• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Japanese Car News

Magnum

All new Nissan Navara

The Aussie version is available either with rear multi-link or leaf spring suspension but the Thailand version only gets leaf spring suspension for rear.

Im not very familiar with suspension set ups, is multi-link suspension the common set up used for rear suspension in cars? or is it something else?

2015-nissan-navara-1.jpg

nissan-navara-2015-np300-frontier-cabin.

2015-Nissan-Navara-offical-image-interio

Toyota exaggerates with Corolla Nurburgring Edition

Toyota has prepared a Nürburgring Edition for the Corolla built and sold in Thailand.

Using "Corolla" and "Nürburgring" in the same sentence rarely happens, but Toyota Thailand has decided to prepare a special edition to celebrate the 7th place finish for a Toyota Corolla Altis in its class at last year's Nürburgring 24-hour endurance race.

This limited-run model is based on the ESport version, but adds 17-inch alloys, prominent front bumper and a piano black grille while the rear end hosts a spoiler and a faux diffuser. Inside the cabin it has gained black leather-wrapped seats along with red inserts on the door panels and dashboard.

Power comes from the same 4-cylinder 1.8-liter engine developing 141 HP (104 kW) and 177 Nm (130 lb-ft) channeled to the front wheels through a CVT. Set to be offered in either a Black Mica or White Pearl body paint, the Toyota Corolla ESport Nürburgring Edition will also benefit from a revised suspension granting superior handling compared to the lesser versions.

247921175551799038.jpg

210753569393466927.jpg

17421444001357259286.jpg

Mazda, in January, will have the new Axela in gasoline, diesel and hybrid variants.

It will have a 2.0 ltr Gasoline SkyActive engine coupled with a hybrid system from Toyota.

Axela_HV_23.jpgAxela_HV_01.jpgAxela_HV_29.jpg

Wo..that'll change the perception abt the hybrid engine dynamics ...specially the 2.0 litre hybrid unit.Awesome.

Wo..that'll change the perception abt the hybrid engine dynamics ...specially the 2.0 litre hybrid unit.Awesome.

Uhh..you do know that you are commenting on posts i made almost 1.5 years ago (i.e. a few months before the car was actually launched, i.e. i.e. the car is already launched)

There should be another post of a white Outlander which is the next generation. That one had LED lights etc..but Magnum I believe posted a more recent spy shot or something of it.

Uhh..you do know that you are commenting on posts i made almost 1.5 years ago (i.e. a few months before the car was actually launched, i.e. i.e. the car is already launched)

There should be another post of a white Outlander which is the next generation. That one had LED lights etc..but Magnum I believe posted a more recent spy shot or something of it.

Yeah its a lil above his post :P

and enter the RAV4 Hybrid. Toyota will apparently release it at the NY Motor Show and so far the model is only for the US market. Japan still has not seen the latest RAV4 (It was first rumored that ithe RAV4 would be scrapped from the JDM market but later on Toyota Japan claimed the delay was because of the launch of the new Harrier during the same period in which apparently shares the same platform with the latest RAV4). I hope it doesn't become like the Vezel over here (unlikely because the RAV4 is priced higher and larger engined)

20150327-10220964-carview-000-2-view.jpg

and enter the RAV4 Hybrid. Toyota will apparently release it at the NY Motor Show and so far the model is only for the US market. Japan still has not seen the latest RAV4 (It was first rumored that ithe RAV4 would be scrapped from the JDM market but later on Toyota Japan claimed the delay was because of the launch of the new Harrier during the same period in which apparently shares the same platform with the latest RAV4). I hope it doesn't become like the Vezel over here (unlikely because the RAV4 is priced higher and larger engined)

20150327-10220964-carview-000-2-view.jpg

If this gets the 1.8L set up from the Prius(probably it will) Vezel will be out the window :P

If this gets the 1.8L set up from the Prius(probably it will) Vezel will be out the window :P

I think it will be larger than a 1.8L because:

1. If it shares SO MUCH with the Harrier they might simply bring over the engines (2.0L gasoline / 2.5 Hybrid same 2AR-FXE from the Camry) and drive trains. Besides it was stated that the RAV4, when launched in Japan, will be positioned as a cheaper alternative for the Harrier. So why not.... On the other hand they could have a previously unannounced 2.0L Hybrid combo. Also they do have the 2.4L Hybrid out of the SAI.

