• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Japanese Car News

Magnum

To commemorate the 10-year anniversary of their Netz dealerships, Toyota Motor Corporation has established the ZS Kirameki for their Voxy and released this special edition model on November 20 at Netz stores nationwide.

This special edition Voxy is based on the ZS and features black metallic paint and plating on the front grille as well as silver accents on its multi-information display dashboard for a cool and gorgeous look.

In addition, it comes equipped with exclusive features including dual power sliding doors w/ one-touch switch and UV cut green glass. As for its exterior, Toyota has established four colors including an exclusive Ice Titanium Mica Metallic.

The Voxy ZS Kirameki is priced from ¥2,724,686 to ¥2,949,942.

237866_1.jpg?fit=normal

237866_3.jpg?fit=normal

237866_2.jpg?fit=normal

mitsubishi_montero_sport_main.jpg

That looks nicer and proportionally more balanced than the pickup. I guess the front fascia has some styling queues from the next-gen Outlander PHEV concept which is drop dead gorgeous (I hope the production version of the latter won't be too far off from the concept).

That looks nicer and proportionally more balanced than the pickup. I guess the front fascia has some styling queues from the next-gen Outlander PHEV concept which is drop dead gorgeous (I hope the production version of the latter won't be too far off from the concept).

This is only a rendered image...not the actualy vehicle

Anyway AWM now offers the new Nissan X-Trail diesel for permit with 7 seaters this time, so it'll be a hard competition for Montero Sport

This is only a rendered image...not the actualy vehicle

Anyway AWM now offers the new Nissan X-Trail diesel for permit with 7 seaters this time, so it'll be a hard competition for Montero Sport

Missed that part :) ! Well..didn't read it actually...

Interesting about the X-trail. The last time I checked (a few weeks ago) Nissan Japan was still selling the old model as the "clean diesel" X-Trail with no proper info about a model change for it (this coupled with the fact that the new gasoline one is only available in a 2.0ltr variant, which I feel is somewhat under-powered for that car, seems to spark rumors about some sort of Hybrid down the road). At the end of the day the X-Trail is a much nicer/plusher vehicle than the Montero S. I guess the only thing the Montero S. has going for it is a more rugged 4wd system (presuming it still does have a proper 4wd system).

Edited by iRage

Missed that part :) ! Well..didn't read it actually...

Interesting about the X-trail. The last time I checked (a few weeks ago) Nissan Japan was still selling the old model as the "clean diesel" X-Trail with no proper info about a model change for it (this coupled with the fact that the new gasoline one is only available in a 2.0ltr variant, which I feel is somewhat under-powered for that car, seems to spark rumors about some sort of Hybrid down the road). At the end of the day the X-Trail is a much nicer/plusher vehicle than the Montero S. I guess the only thing the Montero S. has going for it is a more rugged 4wd system (presuming it still does have a proper 4wd system).

I assume the one offered here has a 1.6L diesel like whats found in UK.

Yep the Montero Sport will have an upper hand in off roading.

I assume the one offered here has a 1.6L diesel like whats found in UK.

Yep the Montero Sport will have an upper hand in off roading.

Oooh...curious how that works out. Again they seem to have lowered the power out put of a car that has increased in size/weight. The 2.0ltr turbo charged diesel engine of the JDM clean diesel was rated at around 170ps or something whilst, if I remember right, the 1.6L is NA and is rated at about 120 (or 130)ps. think the torque rating was lower too...

Oooh...curious how that works out. Again they seem to have lowered the power out put of a car that has increased in size/weight. The 2.0ltr turbo charged diesel engine of the JDM clean diesel was rated at around 170ps or something whilst, if I remember right, the 1.6L is NA and is rated at about 120 (or 130)ps. think the torque rating was lower too...

according to this review looks like you need a bigger engine if you were to carry 7 people

P.S the video would have been better if it was reviewed by Matt

Edited by Magnum

according to this review looks like you need a bigger engine if you were to carry 7 people

So it is plagued with the same curse as the gasoline variant. Driving around town in traffic the 2.0ltr was fine but trying to go up hills or stepping on it when entering the highway it was just sluggish (presumably it would be the same with 7 ppl or with weight...unless they were kids of course...). Sad...

• 3 weeks later...

