• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Express-Way Updates

Le Sabre

Question

If I remember correctly, the great Senna did not die of driver error. His steering column failed and no amount of skill will save you from that.

I honestly cannot remember the exact how it happened.... but just like that it could happen to anyone, even your friend Bugatti with all his driving skills as you claim, may find it difficult to get out of such a situation ( steering or break failure or a burst tyre) when at 220. But at 100 it maybe bit more manageable...

And this is the point Sajith83 is trying to stress.

Most of us may drive fast, and its no big deal driving at that speed on clear open road if the car is capable of it, but a few are cocky enough to brag about it......

I honestly cannot remember the exact how it happened.... but just like that it could happen to anyone, even your friend Bugatti with all his driving skills as you claim, may find it difficult to get out of such a situation ( steering or break failure or a burst tyre) when at 220. But at 100 it maybe bit more manageable...

And this is the point Sajith83 is trying to stress.

Most of us may drive fast, and its no big deal driving at that speed on clear open road if the car is capable of it, but a few are cocky enough to brag about it......

Really? You can't remember how it happened? Yet you quoted his death as an example? Why quote an incident if you are not sure of the exact details?

Well, worrying about what could happen on the road will only result you staying at home, hiding under the bed holding on to your car keyes, isn't it?

We all die one day. Some before others, some having some excitement in their lives before they do.. ;)

Come on, Live a little.

All of you are starting sound like a bunch of little pigtailed girls in pink frocks holding on to their precious Barbie Dolls :)

If all of you are so scared of others doing excessive speeds on the E01, and you losing control of your car along with your sphincters then there is alwasys the 'safer' alternative... the Galle Road... :)

Because none of your wailings here will make some people slow down.

Peri, NOW I am starting sound self righteous, ain't it... :)

• Like 2

If I remember correctly, the great Senna did not die of driver error. His steering column failed and no amount of skill will save you from that.

Err.... Spent millions on the car and got probably the worlds best engineers + mechs to look after it, still the steering column failed and killed him :speechless-smiley-006:

So if it happened on the Senna's car what makes you think it won't happen to others who push theirs to the limit.. either a maruti or a lambo

Just making a point nothing more...

• Like 2

Ran the E01 bout six times, and did a bit over 220 on the last run. couldn't exceed it as there were vehicles on the right lane doing the usual 100. Need to sort out the aerodynamics on the side mirrors as it was quite noisy.

Ran the Rx-8 about 4 times.....hit 200+ on the last run...was catching up with Bugatti since he left early....... He did not have to wait too long at the Pinnaduwa exit for me... :)

what i dont get is why all the dicipline in the express way.. why not start at main roads inside the country first huh.. how many times are u going to use the express way... my thing is we have some super perfomrance cars which have never gone over 100 because of our roads.. we have brought down 600 HP monsters with no where to go... the express way is the only place they can even get some value out of that money spent...

so here it is: say a prayer and be safe.. if the cops get u then its ur fault no one elses... and for all the others who wants to stay safe and stay in the 100 range please stay on the slow lane... so that others can humbly pass u... accidents happen when u guys try to either keep up or change lanes at will...

Edited by charitha19

It maybe that some of the drivers might be suffering from "I'm chicken to go fast/have no confidence, but I still don't like others to overtake me so let's make everyone fall in line" type of mentality!

Sigh...... :speechless-smiley-004:

if some one intend to drive over 100Km/h is illegal, and peri please give the contact details of who saying we have drive more than 100 Km/h speed at E01. we will contact them

I am working at RDA projects. if someone break or support to break the rules by sharing ideas and words is a accused in the law. please keep the Forum away from these people

if some one intend to drive over 100Km/h is illegal, and peri please give the contact details of who saying we have drive more than 100 Km/h speed at E01. we will contact them

I am working at RDA projects. if someone break or support to break the rules by sharing ideas and words is a accused in the law. please keep the Forum away from these people

Delighted to hear it.

You can start by arresting the Transport Minister :)

Once you arrest him, we will willingly line up in front of a police station to be charged too

• Like 9

Delighted to hear it.

You can start by arresting the Transport Minister :)

Once you arrest him, we will willingly line up in front of a police station to be charged too

We are not arresting people we cant make the rules become true, if there are people like you with bad attitudes. this is a serious problem in here. think machan and understand what's your attitude......

you have mean that if someone willing to do bad things you also suppose to do so. bad at all.......

Edited by jami

Here is the deal machan.

First arrest Kunu Silva and Kudu Silva and the n number of politicians that brazenly walk away after murder, extortion and drug peddling in broad day light, and I assure NO ONE, I repeat , NO ONE will dare to break the 100 kmph even by a whisker :)

PS: I acknowledge your good intentions. Just understand the hopeless situation of law and order we are in at the moment. You cant hope that the sprats like us will stick to the rules when the sharks get away with murder

• Like 2

Here is the deal machan.

First arrest Kunu Silva and Kudu Silva and the n number of politicians that brazenly walk away after murder, extortion and drug peddling in broad day light, and I assure NO ONE, I repeat , NO ONE will dare to break the 100 kmph even by a whisker :)

PS: I acknowledge your good intentions. Just understand the hopeless situation of law and order we are in at the moment. You cant hope that the sprats like us will stick to the rules when the sharks get away with murder

We all know the country situation machan but why we also intend to do the same like "Kunu silva" do If your doing the same and do you advice to your son to do the same??? I don't think so, please share the good things around here and always be there to avoid bad things.

• Like 1

we have brought down 600 HP monsters with no where to go... the express way is the only place they can even get some value out of that money spent...

so here it is: say a prayer and be safe.. if the cops get u then its ur fault no one elses... and for all the others who wants to stay safe and stay in the 100 range please stay on the slow lane... so that others can humbly pass u... accidents happen when u guys try to either keep up or change lanes at will...

Are you retarded? your saying if you have a high performance car then go for it on the expressway? Of all dumb ass comments, this one takes the cake.

It's a public road, not an excuse for anyone to have a track day.

• Like 1

What we really need on the E01 are restrooms every 10kms. I almost took a dump in my pants a few days ago,was saved by a recently opened franchisee of a popular restaurant chain at the Colombo end of the highway.

Look, all I'm saying is, if the Transport minister was charged for speeding in the first day E01 was opened, NO one would've dared the break the law thereafter.

Now what's the point of making these proclamations when the general public has been given a live demonstration of how to break the law in first day of E01 it self. The bloody AH actually bragged about breaking law in front of cameras.

Anyway, your point is well taken. At least lets stop behaving like kunu silva minions before we turn ourselves in to complete savages

Edited by liya