUSSIONS TO THE AUTOMOTIVE HISTORY THREAD.

Hope that is clear. There will be zero tolerance for any of your "Yanne Koheda Malle Pol" posts from here on in.

Edited by Supra_Natural

My bad. Knowing sylv's propensity to ramble on I shouldn't have asked that question. Its none of my business anyway. Just curious because "vacating post" is considered a serious crime and such a doc will never be allowed to work in the. Government sector or pursue higher studies again.

But let it rest, for the record, I don't want to know. Sylvi, kind sir, please don't aggravate the masses by replying to this.

• Like 1

That's funny - how are they going to check that. no sane cop in this country would even think about stopping a vehicle with V*P stickers

May be they'll walk up to a parked car and asked the driver really really politely if the sticker is real :D

The thought occurred to me at the time. But considering how I had just misused my authority to get my balls out of the brambles (in my daddy's pulsar also. Wasn't even in the Teg) and had my tail between my legs to boot, didn't want to cross-examine the cop. If I get a sudu-iri-Aiyya as a patient (happens often) in clinic I'll have a chat with the bugger and ask him.

Super - Natural,

<Content removed>

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Sylvi, other people sending you e-mails is of no interest to me or this forum, neither is your decrypting or IP identifying or anything else. Those are your personal business. What i'm interested in is keeping the AL forum free of long winded nonsense. So stick to the topic, or else your posts will be removed.

End of Story.

Edited by Supra_Natural

Sylvi, other people sending you e-mails is of no interest to me or this forum, neither is your decrypting or IP identifying or anything else. Those are your personal business. What i'm interested in is keeping the AL forum free of long winded nonsense. So stick to the topic, or else your posts will be removed.

End of Story.

Super - Natural,

I wanted to say the past. You are doing your entrusted duty. I hope?

OK as you wish. Thank you for your reply.

Sylvi Wijesinghe

Super - Natural,

I wanted to say the past. You are doing your entrusted duty. I hope?

OK as you wish. Thank you for your reply.

Sylvi Wijesinghe

If you want to state "the past" use the dedicated history threads such as the one opened specifically with your name on it. Do not go off topic on other threads.

There will be no further warnings, OT posts from you will be removed.

• 2 weeks later...

Members,

There was move by police to remove all stickers’ and labels, from W/S on motor vehicles few days back.

R M V issued registered number of vehicle, photo stat copy of valid revenue license two stickers are allowed.

Doctors and other important V*P stickers are also allowed. Protect Sun light. 3 inch black film OK.

I was informed by a top P officer.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Members,

There was move by police to remove all stickers’ and labels, from W/S on motor vehicles few days back.

R M V issued registered number of vehicle, photo stat copy of valid revenue license two stickers are allowed.

Doctors and other important V*P stickers are also allowed. Protect Sun light. 3 inch black film OK.

I was informed by a top P officer.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

If your source of information is reliable, then, of course, it's a good move..

Edited by abcjayasinghe