2015 Toyota Aqua and Toyota Aqua X-URBAN

Toyota, and at the same time a minor change the company's popular flagship compact hybrid "AQUA (Aqua)", add set the new was finished in crossover style of vehicle height 20mm up grade "X-URBAN", released from December 8 me started. Vehicle body price, 1,761,382 yen to 2,046,109 yen. For even Welcab (manufacturer completion specially equipped vehicles), I have been made ​​based vehicles similar improvement. ("X-URBAN" it is new setting in this minor change ※, the commercial version of the concept model of Toyota Motor East Japan proposed at the Tokyo Motor Show held in November 2013 "AQUA CROSS (Aqua Cross)".) "This The minor changes, with the aim of making further emphasize the individuality of Aqua, in addition to setting the new grade "X-URBAN" crossover style, and change the design of the interior and exterior. Exterior and advanced and active impression, interior was emphasize design the quality of. In addition, as choose your own Aqua, outer plate color 14 colors, the interior color 7 colors, and a combination of "X-URBAN" private parts color option, it was realized the color variations of the 174 ways. In addition, JC08 mode running fuel economy 37.0km / L of the world's top is intact, even improves handling stability and comfort. "(From Toyota)

-google translate-

o0705035013154750210.jpg

o0600035613154750207.jpg

o0600034513154750208.jpg

o0600034913154784744.jpg

o0600034013154784742.jpg

More on the Kei car theme...Honda releases a new version of the N-Box, the N-Box Slash...nothing much different than the normal N-Box other than a "sexy" ,as the article claims) body..

20141222-01000062-autocone-000-1-view.jp

20141222-01000062-autocone-003-1-view.jp030_o.jpg032_o.jpg

Isnt N-Box the best selling kei car in Japan?

Not sure if it was just the N=Box or the whole N platform which includes the N-One, etc...but yes I did hear something to that effect.

I saw the top 10 Kei cars sold in Japan somewhere the funny thing was the Suzuki Every wasnt even in the list :o

I saw the top 10 Kei cars sold in Japan somewhere the funny thing was the Suzuki Every wasnt even in the list :o

What is a Suzuki Every ? Is it that little van thing ?

The thing is those vans are classified/marketed as business vehicles so the average people don't buy them for general use. Where Suzuki is concerned you see a lot of Lapins (in various rims ranging from Hello Kitty to some weird bunny packages) and variants of Wagon Rs around (both the Suzuki and Mazda ones) and since recently the "mature" folk seem to go for the Hustler (which to my amusement even had a package that made it look like a spotty mushroom).

and there was a Daihatsu/Toyota Tanto craze going wild as well...

Edited by iRage

The thing is those vans are classified/marketed as business vehicles so the average people don't buy them for general use. Where Suzuki is concerned you see a lot of Lapins (in various rims ranging from Hello Kitty to some weird bunny packages) and variants of Wagon Rs around (both the Suzuki and Mazda ones) and since recently the "mature" folk seem to go for the Hustler (which to my amusement even had a package that made it look like a spotty mushroom).

Machan, I read somewhere that Suzuki has come up with Wagon R hybrid... is that right? any feedback on the damn thing?

Now this is going to be a thel-masuraa's wet dream

• Like 2

Yes Wagon R Hybrid has been there for sometime actually. They call it Ene-Charge or One-charge or something like that. The first version of it (called just ENE-CHARGE) only powered the accessories from the hybrid system's battery and as a result they claimed to have reduced the alternator "capacity" thus reducing the burden of load on the engine. I believe it is this version that still exists in the Swift <again..not 100% certain>. The latest version S-ENE ? S-ENE charge ??, just like any other Hybrid has an electric motor that assists the engine as well as power the ancillary devices. As for reviews...sorry no idea...I haven't looked it up or anything nor have I gone to test drive it. <again I am just going by memory and really don't know the detailed differences between the ENE-Charge systems, etc...>

I thought I saw one advertised for import on another online car sales website.

Edited by iRage

Theres a passenger model as well, only few of them in SL. I checked out one. it had plenty of bells and whistles like power sliding doors, digital climate control A/C and so on

Funny thing is i haven't seen of those top selling Kei models in SL, probably they are more expensive compared to the Indian alternatives

Edited by Magnum