• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Advice To Guy A Used Car

Kmadhuranga

Question

Hey guys im going to buy my 1st car,my budget below 1.7m(17laks)

these are im looking models

Lancer CS1

Honda EK3

Suzuki Swift 1.3

Starlet Glanza or GT

i need advice what wll be the good car to buy for me, meaning about Petrol consumption/Maintanance/,

if it is Auto gear or triptronic system how about the maintanace and repairs,

same time if u have to sell a good car fit to my budget plz inform me 0777379509.

i do not have a good knowledge how to select a good car,plz help me,

thannk you

12 answers to this question

You want to 'Guy' a used car?

kinky

anyway seems like you dont have a specific criteria, you just need a car

if fuel consumption and maintaince is something you look for forget the Starlet GT/Glanza

from what i think the easiest to maintain and will return good fuel economy from your list is the Swift and the lancer.

there is no special maintaince for these cars, just make sure to change the ATF oil in the required time period (usually 15000km)

Good Luck and welcome to AL

I would recommend a March Ak12. Recently bought it. The fuel consumption of the vehicle is very good. Does about 10.8-11KM/L (90 Octane) in city limits. The second hand market of vehicles has crashed at the moment. Now is a good time to go for a vehicle as the prices of such will most probably go up (As a result of the tax revision on used vehicles). Please look at the ownership of the vehicle. Go for a 1st owner vehicle registered in that person's own name if you can. Also if your budget is 1.7 million, do not buy the vehicle for that price as you should have at least 50k spare for the necessary things that you most probably will have to do after buying a second hand vehicle. You might have to spend for engine oil, ATF fluid, tyres, Air and Oil filter, engine and under carriage wash, interior cleaning etc. depending on the particular vehicle that you hope to buy and your personal specifications. If I am only given the choice on the vehicles that you have submitted would go for swift, 1.3. Still might have to look a bit, as on my little knowledge it goes for more than that unless if there is a catch somewhere.

Edited by Niranjan de Silva

I beg to differ on the march. A friend has an ak12 and it is the benchmark of shoddy engineering. Every component on it has broken. This is not after rough use, mind you. Rather, bad upkeep and lack of motoring knowledge by The first and only owner. Parts replaced so far:

1. Engine. Yes. The entire engine. The k-10 was so reamed that it was cheaper to fix a k-12 in there.

2. Entire front suspension assembly. Bushes cut to pieces

3. Entire rear lower brace with bushes. Same story

4. Radiator

5. Gearbox overhaul.

This is a KA plate car. Granted it was maintained like a maradana prostitute, but still, my mechanic pointed out so many little areas where they have cut corners and used substandard stuff, as compared to older jap cars.

Fuel economy isn't that great either. Yes, it's better than the previous model, the auto of which does about the same as my Teg. But still behind cars in its class. It's underpowered. The 1200cc engine is yielding much better figures, and there's a palpable improvement in torque.

• Like 1

I beg to differ on the march. A friend has an ak12 and it is the benchmark of shoddy engineering. Every component on it has broken. This is not after rough use, mind you. Rather, bad upkeep and lack of motoring knowledge by The first and only owner. Parts replaced so far: 1. Engine. Yes. The entire engine. The k-10 was so reamed that it was cheaper to fix a k-12 in there. 2. Entire front suspension assembly. Bushes cut to pieces 3. Entire rear lower brace with bushes. Same story 4. Radiator 5. Gearbox overhaul. This is a KA plate car. Granted it was maintained like a maradana prostitute, but still, my mechanic pointed out so many little areas where they have cut corners and used substandard stuff, as compared to older jap cars. Fuel economy isn't that great either. Yes, it's better than the previous model, the auto of which does about the same as my Teg. But still behind cars in its class. It's underpowered. The 1200cc engine is yielding much better figures, and there's a palpable improvement in torque.

Point noted. There are three models of the particular car. K12, AK12 and BK12. K12 having an engine capacity of 1000CC. Ak12 and BK12 having an engine capacity of 1240CC and 1380CC respectively. "The k-10 was so reamed that it was cheaper to fix a k-12 in there"- I do not understand the meaning of this phrase, please clarify if possible. Furthermore the observations of this particular Nissan March AK12 seems to be vehicle specific as a result of very bad maintenance.

Dude Kmadhuranga

I have used both Glanza V and a Starlet GT (body kit with 4E-FE engine 1330cc model) Glanza is a nice car with 4E-FTE engine and its 1998 model but not that Eco at all :violent-smiley-027: , at a time its expensive than a Ford Falcon XR6, but Standard Starlet GT one of the best Eco cars i had and very easy to sell too

Also Kmadhuranga please go with a guy who has a very good knowledge of vehicles when choosing a car if you do not have the requisite knowledge. I did that myself and it paid off. Was looking for a vehicle for two months and was very frustrated towards the end. Still as a result of the research was able to get a very good deal. My advice is first decide on the vehicle make that you want in particular and then start your search and don't waver unless there are compelling reasons to do so. Also one of my best buddies own a Suzuki Swift 1300cc and he is very happy with the performance. It is a 2005 model and as to the information provided by him does about 11-12Km/L in city limits. As for the Ak12 argument I also drive a Toyota Passo (father's vehicle) and I prefer the AK12. The Passo is a 1000cc and does only about 9.5-10 Km/L in city limits. Furthermore the ride is not smooth as the older AK12 (2002 manufactured). Anyhow all of these are personal preferences which will obviously vary depending on the particular individual.

I beg to differ on the march. A friend has an ak12 and it is the benchmark of shoddy engineering. Every component on it has broken. This is not after rough use, mind you. Rather, bad upkeep and lack of motoring knowledge by The first and only owner. Parts replaced so far: 1. Engine. Yes. The entire engine. The k-10 was so reamed that it was cheaper to fix a k-12 in there. 2. Entire front suspension assembly. Bushes cut to pieces 3. Entire rear lower brace with bushes. Same story 4. Radiator 5. Gearbox overhaul. This is a KA plate car. Granted it was maintained like a maradana prostitute, but still, my mechanic pointed out so many little areas where they have cut corners and used substandard stuff, as compared to older jap cars. Fuel economy isn't that great either. Yes, it's better than the previous model, the auto of which does about the same as my Teg. But still behind cars in its class. It's underpowered. The 1200cc engine is yielding much better figures, and there's a palpable improvement in torque.

has to be bad maintenance all right as i know a few March owners (2002,2011 and 2012 models) they didnt have any issues and does very well on fuel

but personally i wont go for them as i dont like the design aspect of the car

has to be bad maintenance all right as i know a few March owners (2002,2011 and 2012 models) they didnt have any issues and does very well on fuel

but personally i wont go for them as i dont like the design aspect of the car

beetle march does very well on fuel?

please let us know how they measured the fuel consumption?