A 2.0:+ engine would make it easy to compete against the X-Trail and CR-V (which might be scrapped from the Japanese market after the current model). A smaller engine would just kill it against the competition due to weight factors impeding on its capabilities compared to the competition. All Japanese cars in this segment have become some sort of softy crossover but the manufacturers still put them across as vehicles capable of doing some light off-roading unlike the Juke and the Vezel. An engine out of a Prius/Noah/Voxy simply does not help their cause.

The RAV4 has always been a much heavier vehicle than the Prius ranges and marginally heavier than the Voxy/Noah twins and the new one is no different. True they did put the 1.8 in to the Voxy/Noah, but compared to the RAV4 both those cars have always been quite sluggish.

There have been spy shots of a smaller cross over that Lexus is working on and is rumored to have a Toyota variant which will be placed at the same segment as the Rush and to compete with the Joke and the Vezel (again..rumors about the Toyota variant).

Again....all of the above is just me speculating....they could just as well stick in a 660cc engine for all I know :)

So the NY motor show is going on and some of the Japanese manufacturers unveiled some new models and concepts....

1) Lexus released the new RX..which looks like a overgrown NX...

02_w1920.jpg?tm=150402174430&type=resize04_w1920.jpg?tm=150402174430&type=resize

2) For sometime Toyota - US has been talking about sourcing a Mazda sedan for a new Scion model..and they apparently took a Mazda 2 sedan and made it look ugly...

02_w1920.jpg?tm=150402120333&type=resize03_w1920.jpg?tm=150402120333&type=resize

3) The new Outlander looks pretty

01_w1920.jpg?tm=150326171114&type=resize02_w1920.jpg?tm=150326171114&type=resize

4) The new Civic Coupe'...still missing the old school Hondas

01_w1920.jpg?tm=150402115200&type=resize07_w1920.jpg?tm=150402115200&type=resize

4) The new/updates Maxima...

01_w1920.jpg?tm=150326171129&type=resize02_w1920.jpg?tm=150326171129&type=resize

Apart from that there are a few others that can be seen at the official NYMS website and various other car sites....

Mean while across the ocean in Japan, the Fielder and Axio get an update. For starters it is going to have Toyota Safety Sense C? ; some notable features are

- Collision avoidance system with PCS (Pre-Crash Safety)..automatic braking....

- Lane Departure Alert which detects white and YELLOW line markings (I have no idea why they emphasized the yellow lines...do other systems not detect yellow lines ?)

- Automatic High Beam (AHB) that automatically switches between High/Low beam when oncoming traffic is detected

<I can't figure out the japanese regarding the other safety features>.

EDIT: Okay figured it out...

- Front vehicle movement warning. If you come to a stop behind another vehicle (as in a traffic light) an alarm will sound notifying you if the car in front starts moving and goes further than 4m whilst you are still stationary.

The gasoline engine apparently has better fuel efficiency figures now and drivers' left foot rest is STANDARD on ALL models now except MT variants. Wait..that little plastic piece was optional on some grades ?!!!

Needless to say they also updated it looks....Yes...now it looks uglier..... They incorporated that weird front end of the Toyota Mai...

20150330-20102401-carview-005-7-view.jpg

granted I do like the updated tail lights of the Fielder. Very reminiscent of a legacy wagon :)

20150330-20102401-carview-016-7-view.jpg20150330-20102401-carview-015-7-view.jpg

Edited by iRage

More on Toyota Safety Sense C...

Apparently it is called Toyota Safety Sense and comes in two "levels" The base level is Toyota Safety Sense C which will come in Toyota's entry class vehicles including the Corolla Axio/Fielder. The second level called Safety Sense P will be introduced to all mid and higher level models starting from the Prius upwards.

Haven't figured out what P has but C comprises of what was posted in the Axio/Fielder update post above

Mean while across the ocean in Japan, the Fielder and Axio get an update. For starters it is going to have Toyota Safety Sense C? ; some notable features are

- Collision avoidance system with PCS (Pre-Crash Safety)..automatic braking....

- Lane Departure Alert which detects white and YELLOW line markings (I have no idea why they emphasized the yellow lines...do other systems not detect yellow lines ?)

- Automatic High Beam (AHB) that automatically switches between High/Low beam when oncoming traffic is detected

EDIT: Okay figured it out...

- Front vehicle movement warning. If you come to a stop behind another vehicle (as in a traffic light) an alarm will sound notifying you if the car in front starts moving and goes further than 4m whilst you are still stationary.

The gasoline engine apparently has better fuel efficiency figures now and drivers' left foot rest is STANDARD on ALL models now except MT variants. Wait..that little plastic piece was optional on some grades ?!!!

Needless to say they also updated it looks....Yes...now it looks uglier..... They incorporated that weird front end of the Toyota Mai...

[img=http://amd.c.yimg.jp/amd/20150330-20102401-carview-005-7-view.jpg]

granted I do like the updated tail lights of the Fielder. Very reminiscent of a legacy wagon :)

[img=http://amd.c.yimg.jp/amd/20150330-20102401-carview-016-7-view.jpg][img=http://amd.c.yimg.jp/amd/20150330-20102401-carview-015-7-view.jpg]

they have come up with a new gasoline engine eh

I have mixed feelings about how the front looks but the rear looks better now.

Edited by Magnum

they have come up with a new gasoline engine eh

I have mixed feelings about how the front looks but the rear looks better now.

Yes the front has that weird Mirai look....I don't think it is new..seems like it has the same 1NZ-FE base. Lke what they dd with the Viz, I guess they made some improvements in making it more efficient. With the Vitz engine they made the engine more "heat" efficient and reduced friction etc....

Any update on the allion 2015?

I have noticed that there are 2015 premios for sale but not the allion.

It seems they are in for a model change hence take time to sought it out?

Well rumor always has been a new one towards the latter part of 2015. The Allion is still on sale in Japan.

• Like 1

Well apparently only the CVT has the 2NR-FKE...again the 2NR-FKE is pretty much the 2NR-FE with the thermal improvement "tech' (like what they did for the Vitz's 1NR-FKE). So the engine is not entirely new...it is an improved 2NR-FE.

Didn't the pre facelift come with 1NZFE? And that Outlander looks some what like the CRV

yes...and some grades/variants still do (MT and AWD ?). The 2NR was I believe around in some export models cars...not sure if it was in Japan before...

So the NY motor show is going on and some of the Japanese manufacturers unveiled some new models and concepts....

1) Lexus released the new RX..which looks like a overgrown NX...

[img=http://img01cv.c.yimg.jp/ycv/motorshow/article/13/1739/02_w1920.jpg?tm=150402174430&type=resize&quality=90&width=480&height=640]04_w1920.jpg?tm=150402174430&type=resize

2) For sometime Toyota - US has been talking about sourcing a Mazda sedan for a new Scion model..and they apparently took a Mazda 2 sedan and made it look ugly...

[img=http://img01cv.c.yimg.jp/ycv/motorshow/article/13/1737/02_w1920.jpg?tm=150402120333&type=resize&quality=90&width=480&height=640]03_w1920.jpg?tm=150402120333&type=resize

3) The new Outlander looks pretty

[img=http://img01cv.c.yimg.jp/ycv/motorshow/article/13/1740/01_w1920.jpg?tm=150326171114&type=resize&quality=90&width=480&height=640]02_w1920.jpg?tm=150326171114&type=resize

4) The new Civic Coupe'...still missing the old school Hondas

[img=http://img01cv.c.yimg.jp/ycv/motorshow/article/13/1756/01_w1920.jpg?tm=150402115200&type=resize&quality=90&width=480&height=640]07_w1920.jpg?tm=150402115200&type=resize

4) The new/updates Maxima...

[img=http://img01cv.c.yimg.jp/ycv/motorshow/article/13/1741/01_w1920.jpg?tm=150326171129&type=resize&quality=90&width=480&height=640]02_w1920.jpg?tm=150326171129&type=resize

Apart from that there are a few others that can be seen at the official NYMS website and various other car sites....

So the Harrier and RX aren't the same now? This actually looks far better than the Harrier. The harrier looks like some kind of extinct animal to me lol

So the Harrier and RX aren't the same now? This actually looks far better than the Harrier. The harrier looks like some kind of extinct animal to me lol

Hasn't been for a while now...the last time the RX and the Harrier was the same was with the U30 series. Ever since the current RX (the L10 series...not the one in the pic above but the one still being sold and outgoing) came out the RX and Harrier have not been "verbatim" /exact copies of each other. Toyota claims the new Harrier is based on the latest RAV4 (A40 series) but I think the current RX also shares a similar relationship.